It's SNOWING!!!

Tigermike

My daughter just called and said it was snowing! She lives in Blount county on top of Pine mountain, just north of Remlap.

Glad spring is here :D:D

So will this have an adverse effect on my trip to blount county this weekend to whitewater canoe. Or will it give us that little extra water we need.

Cold water is a given, Low water is a disaster.maybe we won't have to drag the boats this year.

I have no idea where Remlap got it's name. I'll look it up, anyway they say this weekend will be sunny and hot. I know the forecasts says by Thursday it will be in the 70's. Have fun in the water it will be cold. :au:

I was in Oneonta today around 11 ocloack and it was down right cold!! It doesn't surprise me that it was snowing up there.

are you going rafting on the black warrior? please be careful!

2ndly: anyone know where remlap got it's name???

ct

Where did it get it's name. I had never heard of the place till my daughter & her family moved up that way.

well for those of you familiar w/ the area, REMLAP is just next door to PALMERDALE, and the land was apparently owned by the same family way back when.

anyway, REMLAP is PALMER spelled backwards....

MD: why in oneonta??? that's my hometown and i rarely get to go back. i do miss it though. went back for my 20th reunion a couple of years ago... *sigh*

ct

CT,

That's part of my territory. I work in insurance and I cover Blount, Cullman, Winston, Walker, and Marion Counties. I go to Oneonta and Cleveland about once a week.

Archived