One-upping our rivals?

rexbo

Newton's stat line proves he's the best in SEC history

I hadn't really thought about it until now; Auburn has been pretty lucky in one-upping our rivals with great players. Herschel comes along and everyone is blown away by his size, power and speed, then Bo comes along. Tebow comes along and everyone is blown away by his combination of running, passing and QB leadership skills; and then along comes Cam...

And of course the Heisman isn't awarded yet, but it looks like right after 'Bama finally breaks their Heisman drought back to forever; Auburn will claim their third...

Life as an Auburn fan is always interesting, and good...

It didn't hit but I did recently see that Tim Tebow had 55 TDs in his Heisman season.... Cam has 49. Granted Cam's other numbers are better but geeze HOW did Tebow have 55 when it seems like Cam is scoring every second. How do you fit in 6 more TDs? Or doees that 55 include his national championship game?

It didn't hit but I did recently see that Tim Tebow had 55 TDs in his Heisman season.... Cam has 49. Granted Cam's other numbers are better but geeze HOW did Tebow have 55 when it seems like Cam is scoring every second. How do you fit in 6 more TDs? Or doees that 55 include his national championship game?

Heir Meyer probably had Tebow playing 3.5 quarters against their OOC cupcakes. He was always a sucker for style points.

Yep, 55. Yes that includes their bowl game.

He had a couple of, shall we say, stat games that year.

Tebow's rushing touchdowns were mostly their goal line offense.It seems that our offense just scores on big plays rather than goal line situation plays.

Cam has a few of those too of course; but I'm curious what Cam's average TD runs were yardage wise compared to Tebow's (StatTiger?). I don't really remember anything of Tebow's that can compare with Cam's long runs against USC game 1, LSU and UGA...

Tebow's rushing touchdowns were mostly their goal line offense.It seems that our offense just scores on big plays rather than goal line situation plays.

Cam has a few of those too of course; but I'm curious what Cam's average TD runs were yardage wise compared to Tebow's (StatTiger?). I don't really remember anything of Tebow's that can compare with Cam's long runs against USC game 1, LSU and UGA...

I'm not certain but I think Tebow's career long run was about 25 or 30 yards. Cam beat that in the first half of his first game.

I'm not certain but I think Tebow's career long run was about 25 or 30 yards. Cam beat that in the first half of his first game.

I think it actually was 50ish, but he got it pretty late in his career. May have been the FSU game his senior year. I remember the commentators making a big deal out of it. Still, Cam has several that long or longer.

the one-upping gets weirder when you compare '09 Bama & '10 Auburn to '92 Bama to '93 Auburn.

Bama doesn't go undefeated between '79-'92 but after 36 years Auburn follows suit the very next year.

Then Bama doesn't go undefeated for another 17 years and boom, Auburn follows with one of our own the very next year again?

This is Jerry Springer stuff!

the one-upping gets weirder when you compare '09 Bama & '10 Auburn to '92 Bama to '93 Auburn.

Bama doesn't go undefeated between '79-'92 but after 36 years Auburn follows suit the very next year.

Then Bama doesn't go undefeated for another 17 years and boom, Auburn follows with one of our own the very next year again?

Or Twilight Zone stuff. :big:

I told some folks before the season started “Well you remember what happened the last time Alabama won the national championship.” But I will be honest I didn’t think there was any way it would happen. I remember I bought a shirt in 93 that said “look who’s perfect now.”

As for Tebow, how did he have such a monster season and his team finished 9-4.

As for Tebow, how did he have such a monster season and his team finished 9-4.

I've wondered the same thing. Maybe they didn't have any other rushing attack? Like we have Dyer and McCalebb. I'm not sure, I didn't watch UF too much in 2007.

I was thinking about that the other day. Its kinda weird how Bama will go undefeated, then Auburn will.

Makes for good heathly rivals, IMO.

Archived