Is Cam Newton the only Auburn starter to never....

cptau

Is Cam Newton the only Auburn football player to have started and never played in a losing game for Auburn? He only played one season, started all 14 games, but all were wins. Can anyone match that?

Perhaps there may have been some players on the early undefeated teams, but I think Cam may be it for the last 50 years or so.

Perhaps Michael Dyer at the moment, but he may not have started or played in every 2010 game.

Is Cam Newton the only Auburn football player to have started and never played in a losing game for Auburn? He only played one season, started all 14 games, but all were wins. Can anyone match that?

Perhaps there may have been some players on the early undefeated teams, but I think Cam may be it for the last 50 years or so.

Perhaps Michael Dyer at the moment, but he may not have started or played in every 2010 game.

I would think there'd have to be somebody from previous undefeated squads. Now, if you said, "Only player to be undefeated in every Auburn game played AND started", you might have something there. As for Dyer and other youngsters, their streak will most likely break at some point, as much as I hate to admit it.

I would think there'd have to be somebody from previous undefeated squads. Now, if you said, "Only player to be undefeated in every Auburn game played AND started", you might have something there. As for Dyer and other youngsters, their streak will most likely break at some point, as much as I hate to admit it.

What, you don't agree with the War Blogler that "Auburn should and could go undefeated in every sport, every year (if you don't think the same, you're not a realist, you're a pessimist)"?

What, you don't agree with the War Blogler that "Auburn should and could go undefeated in every sport, every year (if you don't think the same, you're not a realist, you're a pessimist)"?

If you were a Junior/Senior starter in 1993 and 1994 then you did not lose any games either!

I actually thought to myself as I was typing, "I hope the Blogler doesn't read this".

Also, jw, we lost to bama in '94.

I actually thought to myself as I was typing, "I hope the Blogler doesn't read this".

OK, you are right. My mind remembered 10-0-1, but it was 9-1-1 with a loss to Bama. But still a good stretch for a two year starter!

OK, you are right. My mind remembered 10-0-1, but it was 9-1-1 with a loss to Bama. But still a good stretch for a two year starter!

And a great first 2 years on campus for me! Talk about being spoiled.

1913 team went 8-0

1914 team went 8-0-1 (and didn't give up a single point all season!)

1915 team won the first 6 games (again, didn't give up a single point in those games) before losing the last 2.

So, conceivably a sophomore on the 1913 team could have started 23 games straight without losing: Link

1957 team went 10-0

1958 team went 9-0-1

A junior on the 1957 team could have started 20 straight games without losing.

1913 team went 8-0

1914 team went 8-0-1 (and didn't give up a single point all season!)

1915 team won the first 6 games (again, didn't give up a single point in those games) before losing the last 2.

From 1913 - 1915 in 25 games only game up a total of 37 points, recording 21 shutouts, scoring a total of 599 ponits. blink.gif

Archived