Official "What will Happen in 2004" Thread

DKW 86

Me First:

Sept. 4 LOUISIANA-MONROE AUBURN Big Win.

Sept. 11 at Mississippi State Starkville, MS Tough Win. Croom is getting ready to play soon.

Sept. 18 LSU AUBURN Tough but I think we could win this one. New QB for LSU, On the Road. We have new OC too tho.

Sept. 25 THE CITADEL AUBURN Big Win.

Oct. 2 at Tennessee Knoxville, TN Believe it or not Win. UT will be un organized all year without Clausen.

Oct. 9 LOUISIANA TECH AUBURN Big Win.

Oct. 16 ARKANSAS AUBURN Tough but a Win. Hog Voodoo is gone.

Oct. 23 KENTUCKY AUBURN Big Win.

Oct. 30 at Ole Miss Oxford, MS Win, back to usual.

Nov. 13 GEORGIA AUBURN Tough, hard loss.

Nov. 20 at Alabama Tuscaloosa Win. CTT still good in B-D.

9-2 Regular Season, Chance only at an SECCG Berth.

Good Bowl Win and CTT solidifies program with big raise to Borges.

Finish 10-2.

I agree with that.

You made great points.

I think we can win against lsu but its gonna be a tough game.

WAR EAGLE FOREVER

bring on fb season

I believe it's going to be another Jekyll and Hyde year.

Sept. 4 LOUISIANA-MONROE AUBURN - Jekyll, but with some dumb mistakes

Sept. 11 at Mississippi State Starkville, MS - Hyde, AU blows this one

Sept. 18 LSU AUBURN - Hyde, LSU's D too good

Sept. 25 THE CITADEL - Jekyll

Oct. 2 at Tennessee Knoxville - Jekyll. Big Win. O starts rolling

Oct 9 LOUISIANA TECH AUBURN Big Win - Jekyll.

Oct. 16 ARKANSAS AUBURN - Jekyll

Oct. 23 KENTUCKY AUBURN - Jekyll, but with some dumb mistakes

Oct. 30 at Ole Miss Oxford, MS - Jekyll

Nov. 13 GEORGIA AUBURN Tough - Jekyll. UGA plays without Green and Lumpkin.

Nov. 20 at Alabama Tuscaloosa - Hyde. Gets the big head from the UGA game.

(7-3) Sorry.

Me First:

Sept. 4 LOUISIANA-MONROE AUBURN Big Win.

Sept. 11 at Mississippi State Starkville, MS Tough Win. Croom is getting ready to play soon.

Sept. 18 LSU AUBURN Tough but I think we could win this one. New QB for LSU, On the Road. We have new OC too tho.

Sept. 25 THE CITADEL AUBURN Big Win.

Oct. 2 at Tennessee Knoxville, TN Believe it or not Win. UT will be un organized all year without Clausen.

Oct. 16 ARKANSAS AUBURN Tough but a Win. Hog Voodoo is gone.

Oct. 30 at Ole Miss Oxford, MS Win, back to usual.

Nov. 13 GEORGIA AUBURN Tough, hard loss.

Nov. 20 at Alabama Tuscaloosa Win. CTT still good in B-D.

9-2 Regular Season, Chance only at an SECCG Berth.

Good Bowl Win and CTT solidifies program with big raise to Borges.

Finish 10-2.

Your predictions make a 10-1 regular season unless I'm missing something. 10-1 with a win over LSU is more than a chance at an SECCG berth....that puts us there. I'd take those results every day of the week.

If that plays out, I think we see UF in the SECCG. Sweet revenge for the OT loss.

Sept. 4 LOUISIANA-MONROE AUBURN - 56-7, Big win

Sept. 11 at Mississippi State Starkville, MS - 37-17, Perfect SEC Record so far, but I wouldn't say it was an easy game. Important to get a blow out heading to LSU

Sept. 18 LSU AUBURN - Believe it or not, this is not the biggest game for Auburn in my opinion. Our offense has found itself and is confident after 2 blowouts. Play a tough team, but still find enough offense to win a close one - 27-24! Phillip Yost with a game winning FG to win the game!

Sept. 25 THE CITADEL - 66-0.

Oct. 2 at Tennessee Knoxville - This is the biggest game of the year in my opinion. Even if Auburn loses to LSU, the fans will still be good with a 3-1 record going into this game. If We lose to UT, the next 3 home games, fans will have the fans sad being at 3-2. If we win, fans will be pumped for the next 3 home games at 4-1, they will be excited, thinking we will be 7-1 going to Ole Miss. If we win and we are 5-0, we are a top 5 team and the Auburn community is going crazy! National Championship dreams are huge going into the Georgia Game. I say Tubs gets our team up and we win in Knoxville 20-17!

Oct 9 LOUISIANA TECH AUBURN - 45-13 Auburn

Oct. 16 ARKANSAS AUBURN - Keep rolling baby, 23 - 10 Auburn

Oct. 23 KENTUCKY AUBURN - 45 - 9 Auburn

Oct. 30 at Ole Miss Oxford, MS - REVENGE! 32-23 Auburn

Nov. 13 GEORGIA AUBURN - If we are undefeated or 1 loss, this has to be the game of the week. We FINALLY beat Georgia - Dominate the 1st half and Hold them off in the 2nd half 28-24

Nov. 20 at Alabama Tuscaloosa - National Championship is on the line, Iron Bowl brings back its old luster as Bama tries to end our dreams. Bama starts off good, but Auburn wins 23-13

SEC Championship - Auburn beats Florida, Yost has huge game. Auburn 22 - 17

National Championship - Auburn gets it's revenge on USC and Cadillac shows why he is the Heisman Winner. Auburn 27 - 17

This is CTT's to show what he can do. The schedule has never set up better. 9 regular season wins is an absolute must this year. They SHOULD cruise with the exception of LSU(for obvious reasons) UT(should win but it is in Knoxville) and Georgia(again, for obvious reasons)

Bama scares me simply because of their schedule and what they may look like by seasons end. They may be sky high with confidence because if you think AU has one of their easier schedules, look at how this sets up. Not a flame but please...who set this up???

Utah State (Comparable to La. Monroe opener)

Ole Miss(No Eli-No Ole Miss)

Western Kentucky(The mighty Catamounts)

Arkansas(What, 3 returning starters?)

South Carolina(Toughest game yet)

Kentucky(Another FORMIDABLE OPPONENT to start the season)

Southern Miss(They always talk about how tough this game is but their like 124-2 against the mighty Golden eagles)

Tennessee(Finally, a real game)

I know we play a lot of the same teams but this schedule is set up so that if you have ANY kind of talent, there's no excuse for not coming into the UT game 7-0.

There's nothing going on right now so I had to stir the pot a little. B)

if you have ANY kind of talent, there's no excuse for not coming into the UT game 7-0.

Well, they have some....but not much. Their biggest problem will be depth. Can they make it through an SEC schedule without any injuries to the 22 starters? I doubt it.

I am going to say 9-2 but I really can't pinpoint the losses. Could be Ole Miss, UGA, LSU, or UT but I think AU takes 2 of them.

Sept. 4 LOUISIANA-MONROE AUBURN - 56-7, Big win

Sept. 11 at Mississippi State Starkville, MS - 37-17, Perfect SEC Record so far, but I wouldn't say it was an easy game. Important to get a blow out heading to LSU

Sept. 18 LSU AUBURN - Believe it or not, this is not the biggest game for Auburn in my opinion. Our offense has found itself and is confident after 2 blowouts. Play a tough team, but still find enough offense to win a close one - 27-24! Phillip Yost with a game winning FG to win the game!

Sept. 25 THE CITADEL - 66-0.

Oct. 2 at Tennessee Knoxville - This is the biggest game of the year in my opinion. Even if Auburn loses to LSU, the fans will still be good with a 3-1 record going into this game. If We lose to UT, the next 3 home games, fans will have the fans sad being at 3-2. If we win, fans will be pumped for the next 3 home games at 4-1, they will be excited, thinking we will be 7-1 going to Ole Miss. If we win and we are 5-0, we are a top 5 team and the Auburn community is going crazy! National Championship dreams are huge going into the Georgia Game. I say Tubs gets our team up and we win in Knoxville 20-17!

Oct 9 LOUISIANA TECH AUBURN - 45-13 Auburn

Oct. 16 ARKANSAS AUBURN - Keep rolling baby, 23 - 10 Auburn

Oct. 23 KENTUCKY AUBURN - 45 - 9 Auburn

Oct. 30 at Ole Miss Oxford, MS - REVENGE! 32-23 Auburn

Nov. 13 GEORGIA AUBURN - If we are undefeated or 1 loss, this has to be the game of the week. We FINALLY beat Georgia - Dominate the 1st half and Hold them off in the 2nd half 28-24

Nov. 20 at Alabama Tuscaloosa - National Championship is on the line, Iron Bowl brings back its old luster as Bama tries to end our dreams. Bama starts off good, but Auburn wins 23-13

SEC Championship - Auburn beats Florida, Yost has huge game. Auburn 22 - 17

National Championship - Auburn gets it's revenge on USC and Cadillac shows why he is the Heisman Winner. Auburn 27 - 17

man I like your attitude I have to say this is the best post I have read in a while WAR DAMN EAGLE MAN

Sep 4 Louisiana-Monroe - W...cupcake #1

Sep 11 at Mississippi State - W...shouldn't be close, but could be a scrap

Sep 18 LSU - pick 'em...really tough one, LSU will be tested by Oregon St., could be to their advantage. Still I called 'our kicking game making a surprising difference' weeks ago.

Sep 25 The Citadel - W...cupcake #2...oy!

Oct 2 at Tennessee - W...UT qb situation isn't fixed yet

Oct 9 Louisiana Tech - W...they always seem able to score, don't think they have a big time qb, for a change

Oct 16 Arkansas - pick 'em...not as sure the 'hog voodoo' is gone completely, could be make-or-break type game

Oct 23 Kentucky - W...sure would have liked to have seen that OT play qb

Oct 30 at Ole Miss - W...we need to TCB in this one...make sure our voodoo remains for the Rebs

Nov 13 Georgia - pick 'em...always a tough one to figure. after the past two years, its our turn for some good fortune

Nov 20 at Alabama - W...keep '0-fer' alive!

Bottom line: I will NEVER pick AU to lose in May. The 'pick 'em' games are clearly going to take a combination of supreme effort and a nice bounce or two, IMHO...but they are all at home. While it may be only in my feeble imagination, I will always think that playing in J-H is going to give us an advantage. Tell 'em all to "Bring it!"

War Eagle!

I pretty much agree too, but with these thoughts:

LA-Mo: :rolleyes:

Miss State: Should be a win - tough, but don't think it will be that tough. Gotta figure in road trip tho...

LSU: I think it's a win, but barely. If it were later in the season, I would not be as optimistic. Randall will have only played two games prior to showing up at JHS this year, and he just won't be ready for it. Being at home will be our edge, and Randall will be coming back to the scene of his worst nightmare from 2 yrs ago. Now let's hope for another 11:30 kickoff!! :D

Citadel: :rolleyes:

TN: Toss up - if it's a win, it won't come easy. Yes, they will be under a new QB, but it will be halfway thru the season, he will have had some big games already, and you just can't overlook the Rocky Top home field factor. Blech.

La-Tech: :rolleyes: Here's hoping we are the Louisiana State Football champions after this game. ;)

Arky: Solid win. Yeah, they hate our guts, but JHS will be one big vat of grease to fry up some pork rinds. I am counting on this one to be a fun game.

KY: :rolleyes:

Ole Miss: Win - back to normal.

GA: VERY SCARY!! Most likely opportunity for a loss, IMHO, even tho it is at home.

Bammer: :P 'nuff said.

SO - I see three potential losses: LSU, TN and GA, and there's always room for an upset (Arky). But this should be a great season. Too bad that our strength of schedule would hurt us should we play beyond all our wildest dreams and wind up BCS bound. :( Bright side - lots of opportunities this year for some young players to get some field time.

BOTTON LINE: I want 12-0 counting BCS :) , but I would be VERY happy with 10-2. :au:

BOTTON LINE: I want 12-0 counting BCS :) , but I would be VERY happy with 10-2. :au:

I'm with you Jen!!!

:au::au::au:

OK ima be the one to go out on the limb we win all beat florida in sec champ game got to nc game to get even with usc

Man, when ya'll aren't wiping the floor with the corndog scum that comes in sometimes, you actually give some respect!

Major props! :DB):D

Man, when ya'll aren't wiping the floor with the corndog scum that comes in sometimes, you actually give some respect!

Major props! :DB):D

No problem. I think Saban is just getting started. Tubs is a Terd.......Here comes the backlash. I think Canada is getting to me.

Tiger, eh...I will not stand for that kind of language on this board. How dare you say something like that. Your language has offended men, women and young children, while your thinking is so outrageous, it makes me wonder what planet you're from.

You cannot come on this board and say..."Saban is just getting started" :P

Foul language will not be permitted here.

What will happen in 2004?

1) We will, unfortunately, lose at least one, after which many "Chicken Littles" will be calling for CTT's head.

2) Campbell will make at least one mistake in the first 5 games, at which time some people in the stands will scream for Cox.

3) After Spuat wins its first three games, Bama fans will begin yelling that they are guarateed an undefeated season and the national championship (only to still be lucky to break 50% by season's end)

4) At least one BOT member or upper adminstrator at both Auburn and Tuscaloosa will make a bonehead move or statement.

5) At least one Fla. St. player will run afoul of the law.

6) There will be a controversy over the BSC ratings and bowl selections.

7) Bama fans will gripe about the NCAA.

8) Toomer's Corner will be rolled many times.

:D:D

Seriously, I say we only lose one or two, with that loss or losses coming from either LSU, Tenn, Georgia. If we beat LSU, we make it to Atlanta on the head-to-head tie-breaker and a BSC bowl.

i wouldnt hold my breath on phillip yost kicking a game winning fg

Sept. 4 LOUISIANA-MONROE AUBURN This one we'll win big. I do think we'll stumble coming out of the gates, but should pour it on late in the game.

Sept. 11 at Mississippi State Starkville, MS I think Croom will have them ready to play. They'll come out strong and probably play a lot harder than a lot of people think, but we'll pull away late in the game. This game will be closer than the score will make it look.

Sept. 18 LSU AUBURN This one is going to be a tough game, but I think we'll drop it. It'll be a lot closer than last year. I think the arrogance that follows winning a national title combined with the AU senior's need to prove something will make this one of the better games of the year. We have the ability to win the game, but something tells me this is going to be the game JC stumbles in which will lead a lot of fans to call for his head.

Sept. 25 THE CITADEL AUBURN Big Win. No question here.

Oct. 2 at Tennessee Knoxville, I think this game is too early in the season for UT to play with a new QB under center. They'll drop the game in a close one due to a mental error by their QB. Although, Fulmer may be able to pull something off. No one thought Clausen would be good either. This one could swing the other way...

Oct. 16 ARKANSAS AUBURN Tough game, but I don't think it'll be too close. Arkansas is going to be hurt without Cobbs.

Oct. 30 at Ole Miss Oxford, MS No Eli, no problem.

Nov. 13 GEORGIA AUBURN Win. This one will be tough, it's always tough. I think this will finally be one where the chips fall in our favor at the end of the game. This is another game where we could stumble.

Nov. 20 at Alabama Tuscaloosa Win. Bama is still a year or two away from being a big player in the SEC again. It'll be close, it's almost always close. I think Shula will put a good team on the field but, I don't think Hudson and Darby are going to make for a solid backfield. Brodie Croyle is clearly not the "savior" of the program he was heralded to be and I don't think Spencer Pennington would be any better.

What will happen in 2004?

1) We will, unfortunately, lose at least one, after which many "Chicken Littles" will be calling for CTT's head.

2) Campbell will make at least one mistake in the first 5 games, at which time some people in the stands will scream for Cox.

3) After Spuat wins its first three games, Bama fans will begin yelling that they are guarateed an undefeated season and the national championship (only to still be lucky to break 50% by season's end)

4) At least one BOT member or upper adminstrator at both Auburn and Tuscaloosa will make a bonehead move or statement.

5) At least one Fla. St. player will run afoul of the law.

6) There will be a controversy over the BSC ratings and bowl selections.

7) Bama fans will gripe about the NCAA.

8) Toomer's Corner will be rolled many times.

:D:D

Seriously, I say we only lose one or two, with that loss or losses coming from either LSU, Tenn, Georgia. If we beat LSU, we make it to Atlanta on the head-to-head tie-breaker and a BSC bowl.

I LOVE college football.... :yes:

Sniff, Sniff is that cornbread and Hotdog I smell???? No wait it is a :corndog::lol:

At this point my Heart is saying 12-0 with a NC but my head is saying we loose at least one game and it will be to someone we should beat like Arkansas, Kentucky or Old Miss. Yes I am saying we beat LSU, UGA and UT but stumble against a team we are favored over.

I would like to say 12-0 also, but I have to be realistic. We don't have a proven QB. Our defense is very questionable, at this point. There is a new offense to deal with, that probably won't be fully operational until late in the year. Also, it may never get on track. Throw in some bone-head fake punt calls from our goal line, or missed chip-shot field goals and we are looking at a 7-4 season, which is about average for CTT.

Auburn will win all of its games including the national championship. At the Alabama game in Tuskaloser, Bama will be held scoreless even though a safety is called back due to an off sides penalty.

Some people on this board will declare Auburn's season a total farce, complaining that we trailed in three games before winning on a lucky break in the fourth quarter. Many will assail CTT as an okay manager but not a real football coach. Borges, they will argue is responsible for Auburn's success, forgetting how they assailed him upon his hiring. The call will go out to fire CTT and replace him with Borges, or even give Petrino another chance at a plane ride.

Bobby Lowder will give his full support to CTT and give $2M to build a women's quilting facility on campus. His support of CTT will put CTT on shaky ground with the alumni, fans and faculty. CTT will be offered the atheletic director's job as a face saving measure. CTT refuses to step down as head coach and forces Richardson to make the decision. CTT's entire family seeks psychological care.

Richardson then calls Mengelt to see who's available. Mengelt gives Richardson a list of seven possible candidates, including Sylvester Croom. Richardson gives Mengelt $1M and thanks him for his efforts.

Richardson asks the advice of his wife, who says she thinks CTT is "cute" and a "nice guy." She says she sees no reason why he should go other than his support from Lowder.

Richardson takes his wife's advice and informs CTT that he will not be replaced. CTT reminds Richardson of all the turmoil he's been put through at Auburn, and advises that while his job was in the air, he paid an ex-Auburn basketball player $1M to search for possible coaching jobs for him if he was fired. He was provided a list of seven schools that might be interested in hiring a head football coach. That list included Mississippi State.

Fearing that CTT might actually resign this time, Richardson offers a three year extension to CTT's cotract and raises his annual salary to $1 less than Nick Saban makes. In addition, he told him he would give him a $2 bill each year that AU beats LSU. CTT accepts the offer and continues coaching as if nothing happened. He does buy a duck hunting lodge in Arkansas and a fishing yatch which he moors in Destin.

Mengelt buys a marina outside Chicago and a yatch which he moors at his marina.

Richardson has marital relations with his wife and thanks her for that and her help in the coaching decision.

Auburn gets screwed in the press for another bizare fiasco, but don't forget, WE WON THE NATIONAL CHAMIONSHIP!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!

*grin*

Auburn will win all of its games including the national championship. At the Alabama game in Tuskaloser, Bama will be held scoreless even though a safety is called back due to an off sides penalty.

Some people on this board will declare Auburn's season a total farce, complaining that we trailed in three games before winning on a lucky break in the fourth quarter. Many will assail CTT as an okay manager but not a real football coach. Borges, they will argue is responsible for Auburn's success, forgetting how they assailed him upon his hiring. The call will go out to fire CTT and replace him with Borges, or even give Petrino another chance at a plane ride.

Bobby Lowder will give his full support to CTT and give $2M to build a women's quilting facility on campus. His support of CTT will put CTT on shaky ground with the alumni, fans and faculty. CTT will be offered the atheletic director's job as a face saving measure. CTT refuses to step down as head coach and forces Richardson to make the decision. CTT's entire family seeks psychological care.

Richardson then calls Mengelt to see who's available. Mengelt gives Richardson a list of seven possible candidates, including Sylvester Croom. Richardson gives Mengelt $1M and thanks him for his efforts.

Richardson asks the advice of his wife, who says she thinks CTT is "cute" and a "nice guy." She says she sees no reason why he should go other than his support from Lowder.

Richardson takes his wife's advice and informs CTT that he will not be replaced. CTT reminds Richardson of all the turmoil he's been put through at Auburn, and advises that while his job was in the air, he paid an ex-Auburn basketball player $1M to search for possible coaching jobs for him if he was fired. He was provided a list of seven schools that might be interested in hiring a head football coach. That list included Mississippi State.

Fearing that CTT might actually resign this time, Richardson offers a three year extension to CTT's cotract and raises his annual salary to $1 less than Nick Saban makes. In addition, he told him he would give him a $2 bill each year that AU beats LSU. CTT accepts the offer and continues coaching as if nothing happened. He does buy a duck hunting lodge in Arkansas and a fishing yatch which he moors in Destin.

Mengelt buys a marina outside Chicago and a yatch which he moors at his marina.

Richardson has marital relations with his wife and thanks her for that and her help in the coaching decision.

Auburn gets screwed in the press for another bizare fiasco, but don't forget, WE WON THE NATIONAL CHAMIONSHIP!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!

*grin*

NOW THAT'S COMEDY!!

anyone else feel a little "laugh to keep from crying" after reading LegalEagle's post???

War Eagle...seriously

Archived