Official "What will Happen in 2004" Thread

DKW 86

Whoever trotted out the Jekyll and Hyde analogy was spot-on...

Louisiana-Monroe, Citadel and Louisiana Tech are not even worthy of discussing.

Mississippi State won't have it together yet, but I think they've got the right guy for the job. They'll keep it close for a while, but they just don't have the talent right now.

LSU...this is one of those that very few people would predict us to win right now because of what happened last year, but it is a game we are plenty capable of winning. A good start is a must, though...there's no coming back from a start like we had last year, even at home. I'm going to use the pencil and write down a large upset W.

Tennessee...I think too many people have written this one down as a sure win largely due to Clausen's departure. We rarely play well in Knoxville, although this is the first time in a long time that we go up there with a team comparable in ability...1999 was a complete mismatch talent-wise. I think we could be ripe for the picking in this one...hope I'm wrong.

Arkansas...if there's a team that deserves a good pimp-slapping just for the hell of it, it's Arkansas. This is another team that I'm leery of because of their history of crapping in our Cheerios. I say that there's none of that this year, though...they lost some key underclassmen (and 9-year letterman Cedric Cobbs) to the NFL and 7'8" Matt Jones can't do it all himself.

Kentucky...barely worth mentioning...last time we played them in Auburn, "Friends" was in its second week of existence. The Vanilla Gorilla has moved on and so has Kentucky's chances of being competitive in this game.

Ole Miss...the biggest reason they improved as much as they did last year record-wise was that their defense turned it around after a slow start. Eli was Eli, of course, but without their defense improving, they would have been their typical 7-5 selves. They've got enough of their supporting cast back to be decent, but I think we'll escape with a tough win...less than a TD.

Georgia...the Dawgs took back their home field (for the moment) last year and while I have the highest of hopes that we can do the same, I just don't see us getting past UGA...I feel another heartbreaker coming on much like 2002...hopefully that's just the pizza rolls talking to me.

Alabama...it might make me less than perfectly optimistic, but this one is anything but a lead-pipe cinch, even with Alabama's talent deficits due to the lingering effects of probation. It's a game we should win and one that I say we will win right now, but there's a whole bunch that can happen between now and then. I know very few people in the spring of '93 gave us a snowball's chance against them in the fall...they were coming off of a national title and we were breaking in a new coach and about to go on probation ourselves...then came 22-14 on November 20, 1993. Too many variables to even begin to make an accurate prediction on this game.

I love the optimism. Nothing like the preseason where everybody has a chance.

Sep 4 Louisiana-Monroe - W - Williams and Brown both go for 150+

Sep 11 at Mississippi State - W - dogs just don't have much SEC-caliber talent

Sep 18 LSU - L - Tigers lose on a late missed FG or interception (the 2 achilles' heels of our team)

Sep 25 The Citadel - W - see LaMon

Oct 2 at Tennessee - W - the volz may be a top 25 team, but they will not be near as good as last season....and we know what happened last season. See Citadel.

Oct 9 Louisiana Tech - W - see Citadel

Oct 16 Arkansas - W - lost 18 starters....don't see this being too close.

Oct 23 Kentucky - W - waaaay to close of a game for comfort

Oct 30 at Ole Miss - W - back to the way it ought to be.

Nov 13 Georgia - W - Tigers win on a late FG or interception (karma, baby)

Nov 20 at Alabama - W - the tiders will have some injuries in 04, and it will cost them bigtime.

We could run the table, or we could lose 3-4. It just depends on a couple of things:

1. Can JC become the QB we've wanted him to be??

2. Can Borges be the anti-Nall?

3. Can our front 7 on D gel by the time lsu comes to town?

4. Can we stay healty on the OL??

5. Can we catch the breaks?

I don't realistically see us going 11-0, but it could happen. No matter what happens, I'll be there as many times as possible.

WDE

Alabama has another crappy season....only to make excuses about how many fake national championships they've won. Croyle actually has his shoulder ripped out by getting hit by McClover... Shula, in the best interest for the team, decides to put Croyle back in the game anyways with one working arm and shoulder....Do I need to go on? lol :au:

1. Trev Alberts' favorite team will lose to Florida

2. Greg Wilkerson will be the GSC's newcomer of the year

3. Auburn will go 8-3 (losses to LSU, Georgia, and a screw up at some point)

4. Georgia's seniors will win another SEC East title, possibly more

5. Alabama will be declared "back" after winning 3 or 4 games

• 6 months later...

Archived