Boise State controversy over...

tgr4lfe

Honestly, it looked like the refs were trying to keep Boise's hopes alive. Did you guys see that super late PI flag?

Pitiful.

The sad thing is, they do this every year, and next year they'll start out ranked 6 or 7th

1321144299[/url]' post='778749']

Honestly, it looked like the refs were trying to keep Boise's hopes alive. Did you guys see that super late PI flag?

Pitiful.

The sad thing is, they do this every year, and next year they'll start out ranked 6 or 7th

No, but saw Twitter comments in Gamecast. Yes, they MIGHT still end up in BCS game, I doubt it, but possible. They will throttle whoever they play in a non-BCS bowl against Pac12 or Big10/12 opponent and get elevated again.

... next year they'll start out ranked 6 or 7th

No, they won't. Kellen Moore graduates this year. I don't have a clue who's next in line, but without an experienced starter at QB, they'll probably be ranked in the 20-25 range.

No, they won't. Kellen Moore graduates this year. I don't have a clue who's next in line, but without an experienced starter at QB, they'll probably be ranked in the 20-25 range.

and if the get in the big east, they will have a real schedule to play. not going to be as easy getting into a bcs bowl game when they are in a bcs conference.

1321155279[/url]' post='778825']
1321148545[/url]' post='778773']
1321144299[/url]' post='778749']

and if the get in the big east, they will have a real schedule to play. not going to be as easy getting into a bcs bowl game when they are in a bcs conference.

I'm not sure the Big East qualifies as real? Cinch leads conference & they got drilled by UT!!!! What will one of top 8, heck even Houston, do to them?

1321157666[/url]' post='778850']

Houston to a BCS Bowl?

They will get matched up w/ the Big East champ & Houston will throttle them!!!

Boise made the mistake of being in the Mountain West for one year with TCU, when TCU was down and letting TCU beat Boise at home. Too bad.

Not going to be easy to compare Boise this year to next year in a new conference. They are losing their senior QB. Football will be tough for Boise somewhere. Too bad.

What "controversy" is over? It's not like they got blown out 45-7, and they still own a 35-21 stomping of UGA at their house. They lost a close game because their kicker missed a chip shot FG. It happend last year too -- for the 2nd year in a row, Kellen Moore directed his offense down the field into FG distance with seconds remaining only to have the kicker miss. They're still a good team capable of beating anyone.

Lank

TCU coach Gary Patterson made a gutsy call, opting to put the game in Pachall's hands and go for the lead instead of the tie. It worked. Pachall tossed a short pass to Josh Boyce, who fought his way into the end zone, putting TCU up 36-35 and quieting a raucous Bronco Stadium crowd.

Patterson said the decision to go for two points was easy considering the circumstances.

''We're not going to win this if this keeps going,'' Patterson said. ''So, the only way we're going to be able to do it is to steal it. We were able to get the play and get the points and we were fortunate that they missed a field goal. It's just as simple as that.''

I like what HC Petersen said:

''We'll see what these guys are made of,'' Boise State coach Chris Petersen said. ''This is real-life football. You don't win all your games all the time - as much as we've done that around here.''

What "controversy" is over? It's not like they got blown out 45-7, and they still own a 35-21 stomping of UGA at their house. They lost a close game because their kicker missed a chip shot FG. It happend last year too -- for the 2nd year in a row, Kellen Moore directed his offense down the field into FG distance with seconds remaining only to have the kicker miss. They're still a good team capable of beating anyone.

Lank

TCU coach Gary Patterson made a gutsy call, opting to put the game in Pachall's hands and go for the lead instead of the tie. It worked. Pachall tossed a short pass to Josh Boyce, who fought his way into the end zone, putting TCU up 36-35 and quieting a raucous Bronco Stadium crowd.

Patterson said the decision to go for two points was easy considering the circumstances.

''We're not going to win this if this keeps going,'' Patterson said. ''So, the only way we're going to be able to do it is to steal it. We were able to get the play and get the points and we were fortunate that they missed a field goal. It's just as simple as that.''

I like what HC Petersen said:

''We'll see what these guys are made of,'' Boise State coach Chris Petersen said. ''This is real-life football. You don't win all your games all the time - as much as we've done that around here.''

Yea but a 12-0 Boise = has a shot at BCS

a 11-1 Boise not so much...

Archived