Inside LineBacker

mattd

Maybe I'm missing something but we need more depth at ILB and it doesn't seem like we have very many that we are in the "lead" for at this position. Unless Cassanova McKinzy is going to wind up there. He has the size but listed as OLB...anyone else know of any players we are in on?

The lack of talent at the LB position is only amplified with the lackluster play of the DL. I saw AU has a new verbal , listed as OLB / DE,6'1", and weighing a whopping 205. Not even Oregon has players that small.

Also, I was under the impression that we're stacked at that position,and have critical needs in the middle.

Not real sure what CGC's game plan is here, but judging from how poorly the D has performed over the past 3 seasons...changes had better be made, or else.

The lack of talent at the LB position is only amplified with the lackluster play of the DL. I saw AU has a new verbal , listed as OLB / DE,6'1", and weighing a whopping 205. Not even Oregon has players that small.

Also, I was under the impression that we're stacked at that position,and have critical needs in the middle.

Not real sure what CGC's game plan is here, but judging from how poorly the D has performed over the past 3 seasons...changes had better be made, or else.

Javy Mitchell may be undersized at the moment but don't doubt his ability to play the OLB position. Mitchell will most likely get red-shirted and add 20-30 pounds to his frame(he has the body frame to hold it easily). Just to add, Mitchell would be the fastest LB on the team from day 1 with his 4.4 - 4.5 forty.

The LB position is the worst on the squad, with regard to the "just give it another year" line of thinking. That's probably true at many other positions, but LB is not promising. We have Landrum (6'3", 235) and Swain 6'2", 230) redshirted along with the injured Frost but none of them has played a single snap of college football and Frost is the only one that was highly recruited.

Cass Mckinzy should help. The recently committed Mitchell may well end up at Safety (at 6'1" and 200 lbs he has 4.4 speed) and will need a redshirt year in any case. Kwon Alexander may well be ours but he's also an OLB.

It's been said that Coach Chizik has personally taken over the recruitment of Noor Davis, 6'4", 225 LB from Florida. Let's hope Chiz wins this one, we need Davis.

The lack of talent at the LB position is only amplified with the lackluster play of the DL.

This is what I've been concerned with the most after watching the DL this season. We REALLY need to recruit more beef on the DL.

Mr. Eddie Goldman, we should have plenty of early playing time.

Archived