Rogers and Ratliff Make Pro Bowl

rebdawg

Great season for Carlos. He, like every other Tiger before him, just needed to get the heck out of D.C. That franchise is a mess.

I'm happy for Jay, but that seems odd to me. He didn't really have a big year for the Boys. That looks/feels more like a "I can't remember who the good DTs are and don't feel like looking it up... who was in there last year?" type of vote. I am surprised he's starting over Suh or Raji or even some other guys. Pro Bowl voting tends to perpetuate itself (once you get in, you're difficult to unseat). Perfect example: Ray Lewis was hurt for almost half the season... he's a Pro Bowl starter.

Great season for Carlos. He, like every other Tiger before him, just needed to get the heck out of D.C. That franchise is a mess.

I'm happy for Jay, but that seems odd to me. He didn't really have a big year for the Boys. That looks/feels more like a "I can't remember who the good DTs are and don't feel like looking it up... who was in there last year?" type of vote. I am surprised he's starting over Suh or Raji or even some other guys. Pro Bowl voting tends to perpetuate itself (once you get in, you're difficult to unseat). Perfect example: Ray Lewis was hurt for almost half the season... he's a Pro Bowl starter.

Good points all. Suh was a protest vote because he's proving to be such a nut case I think. But this new breed of NG's that are DE quick started with Ratliff - he has redefined the position. He just isn't getting credit for it like Lawrence Taylor redefining the OLB position or what Tony Gonzalez has done with the TE position. You also have to love that whenever Jay gets a sack he screams War Eagle!

I also love your point about Ray Lewis. Granted the cat is a baller but he hasn't been the best middle linebacker in the league since Takeo Spikes was drafted. Gerome Bettus once asked how Ray Lewis could keep getting voted NFL Defensive player of the year when he wasn't even the best player at his position in his on division. When the reporters asked who that was he said that Spikes kid at Cincinnati.

Much love to Takeo, but I'd take Ray Lewis over him every day and twice on gameday. Takeo is and has been a beast, but there's a reason Ray Lewis became the centerpiece and face of his franchise while Takeo bounced from team to team. Ray is more consistent, and he does more to get other guys in position to make plays than any linebacker in the NFL since Singletary. That said, he has no business being anywhere near the Pro Bowl this year.

Archived