AU Men's BBall wins again!!!

Has anyone watched them play in person during this streak?  I watched them play against Dayton here in Chicago and I didn't ever think they could go on this kind of tear.  UD is a good team, but we looked terrible and they looked even worse.  I was wondering what your honest assessment of how we will do in the SEC is.  I hope we can really keep it going.  We finally hit some free throws yesterday, but we have not really been tested yet all, except maybe against UD, but that was not the traditional Flyers team either. 

I have watched them on several occasions live and they are getting better and better.  I think they started to turn a corner when they battled back and came close to beating Xavier on the road.  Things are looking up and I think we will do pretty good in league play.

Well me and Sportalk have gone to several of the games here. At times we look good. Our free throw percentage in the first game that I went to against Alabama State was AWFUL. We have been doing better. If our boys can't make the easy 10 foot jumpers then we will get whooped up on bad. We have big men down low, but no one that is dominant enough to get the ball to everytime. We pretty much fast break and run and gun the whole game from what I saw. We were getting beat rebounding when they were shooting a free throw, which from what I remember was tough to do if you box out. Our gameplan all depends on moving the ball fast and making outside shots. With the full court D that Auburn is playing we could easily sneak up on some teams. If the guys hustle we should be fine. I really think when we start some SEC games it will be tough simply because if they run a set play, we have quickness, but we will have to watch the big men down low. If Tay Waller is hot then he can score 20 easily. Our gameplan is not about one person that can score. We have lots of players that get points normally. We have lots of shooters. It all depends on how they are falling that night.

I am hoping we get some wins in SEC play.  I haven't had a chance to see them play, so I am in the dark as to how we will fare this season.  I wish them all the luck. 

:wedance:

Archived