VISITORS FOR WEEKEND OF 1-30-2009

Crouching Tiger

Right Now I Show visiting this weekend:

Dede Lattimore (Committed to South Florida yesterday but Rivals still as of now shows him to visit this weekend)

Rueben Randle

David Oku

Aubrey Phillips

Daren Bates

Clint Moseley

Greg King

Corey Gaines

Taikwon Paige

Jamontay Pilson

Tell me if all of you show this is correct for now.. and advise if you know of any others or of any cancellations.

As far as I know, Bryce Brown is not confirmed as visiting yet. I wish I could tell you a source to confirm it now, but as of now I do not have one. From all I can tell at this time it is just a rumor.

DeDe Lattimore committed to South Florida yesterday and looking at Scout's website he isn't on the list of visitors for this weekend but on Rivals he is listed to visit this weekend. So who knows, maybe he will visit. I hope he does and falls in love with Auburn.

Thank you for the information. If DeDe will visit, there is always a chance... I hope he still comes.

I just looked at Rivals -- they have us ranked 19th in recruiting. Scout has us ranked 22nd. I am so proud of our coaches. I just did not believe 3 to 4 weeks ago that we would be ranked that high 1 week before NSD.

Great Job Coaches!!!

War Eagle

Bryan Matthews on Auburnsports.com has written an article today indicating that Taikwon Paige and Jamontay Pilson are also coming to visit this weekend.

Here is a free article from rivals:

Auburn recruiting picking up steam

Bryan Matthews

AuburnSports.com Publisher

Talk about it in The Bunker

With just one week before Signing Day, Auburn's recruiting is picking up steam as the Tigers added three commitments this week and have a star-studded group of visitors scheduled to come in the final weekend.

Rollison was a big pickup for the Tigers.

Auburn's Big Monday started with the commitment of Brewton (Ala.) W.S. Neal defensive tackle Jamar Travis, who switched his commitment from Southern Miss to Auburn following his official visit to the Plains last weekend.

"It's always been where I want to go and play football," Travis said.

Not long after Travis' announcement, Auburn added another defensive linemen in Mansfield (Tex.) Summitt defensive end Nosa Eguae who picked the Tigers following his official visit to Texas Tech.

Both Travis and Eguae will be playing for Auburn defensive line coach Tracy Rocker.

"Auburn is the place for me. I knew it was the place for me when I had my first conversation with Coach Rocker," Eguae said. "He's a great coach and a great person and I can't wait to play for him."

The news got even better for AU Tuesday with the commitment of Sulphur Springs (Tex.) four-star Tyrik Rollison. The nation's No. 2 ranked dual-threat quarterback picked the Tigers a day after returning home from an official visit to Auburn.

Rollison credited Auburn assistant coach Curtis Luper for convincing him to become a Tiger.

"Me and Coach Luper have a great relationship. I've known him for a while. That kind of helped everything," Rollison said.

The three commitments pushed Auburn's team recruiting rankings up from No. 30 to No. 19 and put the Tigers in striking distance of signing a Top 15 class.

Auburn has positioned itself for an exciting finish to '09 class with a big and talented group of official visitors expected in the final weekend.

Auburn is hoping to add another impact RB to the '09 class in Oku.

So far, AuburnSports.com has a preliminary list of 10 official visitors expected in Auburn this weekend including six prospects ranked as a four-star or higher led by Bastrop (La.) wide receiver Rueben Randle, who is ranked a five-star and the nation's No. 2 overall prospect.

Other top prospects expected on the Plains this weekend include four-star running back David Oku from Midwest City, Okla., four-star defensive tackle Corey Gaines from Tallahassee, Fla., four-star offensive tackle Aubrey Phillips from Olive Branch, Miss., four-star cornerback Taikwon Paige from Georgia Military Junior College and four-star defensive tackle Jamontay Pilson from Greenville, Ala., who committed to Auburn in March.

Auburn's coaching staff can remain on the road visiting recruits through Saturday before a recruiting dead period begins. NCAA regulations allow coaching staffs unlimited phone calls 48 hours before and after National Signing Day, which is Wednesday, Feb. 4.

Coach Ted Roof visited Taikwon Paige yesterday (tuesday the 27th) and convinced him to come to Auburn this weekend.

Yes it really is. I just hope when Taikwon comes this weekend that the coaches can convince him to commit to us.

War Eagle!

Ive never followed AU recruiting until this year..Can any you hardcore veterans ever recall a year as this exciting ?

Or is the excitement because we expected to do so poorly with the regime change?

The year Pat Dye was hired was pretty exciting and the undefeated season of 2004 was very excitiing. The season of the 17-16 win over Alabama 1972 was very exciting.

Uh oh I am telling my age. Hey all of you can see that I am an ancient warrior. LOL

Several of our SEC championship years were very exciting, but this is one that is very unusual because we have had such an awful year with many terrible things happening to us, and now suddenly everything seems to be turning around. The main reason in my opinion is because we are more united than ever as an Auburn Family.

Isn't it great to be an Auburn Tiger? War Eagle!!!!

I don't expect to see Bryce Brown this weekend because he is on his "vacation" to get away from everything.  It does not look as though he will be signing with anyone on signing day and there is a good possibility he will be visiting Auburn after signing day.  I think we still have a shot at him.  I don't believe he is crazy about the pro style offense that the new O Coordinator is bringing to Miami and is comfortable in an offense similar to what we run.

If it's true Bryce Brown isn't crazy about a pro-style offense, then that'd probably rule Tennessee out as well, right?

And what are the chances, anybody in here who'd know, that that Thigpen kid, Tennessee commit, might come in this weekend for a visit?  Somebody somewhere said Kiffin says he doesn't fit into their plans....?

Archived