David Oku update

AUSportTalk

I heard that Oku is now openly courting ole Miss and Clemson.  I gotta say I don't think he's coming to Auburn anymore.  I think he sees what we see...the fact that we have a stable full of very capable running backs already signed (Aycock, Jacobs, McCalebb, etc.) and is now looking elsewhere.

I kind of agree with another poster.  I'm getting tired of waiting on the kid.  I'm sure he's a stud, but my goodness.  I'm getting to not care whether he comes or not.  If he comes I'll root as hard as anyone, but until then , my patience groweth thin.

So, SportTalk,.... are you hearing anything at all on DO now? What do you think our chances are at this point? I think personally, that we are out at this point. I think we did have a shot, but the fact that it has drug out this far, and new teams are coming up, doesn't fare good for the Tigers.

The thing Oku should be looking at is compatiblity, and he would really fit in Gus's offence more than he would at Ole Sis or UT. Nutt is going to run a pro set power running attack same as Kiffin. Oku is a smallish back with great moves and good hands. He perfectly fits into what should be our new offence with backs as receivers. Hope he figures this out, but if he does'nt, hey its his loss.

:beatmullet::zapbama: 

Archived