David Oku update

AUSportTalk

Oku is still undecided.....he said that he is still down to the three schools (Tennessee, Auburn, and Syracuse). He also said that Nebraska was showing alot of interests lately but doesn't know whether he will consider them or not.

If David wants to play in the NFL someday, he needs to sign with Auburn. All has to do is checkout how many players we've sent to the pros.

If David wants to play in the NFL someday, he needs to sign with Auburn. All has to do is checkout how many players we've sent to the pros.

I'll second that. Auburn is the best way and has the best history when it comes to an NFL career, I hope Oku knows that...

No kidding!  If we get Oku, the more the merrier.  But, c'mon on guys, McCalebb, Aycock, and Jacobs....these are the players to watch and to be more than satisfied with having in our program!!!! :thumbsup:

Im gonna tell you all a secret, i this years class I believe the best player will be Aycock hands down! I have watched videos and talked to several people that know him personally, he is gonna be one to watch!!

I am not disappointed in the least with the RB's we have already signed. If Oku comes that will be icing on the cake.

That is great to hear about Aycock.  I have heard great stuff about him.  I just don't understand how such great talent flies under the radar sometimes.  I know he was a 4 star, but you didn't hear much about him before made his visit.  I am guessing it has something to do with him being recruited as a QB by many teams.

Mike Farrell On Oku

Feb.11, 2009 in Auburn Football Leave a Comment

One of Rivals’ top writers, Mike Farrell, listed the top remaining unsigned talent for the 2009 class and where it looks like they will end up. Farrell says that David Oku is most likely down to Tennessee and Auburn with Syracuse and Nebraska as longshots. Farrell seems to think Tennessee is the team to beat but this prediction seems to lean towards the fact that Oku was previously committed to Tennessee. In my opinion, Auburn is the team to beat. If Oku wanted to go to Tennessee, I don’t think he would decommit so close to signing day. Time will tell. I’d expect a decision by mid to late next week.

I would love to have Oku because you cant have to many playmakers in this offense! But if he doesnt come here then i dont think it will be the end of the world! We have a ton of great RBs from the guys returning to the new recruits. I dont believe that anyone will call us thin at RB 

I'd love to add Oku to an already good group of RB's that we have coming back plus the 09 signees coming in. But like you said, we'll be just fine with the signees we have even if Oku signs else where.

Archived