Starting QB

auburn4ever

Keep in mind that Malzahn has specifically stated that his offense requires a mobile quarterback and Todd is basically a right handed version of Brandon Cox.  I really think that will be the deciding factor with Chris Todd is his inability to move about over Kodi Burns and Tyrik Rollison.

Actually, Malzahn said that the QB did not have to be very fast, just smart.  His QB last year was perfect for his system and ran about a 5 flat 40.  All of our QBs are plenty fast enough to run his offense.

I don't know why but, I have this feeling that if Tyrik can get his grades in order, I think coach Malzahn could name him as our starter.

I don't know if he's going to be polished enough by the start of the season.  If he does get it, I look for the offense to struggle for a while

This could be Barrett's best chance of becoming our starter if Tyrik doesn't get it. Then there's Neil and Kodi. I look for Clint to red-shirt and Chris to come in when the game is out of reach.

What's the deal with Neil Caudle? He has never been given much of a chance. He was highly recruited coming out of high school. I think he had a knee injury is that why?

Malzahn seemed to have a pretty high opinion of Caudle. It wouldn't suprise me if he didn't show out this spring. That would really make the qb race interesting.

Maybe 09 will be the year Neil breaks from the pack and steps up and becomes the guy who takes charge. We'll soon know what he can do when given the chance.

If Kodi cant get a handle on the starting job I would love for Caudle to get a shot. He is really a good kid who has faced a lot of adversity for a young man. Plus he grew up an Auburn fan so that helps! :thumbsup:

:believe:

Archived