Starting QB

auburn4ever

This should be very fun to watch. I belive that the coaches will probably give all the QBs a fair shot; however, if I had to guess, I would say Kodi. We've got some good QBs coming in and it could be close. I'm glad I'm not the one that has to decide though. I guess that's why the coaches make the big bucks.  :)

I would have to say Kodi, just because he is the only one with experience.  Although Chris does, he just didn't show enough last year unless things have really changed since the surgery.  I hope it is a tight competition that keeps the starter pushing.

I'm Just Glad They are starting out with a clean slate.This way the player that earns it on the field is our starter.I am also glad Malzahn does not believe in a two quarterback system.The compe :believe:tition will be good for all of them.

:believe:    :wedance:    :tdau:  :tdau: 

I read in todays paper that coach Malzahn said he's not giving Kodi a free pass. He went on to say that the QB door is wide open. It wouldn't surprise me any if he started a true freshman.

I will quickly be bombed about the season if Chris Todd's name is even mentioned for starting QB.  This kid has no leadership skills and definitely no arm to play in the SEC.  B/T Kodi, Caudle, and Trotter.  I would not be surprised if trotter wins out the competition.  War Eagle.  See you guys @ A-Day.

I think I'll let the coaches decide if he has an arm and leadership skills.  He just got his arm fixed and exactly how can you say he has no leadership skills?  You definitely cannot make any assumptions about anyone after what went on last season.  If Gus chooses him as our starter then there is a big reason for that.  The man knows what he's doing and I, for one, will trust him.

It was obvious Chris Todd was not healthy last year and we still won some games with him. If he is healthy and got the skills then I have no problem with him. But like ya'll said, I'll trust the coaches decision.  :cool:

In your honest opinion, do you feel we can win with Chris Todd over the others? Was the problem Chris Todd or the "lack" of coaching from Franklin and Tuberville?

Unless James Andrews performed some type of miracle, we have no shot at winning in the SEC, or any big time college game with Chris Todd under center.

WarAuEagle I agree he will have earned it I fell that Tony Franklin was a bit biased towards Todd because he ran his offfense in highschool or whatever...

cmd1991, I agree. I think Franklin was biased toward Todd too. That's why I think the current coaches are doing the right thing by opening up the competition and making them earn it. The bottom line is we did not see a healthy Chris Todd last year. 

Keep in mind that Malzahn has specifically stated that his offense requires a mobile quarterback and Todd is basically a right handed version of Brandon Cox.  I really think that will be the deciding factor with Chris Todd is his inability to move about over Kodi Burns and Tyrik Rollison.

I find it hard to see how Kodi doesn't emerge, with the coaching he will receive this spring.  I could be wrong, but he has so much game experience.  A little coaching can go a long way  :wedance:

I really do hope that Kodi Burns comes out swinging and proves himself next season because he sure does have outstanding athletic abilities. I think that all he needs is some good coaching.

Hard to say what help Kodi should get from Gus because on one hand you would like him to improve his footwork while in the pocket but on the other hand some of his best plays last year was while he scrambling and dumping it off to receivers. He has a cannon of a arm but his throwing mechanics are suspect at best. It will be interesting to see how he handles the spring and I have faith that if he can be coached up that coach Malzahn will bring out the best in him.

:wedance::we::believe:

Archived