Oku to UT

ausbest14

I've been trying to say this all along.......... I had a gut feeling this would happen. OH WELL....... we'll be alright without him. There are plenty of good backs in the 2010 class, and the last time I looked, we weren't hurting in the depth department at RB. :we:

IMO, if we hadn't got Aycock or Waashington this would've hurt, but Im with WDE01 we're fine. I'd loved to have him but we're good. Good luck Oku.

Yes Mr Oku you;ll be excited to be a Vol until you meet Mr Coleman and Da Bull...

LOL, if he makes the field this year...Years after, yes, Eltoro, et. al., will be happy to greet him, if UT gets to Atlanta!!!

I'm just glad it's all over now! I've heard that kid's name more than I've ever heard about the great players we already have. I think that all that publicity may have gotten to that kid's head, and he may not have been a good fit here at Auburn.

I'm just glad it's all over now! I've heard that kid's name more than I've ever heard about the great players we already have. I think that all that publicity may have gotten to that kid's head, and he may not have been a good fit here at Auburn.

Agree!!  Not knocking him at all, but, something told me a while back, our class is complete, and we will be very grateful for it!

I'm also glad its over now we can concentrate on the talented running backs that are already here and the ones we have coming in from this '09 class. It's GREAT to be an AUBURN TIGER!!!!!!!! :aufb:

I know one thing, he has very high expectations to live up to. After taking this long and his name being in the news this long everyone is going to be watching him.

No sour grapes but I really believe that something happened when he came to Auburn this past weekend.  It is just really strange how he came on his own $ and visited only us and then left real quick with no story from anyone in the media as to how the trip went.  Some say our coaches were leary of the "mentor" that he brought with him and others are saying it may have something to do with academics and how he transferred to that school in Nebraska out of nowhere to help his grades out.  I am hearing that he may not qualify now, also.  Who really knows?  He may have just decided to go to UT over us and a lot of others as originally planned.  I definitely don't want to sound like one of the turds, acting as if someone doesn't sign with them it is because they didn't want him.  Those arrogant pricks... but I digress.  I am just relieved that it is over.  We have some real talent regardless and may just have someone (Aycock, McCalebb, maybe) just as good.  Hey, look at it this way.  Atleast he went to a team that hates the bammers almost as much as we do.

No sour grapes but I really believe that something happened when he came to Auburn this past weekend.  It is just really strange how he came on his own $ and visited only us and then left real quick with no story from anyone in the media as to how the trip went.  Some say our coaches were leary of the "mentor" that he brought with him and others are saying it may have something to do with academics and how he transferred to that school in Nebraska out of nowhere to help his grades out.  I am hearing that he may not qualify now, also.  Who really knows?  He may have just decided to go to UT as originally planned.  I definitely don't want to sound like one of the turds, acting as if someone doesn't sign with them it is because they didn't want him.  Those arrogant pricks... but I digress.  I am just relieved that it is over.  We have some real talent regardless and may just have someone (Aycock, McCalebb, maybe) just as good.  Hey, look at it this way.  Atleast he went to a team that hates the bammers almost as much as we do.

I agree 100% something happened last weekend.

No sour grapes but I really believe that something happened when he came to Auburn this past weekend.  It is just really strange how he came on his own $ and visited only us and then left real quick with no story from anyone in the media as to how the trip went.  Some say our coaches were leary of the "mentor" that he brought with him and others are saying it may have something to do with academics and how he transferred to that school in Nebraska out of nowhere to help his grades out.  I am hearing that he may not qualify now, also.  Who really knows?  He may have just decided to go to UT as originally planned.  I definitely don't want to sound like one of the turds, acting as if someone doesn't sign with them it is because they didn't want him.  Those arrogant pricks... but I digress.  I am just relieved that it is over.  We have some real talent regardless and may just have someone (Aycock, McCalebb, maybe) just as good.  Hey, look at it this way.  Atleast he went to a team that hates the bammers almost as much as we do.

I agree 100% something happened last weekend.

Maybe it was Tennessee's new recruiting tactic RunningBackU was talking about on the other board!  :laugh:

hahaa! they talked about that on "Inside the Auburn Tigers" the other day...I actually think it was a pretty good idea considering who they were trying to impress...as for Oku, oh well...we already have great players so I wouldnt worry about it

lol does anyone think it could have had something to do with the weather?  Friday it was ridiculously rainy and tornado warnings and things all over.  Saturday was beautiful and Sunday was flipping snowing.  Just something to think about.

Archived