April 2nd Recruiting Update

AUSportTalk

**RB/ATH Corey Grant was at practice yesterday with Opelika High School Head Coach Brian Blackmon. He said that he really enjoyed the visit. He loved how the coaches were more involved especially Coach Luper. He also met with Coach Chizik and was very impressed. Grant said that there are no leaders right now, his recruitment is wide-open. He has offers from Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Stanford, and Vanderbilt.

**TE Travis Dickson made a visit earlier this week during practice. He is the younger brother of LSU starting TE Richard Dickson. He sat in on an offensive team meeting and the tight end meeting. He said that he really enjoyed his visit and enjoyed talking to Coach Chizik. He was really impressed with the offense and liked that it was very fast paced. He said that Auburn definitely has a good shot. He has offers from Auburn, Duke, LSU, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida State, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Missouri, and Southern Miss

**Auburn lone commit for 2010 Cody Parkey paid a visit to the Plains earlier this week. He said he really enjoyed his visit and enjoyed talking to Coach Boulware. He also said that Coach Boulware talked to several kicking coaches that have worked with him throughout the country and said they had nothing but great things to say about me. He talked to several coaches including Coach Chizik and said that he loved them. "They are so nice", Parkey said. "I have been to a bunch of schools but have never seen so much class in a coaching staff."

**WR Jeremy Nicholson also paid a visit to Auburn earlier this week. He came to Auburn with 2009 signee Jamar Travis. He said he really enjoyed talking to Coach Taylor and the other coaches. He really liked what the receivers were doing in the new offense. He has offers from Southern Miss, Troy, Memphis, and UAB. He is also being recruited by Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss, Oregon, and Miami.

Thanks for the updates SportTalk. I know that Nick Perry had also visited practice last week. Unfortunately,..... he committed to the Tahd yesterday!!!!

We can always use a good kicker. Speaking of TE's, are we going to offer Davis Dudchock or could he walk on and earn a scholarship later on?

He's been offered. He has offers from several big time programs. No chance of having to walk-on for that kid.

While I would love to see C. Grant in orange and blue it just aint gonna happen..... Sadly Grants dad is a huge bama fan and so is B. Blackmon... not saying that Blackmon will sway the kid but its hard to see him at auburn. Shame too as this kid is crazy fast. Also it hurts me as I am an OHS grad. Loved seeing those O-town boys on the team. I really wish Grant the best in what ever decision he makes but I will be sad to see him at bammer....

Archived