AU vs. Troy: Plainsman

4-2, AU, Bot. 2nd...AU has three singles in the inning including Hargett's RBI single.  AU has 6 hits; Troy has 2 hits.  Troy is switching pitchers. 

14-4, Top 6th...Jones, Grand Slam - his 9th HR of the year.  Mummey is 3 for 4 and a double shy of the cycle.  AU has 14 hits; Troy has 8 hits...Thompson struck out 2 in the 5th inning and has 5 on the evening.

Nice hitting tonight.....hopefully this strong hitting will carry over into the weekend and we can magically find some pitching!!

Wow!  We are leading the nation and doing it in the SEC!  That is great.  We just have to get better at situational hitting.  Play some ABC baseball, guys, when neccesary.  Very impressive performance against Troy, though.  Let's keep it up tonight.  We should get their best shot down in Troy since we humiliated them last night.  We need to build on this for the weekend.  BTW, how about Ben Jones with 9 RBIs, which I believe I heard is a school record.  War Eagle!

Certainly agree about the situational hitting, the ABC, and keeping the hitting going, but I'm sure we saw less-than- stellar pitching last night.  As for the HRs, 60 of them have come out of conference, and we trail Bama by 4 in conference-only homers.  We are hitting 1.76 homers per game in SEC contests, and tied for 2nd in the nation with New Mexico State at 2.16 homers per game overall.  Almost a third of our homers have come in 6 games as we have hit 5 HRs 6 times.  We clearly don't hit good pitching well as we are 11th in batting avg., OBP, and runs scored in league play; we are 10th in hits and RBI in league play.  That is part of the reason for getting swept and sporting an 8-13 SEC record: our pitching was relatively decent this past weekend, but our ability to get the timely hit suffered as has been mentioned.  As for the single-game, RBI record, Jones' outing was the best since Bob Berry who had 10 for AU in '82 against Huntingdon.

Archived