OL recruits without Auburn offers, and some others

HVAU

I was checking on some rated, yet under-the-radar OL's Auburn has shown interest in.  Here is what I found.

Recruits we have yet to offer:

Tristan Hardin

OL 3 star  6-5 305 4.9                    Birmingham, AL

Alex Hill

OL   3 star 6-4 305 5.1           Slidell, LA

Aleon Calhoun

OL   3 star  6-7 315                                Navasota, TX

Dalvin Glass

OL   3 star 6-3 315 Dallas, TX

Cameron Clemmons

OL   3 star  6-7 260 Lebanon, TN

Zak Tait

OL   3 star 6-3 319 Knoxville, TN

Some that we did not offer and have committed to non-SEC caliber teams:

Quinterrius Eatmon

OL 3 star  6-6 320                           Prichard, AL

David Fowler

OL 3 star  6-4 290 5.3 Daphne, AL

I am interested in any info out there.

Okay, why not? I got nothing better to do, right? First of all, let me preface this by saying that Auburn could have had any of these guys if they REALLY wanted them. :cool:

Hardin - Best of the bunch, probably. We're not out of it yet for him. He's just not tops on our list. We're waiting on Gayden and/or Mack, both of whom would be MUCH better. If we miss on both, expect Hardin to possibly be at AU!

Hill - We aren't recruiting a center this year. Period.

Calhoun - Probably one of those "diamond-in-the-rough" type guys, but we've already got one of those, who is the same size and a better project IMO... Chad Slade! ;)

Glass - Doesn't really fit our offense, as he plays in a "run every play" offense, and says that's what he wants to play in college. Turds we on him early but backed off. Strangely, he recently said that his two favorites K-State and Tenn have both quit contacting him, so you decide... :dunno:

Clemmons - This big 'ole hillbilly is from my girlfriend's grandmaw's hometown! Saw him in person, when I found out that we were looking at him early on. Trust me, he wouldn't make it on the Plains or anywhere else in the SEC for that matter! ;)

Tait - Had TONS of early interest from several of the big boys in the SEC, but BOOM blew out his knee and thus his hopes of playing in the SEC went up in smoke! :(  Such is the world of cut-throat recruiting! If he can stay healthy, he may make a decent player for whoever takes the risk on him.

Eatmon - I thought all along that this guy was after one thing... PLAYING TIME! And I guess I was right, cause he signed with the recently accused player-choker, Jim Levitt and USF. Good luck to ya, Big Q! ::)

Fowler - Too small for SEC play! Great student though! Wanted to sign with Duke, but went with So. Miss instead!

Hope this helps and now that it's almost 5:00 I'm ready to head home! Damn, I love my job! :thumbsup:

:we:

Great info.  I hope all of our big recruits on the OL pan out, and I hope if they don't we don't miss out on filling some spots.

Eatmon - I thought all along that this guy was after one thing... PLAYING TIME! And I guess I was right, cause he signed with the recently accused player-choker, Jim Levitt and USF. Good luck to ya, Big Q! :

Not so fast my friend. The coaches had interest in Eatmon early. But they wanted to see him play with more fire and nastiness, really drive people during his Sr year. Then he had a minor heat problem during the season. That scared off most teams. USF is the best school that has offered him, and he jumped at the chance. I think he made a great choice. USF is a good school.

Could someopne please explain why AU would not take a good OC this year?

My guess (no inside info here) is either they have someone  on the roster now they feel good about (Blake Burgess maybe??) or they will move one of the incomming guys to center (Dakota Mosely would be my guess).

Could someopne please explain why AU would not take a good OC this year?

Because we have about 4 lineman on the team that could be Centers in 2011

Eatmon - I thought all along that this guy was after one thing... PLAYING TIME! And I guess I was right, cause he signed with the recently accused player-choker, Jim Levitt and USF. Good luck to ya, Big Q! :

Not so fast my friend. The coaches had interest in Eatmon early. But they wanted to see him play with more fire and nastiness, really drive people during his Sr year. Then he had a minor heat problem during the season. That scared off most teams. USF is the best school that has offered him, and he jumped at the chance. I think he made a great choice. USF is a good school.

Okay, so I forgot to mention his heart condition. Damn, you're picky! :P Plus, you proved my point for me... he wanted PT and we couldn't promise that to a mediocre, below SEC average, OL... so he "jumped at the chance" at a place that could! And did I say anything about the school?  :dunno: I'm fully aware of how good of a school USF is. It's the 9th largest in the nation and the Princeton Review ranked it among the "366 Best Colleges" in the US. It's also one of the nation's top centers for the advancement in research of treatments for Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and Huntington's diseases.  :tease: (Yes, I copied that from Wikipedia!) Also, given the fact that Jim Leavitt is being investigated for "abusing" his players right now, I don't know whether that was such a "great choice" or not!? Finally, until we can play them again and get revenge for that BULLSH*T OT loss in '07, I will continue to HATE USF, and I will have to disagree with you! He was also offered by Miss. St. He could've gone there or waited it out and gotten a better offer IMO.

I do like this quote I found from him though, "My favorite thing about football is I get to hit people and not get in trouble. I can hit 'em as hard as I want, and I can't go to jail for it." sport-smiley-5520.gif

Okay, so I forgot to mention his heart condition. Damn, you're picky! :P Plus, you proved my point for me... he wanted PT and we couldn't promise that to a mediocre, below SEC average, OL... so he "jumped at the chance" at a place that could! And did I say anything about the school?  :dunno: I'm fully aware of how good of a school USF is. It's the 9th largest in the nation and the Princeton Review ranked it among the "366 Best Colleges" in the US. It's also one of the nation's top centers for the advancement in research of treatments for Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and Huntington's diseases.  :tease: (Yes, I copied that from Wikipedia!) Also, given the fact that Jim Leavitt is being investigated for "abusing" his players right now, I don't know whether that was such a "great choice" or not!? Finally, until we can play them again and get revenge for that BULLSH*T OT loss in '07, I will continue to HATE USF, and I will have to disagree with you! He was also offered by Miss. St. He could've gone there or waited it out and gotten a better offer IMO.

I do like this quote I found from him though, "My favorite thing about football is I get to hit people and not get in trouble. I can hit 'em as hard as I want, and I can't go to jail for it." sport-smiley-5520.gif

The only problem is they keep forgeting what they're good at.

Archived