I am changing my view on Lebo agter tonight's game...

Droxside

I have been one of the people who wanted to let Lebo get into the new arena and see what happens, but after tonight I think we need to go in another direction and let a new man build this from the ground up. I watched tonight's game from start to finish and and two things stand out to me. The first is the fact that Auburn is going backwards, not forward. The second is an observation concerning tonight's game that clinched it for me personally. In the first half when the team was competing, the refs called the game very pro Tennessee, it was obvious to the point that the announcers mentioned several times missed calls and they only called 6 fouls on the vols. The fact that Lebo never stood up for the team by getting a technical is inexcusable. It is hard enough to beat a team on the road, but impossible with the refs calling the game as they did (especially the first half) and Lebo did not make a peep so they had no reason to change the way they were calling it. We need a coach with presence that will stand up for the team when need be so they know someone has their back when in hostile territory.  Until tonight I have been for giving Lebo the chance to open the new arena, but after tonight I am officially on the other side of the fence...   

I was hoping Lebo would turn things around. However, after tonight I don't think so. I hope JJ will go after Mike Anderson if things don't change by end of the season.  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Lebo was showing red-faced emotion during that pro-UT stretch, but he probably should have taken it to another level as you say.  He left first-half timeouts out there, as usual, while UT was mounting their comeback.  Reed is a senior, but is not a good distributor of the ball nor a leader.  Sullivan should probably be running the point.  I believe the Sam Houston State game may have been the beginning of the end, or the last straw, for Jeff, if, indeed, it had not already begun.  I believe Jeff must know this in his heart, even if nothing has been said directly to him.  That said, there are those whom are convinced he has, at least, one year in the new arena.  Others, however, are equally convinced that he'll not make it there with this level of play.  I know Jacobs will be wise in handling this.  We would owe him 1.5 mil., if we fired him today.

I believe the ship may have sailed as far as Mike Anderson is concerned.  But if our AD is willing to fork up the money ( and that's a mighty big IF) we can get a first-rate coach to go along with a brand new arena and have a BB program Auburn fans can be proud of.

I sure hope so. That was a pathetic performance against UT. I don't know if I can watch anymore. Have ya'll seen the schedule? We are going to start out 0-5 in the SEC. :pcprobs:

I sure hope so. That was a pathetic performance against UT. I don't know if I can watch anymore. Have ya'll seen the schedule? We are going to start out 0-5 in the SEC. :pcprobs:

what makes you think we'll win a game in the SEC?

We have to get lucky at some point don't we?

That would be at the end of the season if they fire Lebo.  That would be luck.  I don't think the AD cares that much about the BB program, so you will probably see Lebo back again next year.

No way will they bring in a top notch, or even really good coach.  When Lebo goes, they will hire another assistant coach from a basketball school to come here and just run a program the Athletic office could not care less about.

I don't trust Jacobs to get us a good coach to go with the new arena.

:banghead:

ya I know I think thats a team we can beat tho

there's one team we can beat in the SEC right now and thats Bama. Just b/c we've had their number for the past 4 years in basketball.

i take that back.. there's no team that we can beat.

Archived