Plainsman calls for Lebo's ouster

wrdmegle

Lebo will be gone after this season. I'm convinced of that. I just want to caution everyone. Do not expect us to go out and hire a big name coach. No big name coach from another conference similar to the SEC is going to come to Auburn. Forget Mike Anderson. We had a chance to get him and didn't. It's most likely to be either someone else's assistant or a head coach from a lesser conference.

I can not believe they would spend $92.5 million on a new areana and then hire a high school coach. I refuse to believe MORONS are running Auburn University.

Lebo will be gone after this season. I'm convinced of that. I just want to caution everyone. Do not expect us to go out and hire a big name coach. No big name coach from another conference similar to the SEC is going to come to Auburn. Forget Mike Anderson. We had a chance to get him and didn't. It's most likely to be either someone else's assistant or a head coach from a lesser conference.

I can not believe they would spend $92.5 million on a new areana and then hire a high school coach. I refuse to believe MORONS are running Auburn University.

I agree, although I have no illusions that we would bring in an elite level coach (i.e. Calipari, Pitino, etc.), I think we could still get a very willing and able HC with some name recognition that would bring excitement and a new level of talent to AU. One thing is for certain- Lebo cannot get it done, at least at AU.

We should be able to land someone like Mike Anderson or Drew Scott with this new arena. We should not settle for less because "Auburn aint no basketball school" bull crap. Bring someone in that can coach, recruit and win then the fans will come.

I refuse to believe the old excuse AU can never be good at BB because we are a football school.  The only part of that statement that would hold true, is if that is how the Athletic Dept. feels and just does not care about BB.  The clearest case of a "football school" coming up big in BB is UF.  There is no reason why we can not do the same thing.

I will watch with interest once this horrible season is over.  If Jacobs does nothing to improve out BB coaching, then he is essentially spitting in the face of every AU BB fan, which I consider myself even with the 6 years of hell that Lebo has given us.

:dunno:

Tungsten.....If JJ screws this up, his @_ _ needs to be fired. Tungsten is a Tiger and a Bo Sox fan. Now thats darn good people.

highfive.gif

I have all the confidence in Jay Jacobs to make the best decision for AU.  He didn't hire the current basketball coach or the last baseball coach.  What he has done, is hire a fantastic football coach (and person for that matter), which most people thought was a terrible decision, and he hired a new baseball coach after the baseball program was taking a dive.  He is also responsible for building the new arena, which can only help our basketball program. I, for one, am ashamed of Beard-Eaves. When you compare it to all other college basketball arenas it's absolutely terrible (feels like a dungeon).  Beyond that, Jay Jacobs has done nothing but improve Auburn Athletics since he has been the AD.  I don't understand why there is such a hate for the guy. I believe Jay Jacobs already has the intention to replace Lebo, but he will do it so that it causes the least amount of embarrasement for the University (which is at the end of the season).

What are the odds if Jay Jacobs firing Jeff Lebo at years end? does Jacobs have what it takes to fire Lebo and bring in a proven coach? we've seen that Jay doesn't have a good track record for bringing in top coaches.

What are the odds if Jay Jacobs firing Jeff Lebo at years end? does Jacobs have what it takes to fire Lebo and bring in a proven coach? we've seen that Jay doesn't have a good track record for bringing in top coaches.

What record is that? Just curious.

the answer

I have all the confidence in Jay Jacobs to make the best decision for AU.  He didn't hire the current basketball coach or the last baseball coach.  What he has done, is hire a fantastic football coach (and person for that matter), which most people thought was a terrible decision, and he hired a new baseball coach after the baseball program was taking a dive.  He is also responsible for building the new arena, which can only help our basketball program. I, for one, am ashamed of Beard-Eaves. When you compare it to all other college basketball arenas it's absolutely terrible (feels like a dungeon).  Beyond that, Jay Jacobs has done nothing but improve Auburn Athletics since he has been the AD.  I don't understand why there is such a hate for the guy. I believe Jay Jacobs already has the intention to replace Lebo, but he will do it so that it causes the least amount of embarrasement for the University (which is at the end of the season).

Ithink JJ will get someone good and if they're not a calipari or pitino hold on to your heckles until after you've seen him coach at AU

I know I made a lot of enemies with my post on this topic, but I am really just tired of all the excuses for Lebo.  Sorry if I offended anyone by posting that, but its tough for me to think that Lebo's only problem is that he's running too clean a program. 

the answer

Ithink JJ will get someone good and if they're not a calipari or pitino hold on to your heckles until after you've seen him coach at AU

I agree...I think the Chizik hiring made a lot of people look foolish for assuming.

:wedance:

I am one of the biggest Auburn fans there is. If Auburn wants to fill the stands, the program has to at least be competitive. Going to an Auburn basketball game right now is like going over to your best friends house to see them come to harm. Alabama is a football state. Fans are not going to come to Auburn to see other universities great teams. If we fans are going to come, it is to see Auburn do well. I can't even watch an entire game that we win right now. It is so frustrating to see poorly played basketball at Auburn. I can see where we might have inferior talent some times. Even then we should be playing fundamentally sound basketball. Where is our low post offense? We might be over manned under the board, but we still have got to try. This pathetic form of basketball has frustrated me to no end.

The best available man for the job is former NBA Coach of the Year Sam Mitchell

He also demands LOT of cash.

Not only that but our swimming teams are at world-class team. We're the team to beat. Good post  :wedance:

Cliff Ellis???? Really???  Program was so out of sorts... Very few went to class... Lots of behind closed door dealings....and our recruiting is still hampered by their(Ellis') dealings with that AAU coach.  I am not taking up for Lebo, because this team and several of his other teams have frustrated me to no end!  I enjoyed last years tema tough defense and guys working their tails off.  But every missed free throw or wild errant pass is like pouring acid on an open wound.  There definitely needs to be some kind of change.  I remember running a more complicated half court offense in Junior HIGH!

Archived