Driskel early enrollment?

TillmanReverse

if he commits to us AND enrolls early, he can earn very valuable learning experience in the offense, because we all know Gus Malzahn's playbook must be the size of an unbridged dictionary.

thatd be great to get him commit and enroll early i do hope he improves his passing ability tho

True but his team was 2-8.  Wonder how many dropped balls his WRs had?

thatd be great to get him commit and enroll early i do hope he improves his passing ability tho

true i just dont want another burns  dont get me wrong i think he'll be a great tiger  :we:

I was wondering when I read his stats, too.  This staff (especially CGM) really thinks highly of Driskel.  He really showed out at camp according to previous articles.  It just appears that he doesn't have a lot of talent surrounding him.  From previous articles (on this and other sites), it seems Driskel is a stud and would fit this O really well.  Having him enroll early would be key.  He would have two spring practices along with an entire RS year to learn the O and develop physically.  If TR turns out, then we have 2 years with Newton, 2 with TR/CM, and 3 with Driskel (assuming these are the guys that win the starting spots).  We would be stacked at QB and have a lot of talent staggered at different years.  I love not having to put all of our eggs in one basket!

I was wondering when I read his stats, too.  This staff (especially CGM) really thinks highly of Driskel.  He really showed out at camp according to previous articles.  It just appears that he doesn't have a lot of talent surrounding him.  From previous articles (on this and other sites), it seems Driskel is a stud and would fit this O really well.  Having him enroll early would be key.  He would have two spring practices along with an entire RS year to learn the O and develop physically.  If TR turns out, then we have 2 years with Newton, 2 with TR/CM, and 3 with Driskel (assuming these are the guys that win the starting spots).  We would be stacked at QB and have a lot of talent staggered at different years.  I love not having to put all of our eggs in one basket!

dont forget my man Barrett Trotter hes going to be good

Yeah I have heard good things about Trotter also.  I hope he can stay healthy this year (man he had some bad luck there for a while!)!  The QB race this spring will be interesting to watch!  Can anyone remember another year where we had so much talent at QB?  If we keep this up we will be QBU and RBU! 

well im sure goodwin, reed, richardson, Benton, and  Blake got his back on this one.

Isn't he at a new school.  Probably don't have the best coaches either.  JMHO.

Driskel goes to Oviedo Hagerty.  It is a relatively new school as opposed to Oviedo high School which as been around a long time and is established.  He truly is a star on a team (like most new schools) that is struggling to get started and find an identity.  I'm from the next town over and have followed this guy for a few years.  It would be a huge pickup for us.

Taking nothing from Driskell but look up Frazier on youtube.If we miss out on him and he goes to Arky we'll pay for it for 3yrs.

The early rankings I've seen have Driskel rated higher than Frazier.

Driskel was the best QB prospect at the Army JR combine.  He also ripped it up at the Under Armor combine.

it depends which one will fit better into Malzahn's system, i think that is who they will push for

They both fit it very very well.  Both are big athletic passers.

Driskel's combine-circuit showing should earn him a higher ranking IMO.  Hard to compare highlight reels considering that Frazier plays on a powerhouse team whereas Driskel's team is garbage.

well if he wants to play two sports i thin auburn should be able to get him, dont we have a few that play both, 2009 recruit anthony gulley plays both dont he?

Archived