Official AU vs. UF Thread

fourthvision

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another pathetic coaching effort. Has anyone ever seen a worse team than Auburn out of a timeout?? If that doesnt tell you Lebo is a terrible coach than maybe every other area we are a massive failure in will.  What a joke.  How about taking a timeout when Florida started to build a lead on us at the 13 minute mark?? Instead Lebo gives his "I'm so mad and that wasnt supposed to happen" look and the game continues to get out of reach.  Oh yeah and Knox is freaking terrible. That guy doesnt bring anything to the table that outweighs the turnovers, fouls, and terrible free throw shooting that makes up his "game".  Reed was good for his late game choke jobs as usual but this time we got to watch him do it multiple times in important possessions in the last few minutes.  Reed could be a much better player if he had a real coach that held him accountable.  

How about that last possession of the first half?? that was a real doosie.  We get the ball coming out of a timeout that Lebo called with a full shot clock and a 3 second differential between the game clock and Reed holds the ball for too long before starting the "play" and they proceed to do nothing with it and get a shot clock violation without even getting the ball in the air.  Heck, the ball never left the area between half court and the top of the key.  Its those kind of possessions that prove without a shadow of a doubt that LEBO IS A TERRIBLE COACH and all those added up thru the game are the difference in winning and losing.  how would those 2 or 3 points changed the strategy at the end of the game when we were down 4?  Auburn wouldve been down 1 or 2 points.  Of course that could be said about every possesion and missed free throw but there is a difference because a decent coach at the end of the 1st half wouldve at least gotten his team to get a freaking shot off.  

Well I didn't get to see the second half, judging by these comments I guess I can count my self lucky.....was it that bad..? :dunno:

Yes. Probably worse than usual if that says anything. I really don't know I waste the time on these guys! I am sure I will continue though. :banghead:

Turnovers and fouls killed us tonight. The not so hot shooting from the outside hurt as well. Maybe Jeff should turn to the bench and run some more sets for the young guys. Earnest Ross and Ty Armstrong certainly looked like they could help out. It's been a tough 3 game road stretch for sure. Maybe these 5 Seniors and core of underclassmen can become tempered by the fire in time for the SEC tourney. I know most think its laughable but one thing that isn't is the effort these guys have put forth. They have been in every league game and led most of them (several by big margins). They've got 2 weeks to figure it out. I know all of this is crazy talk on my part but the last 2 champs played 4 in 4. Just sayin'.

Well I didn't get to see the second half, judging by these comments I guess I can count my self lucky.....was it that bad..? :dunno:

Yes. Probably worse than usual if that says anything. I really don't know I waste the time on these guys! I am sure I will continue though. :banghead:

Ouch...that sounds worse than usual...

I have trouble watching Auburn Bball, and even when we win it can leave allot to be desired, but I'll always support our players and watch the games if I can. Saying that, Jeff needs the boot, a new start for the new arena.

Another pathetic coaching effort. Has anyone ever seen a worse team than Auburn out of a timeout?? If that doesnt tell you Lebo is a terrible coach than maybe every other area we are a massive failure in will.  What a joke.  How about taking a timeout when Florida started to build a lead on us at the 13 minute mark?? Instead Lebo gives his "I'm so mad and that wasnt supposed to happen" look and the game continues to get out of reach.  Oh yeah and Knox is freaking terrible. That guy doesnt bring anything to the table that outweighs the turnovers, fouls, and terrible free throw shooting that makes up his "game".  Reed was good for his late game choke jobs as usual but this time we got to watch him do it multiple times in important possessions in the last few minutes.  Reed could be a much better player if he had a real coach that held him accountable.  

How about that last possession of the first half?? that was a real doosie.  We get the ball coming out of a timeout that Lebo called with a full shot clock and a 3 second differential between the game clock and Reed holds the ball for too long before starting the "play" and they proceed to do nothing with it and get a shot clock violation without even getting the ball in the air.  Heck, the ball never left the area between half court and the top of the key.  Its those kind of possessions that prove without a shadow of a doubt that LEBO IS A TERRIBLE COACH and all those added up through the game are the difference in winning and losing.  how would those 2 or 3 points changed the strategy at the end of the game when we were down 4?  Auburn would've been down 1 or 2 points.  Of course that could be said about every possession and missed free throw but there is a difference because a decent coach at the end of the 1st half would've at least gotten his team to get a freaking shot off.  

I couldn't agree more with your observations. 

All I can say is...It's not his fault he can not coach..He's a nice guy and he runs a clean program.

:banghead:

That was the most undisciplined defense I think I have ever seen in one single game...

All our players did was take one step, get faked out of their shoes, then reach out and foul (PATHETIC)

I hope we have a coach that can teach them to play defense by moving their feet; Florida pretty much

beat us last night from the free throw line because of pitiful defense...

Archived