8-8 in SEC still possiabe

brad4au

at ole miss, lsu, miss state, at bammer SEC tourny

dont give up we maybe can make a run

Miss. State will be the key game. That will be the toughest.

As much as I like this team and Lebo, I don't think there is much success.  Last year there was a rough start, but a player by the name of Korvotney Barber averaged a double double in SEC play.  That is what this years team has lacked.  Nothing against Lett, Knox, Hargrove, and the other guys that are in the post this year.  But they aren't Vot.

As much as I like this team and Lebo, I don't think there is much success.  Last year there was a rough start, but a player by the name of Korvotney Barber averaged a double double in SEC play.  That is what this years team has lacked.  Nothing against Lett, Knox, Hargrove, and the other guys that are in the post this year.  But they aren't Vot.

We are also missing Rasheem Barrett tremendously this year.

We are also missing Rasheem Barrett tremendously this year.

I totally agree, we just got so used to Vot being a beast in the post.  It's hard to say what a double double performer would to to this years team in the post.

In Lebo's 6th year, with 4 senior starters, being .500 in conference should be a disappointing season. Having to be .500 in conference to have an overall winning record is even more pathetic. Unless we somehow win the SEC tournament, this season should only be remembered for being Lebo's last and deservedly so. Let's open up in the new arena with a new coach and a new optimism as to what we can achieve in Auburn Arena.

Even if we ending at 8-8, I doubt we would make it past the 2nd round of the SEC. So your looking at either 9-8 or 9-9 at best. Is that a good enough record to Lebo for a 7th year???

Please be realistic, it's annoying to be otherwise

Our SEC schedule started off top-heavy. What don't you understand about that? Don't be ignorant. Ole Miss and Bama will be the toughest, but only because Craphole Coliseum will be sold out and celebrating their Iron Bowl win. We were lucky last year to come away with the win there. We match up well with MSmoo because they make just as many mistakes and go cold a lot. To say we don't have a shot at winning our last 4 is just pure ignorance. Realistic has nothing to do with your view.

Haha ok, I'll come back to this post in a bit and we'll see

I didn't say it WILL happen, I said there's a very realistic chance if we were to somehow get by Ole Miss. You're being negative for no reason. Are you one of the same last year that was trashing/ignoring the program before and even a little after the Tennessee game? I'd be shocked if LSU and MSU aren't wins just like I would have been if we hadn't won Saturday. Just because we lost to Sam Houston State doesn't mean we're them. To say Ole Miss and Bama aren't winnable is foolish, but Ole Miss is the big one and first thing's first.

I didn't say it WILL happen, I said there's a very realistic chance if we were to somehow get by Ole Miss. You're being negative for no reason. Are you one of the same last year that was trashing/ignoring the program before and even a little after the Tennessee game? I'd be shocked if LSU and MSU aren't wins just like I would have been if we hadn't won Saturday. Just because we lost to Sam Houston State doesn't mean we're them. To say Ole Miss and Bama aren't winnable is foolish, but Ole Miss is the big one and first thing's first.

it only took 1 game, I think we will now go 2 for 3 I'm SEC play.

I AM BEING REALISTIC

it only took 1 game, I think we will now go 2 for 3 I'm SEC play.

I AM BEING REALISTIC

Just curious but would you rather be right and Auburn lose or be wrong and Auburn win? Your post have got me curious.

Auburn win of course, I don't worry about being right or wrong, this is all just my opinion!

I watch auburn basketball win or lose, lebo or no lebo, and I just try to look at our chances with no bias.

I wish auburn won but I didn't think they would

I'm all for giving Lebo some more time but has anyone thought about what would happen if we give him 2 years in the new arena and he still puts out a .500 or less season. That would be the end of the "new arena advantage".  You don't get that back with a new coach 2-3 years down the road.

I'm all for giving Lebo some more time but has anyone thought about what would happen if we give him 2 years in the new arena and he still puts out a .500 or less season. That would be the end of the "new arena advantage".  You don't get that back with a new coach 2-3 years down the road.

well put

Auburn win of course, I don't worry about being right or wrong, this is all just my opinion!

I watch auburn basketball win or lose, lebo or no lebo, and I just try to look at our chances with no bias.

Cool man. I wasn't trying to call you out or nothing. It's just that I don't think I've seen a positive post from you about Auburn b-ball yet. Of course the way the season has gone, this is very understandable

Cool man. I wasn't trying to call you out or nothing. It's just that I don't think I've seen a positive post from you about Auburn b-ball yet. Of course the way the season has gone, this is very understandable

Your right, I have been a real debbie downer and i apologize......I'll try to watch what i say, it's just real frustrating to see what has happened this year.  I feel like some people don't care to hold Auburn Basketball to the same standards as our football program, but to be the best you have to aspire to be the best.  I realized Auburn basketball has never been an excellent program consistently but I do think we have potential to be.  I'll try to be more positive.....thanks for calling me out SandMntTiger

Your right, I have been a real debbie downer and i apologize......I'll try to watch what i say, it's just real frustrating to see what has happened this year.  I feel like some people don't care to hold Auburn Basketball to the same standards as our football program, but to be the best you have to aspire to be the best.  I realized Auburn basketball has never been an excellent program consistently but I do think we have potential to be.  I'll try to be more positive.....thanks for calling me out SandMntTiger

Thanks man. It's always easy to pile one a team when there down, yet these guy are suiting up every night (and playing hard) to get a win for Auburn. I'm sure those players and coaches want to win more than any of us and I will cheer them on till the last game is played. But trust me, we share many of the same views. "to be the best you have to aspire to be the best." Never has a phrase been more true. I actually appreciate the passion, whether it be positive or negative. Thats because (like you said), one of the main problems that Auburn has had in the past is fans not caring about the b-ball programs at all.  And your also right because when mediocracy is accepted it, it will become the norm. And right now Auburn is not getting it done. However, I will say the optimist in me is still holding out hope for a strong SEC tournament run. I never claimed to be realistic  :)

Hey, let's just take off the orange and blue glasses and call it like we see it...

1. Auburn has about the worst defense I've (ever) seen on a college basketball court

2. Our top three offensive players are gone after this year, and none of the freshmen appear

to be ready to step up and fill their shoes

3. Even with a pretty good offense this year, we are under .500

4. So (how in the world) are we going to be over .500 next year, or even the year after that???

I think we thank Jeff Lebo for all his efforts; tell him he just was not the man for the job, and start

over with the best coaching candidate we can possibly hire...

Hey, let's just take off the orange and blue glasses and call it like we see it...

1. Auburn has about the worst defense I've (ever) seen on a college basketball court

2. Our top three offensive players are gone after this year, and none of the freshmen appear

to be ready to step up and fill their shoes

3. Even with a pretty good offense this year, we are under .500

4. So (how in the world) are we going to be over .500 next year, or even the year after that???

I think we thank Jeff Lebo for all his efforts; tell him he just was not the man for the job, and start

over with the best coaching candidate we can possibly hire...

DING DING DING! Finally, somebody that understands. Look, more than likely, we are going to be bad again next year (I always hold out hope though b/c I'm an Auburn fan) with or without Lebo. We need to cut him loose and bring in a new guy so he can go ahead and start building his recruiting classes. If for some reason Jay Jacobs brings Lebo back next year and we have this same kind of performance, then we've wasted a year that a new coach could've already been working on in terms of recruiting. But we need to get Lebo OUT ASAP b/c the coaching going on on the basketball court is an embarrassment right now.

Archived