If JJ gives JL a 7th year

auburn4ever

Next season everyone will be saying that Lebo is just about there.  Just about to turn the corner.  He has a strong class coming in this year, forget about all those other years that was said...this one is going to put him over the top.  Lebo just needs one more year in the new arena to get the good players.

etc.

etc.

etc.

Next season everyone will be saying that Lebo is just about there.  Just about to turn the corner.  He has a strong class coming in this year, forget about all those other years that was said...this one is going to put him over the top.  Lebo just needs one more year in the new arena to get the good players.

etc.

etc.

etc.

one more year... hes almost there!

I dont like Jacob for a few reasons. First he has no intensity and no excitement about Auburn atheltics. Second, we're spending 92.5 million dollars on a new arena that will seat 9,600. Thats less than what BEMC seats now and far less than what we should seat. The arena should seat around 14,000. This tells me that Jacobs neither expects Auburn basketball to improve in the future nor does he care. Three, the jury is still out on Chizik. When Jacobs hired Chizik I felt it was an okay hire, not great but not bad. Still I felt that Jacobs could have gotten a better coach. So far I like what Chizik has done and I have been happy and I expect great things out of Chizik in the future, but he has only been at Auburn one year. So it would be premature to rate Chizik has either a good hire or a bad hire. Also the basketball teams and baseball team have all struggled under his tenure for quite sometime. I also feel that Tuberville was not given very much support by the athletic department even in his good years. Just my opinion.

I dont like Jacob for a few reasons. First he has no intensity and no excitement about Auburn atheltics. Second, we're spending 92.5 million dollars on a new arena that will seat 9,600. Thats less than what BEMC seats now and far less than what we should seat. The arena should seat around 14,000. This tells me that Jacobs neither expects Auburn basketball to improve in the future nor does he care. Three, the jury is still out on Chizik. When Jacobs hired Chizik I felt it was an okay hire, not great but not bad. Still I felt that Jacobs could have gotten a better coach. So far I like what Chizik has done and I have been happy and I expect great things out of Chizik in the future, but he has only been at Auburn one year. So it would be premature to rate Chizik has either a good hire or a bad hire. Also the basketball teams and baseball team have all struggled under his tenure for quite sometime. I also feel that Tuberville was not given very much support by the athletic department even in his good years. Just my opinion.

Why, in God's name should AU build an arena that seats 14,000? BEMC went from a capacity of 12k-plus to 10,500 where it has been for a dozen years or so.

And, throughout AU's history, there have been very few hard sell-outs. There are countless very good basketball programs with fewer than 10k seats. Does Duke suffer from an inferiority complex because it's gym seats less than 10k?

We need an arena that is attractive to recruits, students, and thus creates an atmosphere where the general public wants to go be part of AU basketball. It needs to be a gym where we have a home-court advantage not just when we play UK or Bama, but also when we play those games in November and December when the attendance is so poor.

If AU can routinely fill 9600 seats, the program will make money hand over fist. Empty seats kill atmosphere.

WDE!

We will be taking the same thing, but also talking about a new AD.....

:laugh:

What gives you that idea?  When has the BB team ever meant anything to the Athletic Dept. or the Administration?  It is just a sport that we participate in so that we are a part of the SEC.  Football rules the roost, as in many other schools, but BB is such an also ran in their eyes.  Auburn could languish for the next 20 years in the same funk that Lebo has them in, and as long as the football team wins, JJ's job is safe. 

Scottiep what kind of AD would say "we suck and we always suck so lets build the smallest arena in the SEC or even a Sun Belt size arena." The athletic director should have faith in the future that the program will improve and the AD should being doing his job to ensure that the program will grow strong in the future. 14,000 would put us as an average SEC capacity. If the program does rebuild and become very competative we will either be facing spending more money to build a new arena down the road, or we will be stuck in a way to small arena. If the program continues to lag, then the new arena will be empty anyways regardless of 9,600 or 14,000. We obviously do not have an AD who plans ahead or puts much thought into our basketball program.

We will always place football first and why not, it makes more money. When you think Auburn Athletics you think football first. Not to take anything away from our other sports programs but football is a money maker. Even with the higher coaches salaries and such.

We will always place football first and why not, it makes more money. When you think Auburn Athletics you think football first. Not to take anything away from our other sports programs but football is a money maker. Even with the higher coaches salaries and such.

I agree and it should be, but I believe that we can focus more on basketball that what we have been.

we're more tolerant in basketball. We need to dispose that kind of trait and be aggressive and be tough in picking coaches.

Amen brother!

It is the nonchalant attitude towards AU Basketball that has us in this funk.  If the athletic dept felt BB was as important as FB, Lebo would have been already gone.

AU fans need to be more vocal and be more aggressive about wanting a quality BB program!

:wedance:

Archived