TR Dunn

Great guy who played at Alabama and became one of the best rebounders of the 80s in NBA. He then served as an assistant with Milwaukee Bucks and back on Mark Gottfrieds staff at Alabama. He currently is an assistant with the Houston Rockets. Look at his bio and tell me what you think.

No former Bammer players for me thank you very much. A line has to be drawn somewhere. There are plenty of excellent BB coaches out there than to have to settle for a Bammer. Would we ever hire a former Bama player to be the football HC? Shouldn't in BB either.

Guest BibliothekarTiger

No.  There are too many other potential candidates that have promise without a connection to that school. 

I have no problem with taking someone who played for UA, as long as he has shown promise as a HC.

Hey, Pat Dye was an asst. coach with UA....I think he worked out pretty well.

:dunno:

The "no bammer clause" also would eleminate Mike Davis.

Dont see a problem with that.  However, I think the criteria should be the best coach we CAN get that fits in at AU. 

It's a moot point. Neither this guy or Davis will get the job anyway. However, just for the record, there is an obvious difference between playing at a school and being an assistant coach there while you are working up the ranks.

Some guys are just more comfortable playing for a certain coach. It's not always the school. Sometimes it about what major is offered at a certain school. Look at the whole picture and not just who's uniform is on their back.

I would just prefer an ex-Bama player not coach at AU that's all, especially in the "major" sports. Just my opinion, but I would imagine there are many, many thousands of AU fans who would agree with me as well. Again, won't matter, he won't get the job. There are too many qualified  coaches that didn't play at our biggest rival. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Just so i'm clear. I would not like to have a coach from the other school. I'm just saying i'm won't discredit a guy just because he has ties to the other school. He may be the best candidate. And I think the other school would hate it more than we would being that the would be getting their buts kicked by one of their own. The may laugh for a minute or two about the hire but it will quickly stop when the Ws start going up.

Archived