Official announcement

TitanTiger

I think I've mentioned this to a few people here in offline conversation, but me and Mrs. Titan are pregnant again! Our first one is a year old now (almost 13 mos.) and she'll be 17 months old when her baby sister arrives (we found out it's going to be a girl).

We've already joined the minivan brigade and I don't regret it for a second. I wouldn't trade our Honda Odyssey for all the tea in China.

Anyhoo...I just realized I hadn't really told everybody here and wanted to give an update.

Seventeen months apart! :blink: WOW! You guys are brave! Right now, Katie keeps me so busy I can't imagine seventeen YEARS apart! :lol:

That is awesome! Congrats all around.

Congrats, I'm in there with you (see my announcement thread). Now that #3 is on the way, my wife can justify a minivan - so I'll be joining you in that regard as well.

Congrats back at you!

All I can say is, unless you're planning on buying a brand new Sienna, Quest, Freestar, etc, don't go with anything other than the Honda Odyssey. You can't beat the fold-in-the-floor third row seat and none of the other models have that until the 2004 or 2005 models. So you can get a much better deal and it's a Honda.

Congrats, I'm in there with you (see my announcement thread).  Now that #3 is on the way, my wife can justify a minivan - so I'll be joining you in that regard as well.

Congrats back at you!

All I can say is, unless you're planning on buying a brand new Sienna, Quest, Freestar, etc, don't go with anything other than the Honda Odyssey. You can't beat the fold-in-the-floor third row seat and none of the other models have that until the 2004 or 2005 models. So you can get a much better deal and it's a Honda.

The wife wants a Sienna - and she's got a sister that works at a dealership, so we can get one for invoice. But we're also waiting to see the Odyssey's - I interviewed at the Honda plant in Lincoln, and they said the 05's were going to have a lot more features than the current ones. (I turned down the job offer from Honda, so I cant get the discount though...). You cant go wrong with the Odyssey or Sienna though - they alway top out Consumer Reports minivans rankings.

Congrats Titan!

God Bless....My best to the entire family ! ! !

p.s. It is never too early to buy a Football and Jersey ! ! ! :au::D

Congrats, I'm in there with you (see my announcement thread).  Now that #3 is on the way, my wife can justify a minivan - so I'll be joining you in that regard as well.

Congrats back at you!

The wife wants a Sienna - and she's got a sister that works at a dealership, so we can get one for invoice. But we're also waiting to see the Odyssey's - I interviewed at the Honda plant in Lincoln, and they said the 05's were going to have a lot more features than the current ones. (I turned down the job offer from Honda, so I cant get the discount though...). You cant go wrong with the Odyssey or Sienna though - they alway top out Consumer Reports minivans rankings.

You're right. If you can get a new Sienna cheap, then go for it. I'd never owned a Honda before but I'm very happy with the one I got and will probably own Hondas in the future.

Congrats! Good thing my wife does not read the board, or she will have another reason to keep hounding me for a baby! :lol:

Congrats...the folks on this board have been quite procreative in the last couple of years. ..someone spike the water or somethin'? ;)

Congrats...the folks on this board have been quite procreative in the last couple of years. ..someone spike the water or somethin'? ;)

I hope not! :lol: David, you don't have some kind of crazy "mojo" connected to the board do you?

Our first is 15 months now you scaring me. My wife hates minivans not sure why but she does.

It gets at least a mile a gallon

We can use it for tailgating and knocking down any poles that need it....

Congrats! our little girl is an angel but I still don't think I am ready for more just yet.....

Our first is 15 months now you scaring me. My wife hates minivans not sure why but she does.

I hate them too - not too sure why unless it is the stereotype of a woman driving a minivan. I drive a Ford Escape - AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! Would not trade it for anything.

I'm with ranger. I'm glad my wife doesn't read the board. If she starts, I'll just make sure she doesn't drink the water around here. Seems like it's catching.....

Our first is 15 months now you scaring me.  My wife hates minivans not sure why but she does.

I hate them too - not too sure why unless it is the stereotype of a woman driving a minivan. I drive a Ford Escape - AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! Would not trade it for anything.

I thought I'd never own one. We were looking at Pathfinders, 4Runners, anything but minivans. But the more we really looked at the room we were getting, the ease of getting into the back seat to calm an infant on a long road trip, the gas mileage for vehicles that could give us the same or more space (Yukons, Expeditions, Tahoes, etc), the minivan became the only choice that made any sense.

The mid size SUVs (4 Runners, Explorers, etc.) don't give you the same amount of space for cargo or seating. They can seat five. My Odyssey seats seven which really came in handy down at the beach with my wife's family. If the baby is crying in her rear-facing seat, all we had to do was walk between the seats and go sit next to her to divert her attention and calm her down. That would have been quite the contortionist effort in most SUVs. Only the new Explorers have a third row seat in that class and it's not very fun to get to. The Dodge Durango is slightly bigger and has the third row seat, but Consumer Reports and other ratings services give it terrible reliability ratings. Plus the gas mileage is abysmal.

The large SUVs (Tahoe, Expedition, etc.) give you the space, but the gas mileage is awful. In the days of $2/gal gas prices, 12 miles per gallon in town ain't cutting it. And if you're lucky, you might get 15 or 16 mpg on the highway. No thanks.

I get all the space of the larger SUVs with gas mileage of about 19-20mpg in town and 25-26 on the highway. It's much easier to park and maneuver. Much less risk of rollovers. Costs less on the insurance. Handles and drives smoother, more car-like.

It was a no-brainer for us. I'll admit, it was somewhat influenced by the fact that we knew we had another one on the way. But I don't regret it for a second.

I can't wait to get my first minivan.

I was sold on a minivan the last time we went to Florida and rented one. it was raining out, I had Daniel in my arms along with his diaper bag and my pocketbook. I pressed the button for the side door to open automatically, just stepped on in, stand in front of him and buckle him in his car seat, and then just walk through the front seats sit down and drive away.

No back breaking lift to get him in the middle of my Jeep Grand Cherokee

(at 5'2'' this is not an easy task) all while getting you back and legs soaked if it is raining. :(

I am MORE then ready.

We have already been looking and I think I am sold on the Town & Country.

It has everything from 'memory seats and FOOTPEDALS" to "fold & go all rear seats". The DVD or VCR is a must with a toddler if you often travel.

We have a VCR and it is a savior with my 2 1/2 year old on trips to Auburn.

(We only use it if we will be in the car more than 2 hours).

I am just ready for connivance!!! :D

The Town and Country is very nice. But give a serious look to a used Odyssey EX (top of the line model) or the new Toyota Siennas. They get much better reliability ratings than the Chrysler/Dodge models or the Fords.

If you want, I can put you in touch with the guy we bought ours through. He's based in Montgomery and he goes to the auto auctions in Atlanta and Orlando. He will work with whatever budget you give him and you just tell him the "must-have" features. We saved $5000 on our Odyssey compared with what a similarly equipped/same mileage one was going for on dealer lots and it's a great vehicle. MDM4AU has seen it and ridden in it and will vouch for me on this.

And for the record, there's nothing in it for me if you use this guy. Just passing along the info if you're interested.

Archived