Ward granted waiver

Well guys, I know it is very unfortunate for a kid to have his/hers scholarship taken away and I also feel bad for that to happen to anyone but it is the nature of big time collegiate sports. These coaches are paid big bucks to build a program and do alot of things but most of all, WIN. A coach has to do everything in his power to put himself in a position to win, which is suiting up the best players they can find. If not, he will not be the coach for very long. Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

By the way, as someone posted. This type of thing is done. It is done many times by new coaches. I believe that Barbee should be very honest with every player he does not believe will play. The benefit of that to the player is that he can transfer to a team where he can contribute.

I totally agree. Coach Barbee wouldn't just take away a scholly from a kid. I could see him telling a player that he doesn't think fits, that if he ever wants to play then he should probably transfer. I don't see anything wrong with that. That is what is best for the program and the player. If the player doesn't care whether he plays or not and just wants to be on the team, then he needs to be a ball boy and we can use that scholly for someone that cares to contribute.

Nobody would be getting their scholarship "taken away". Scholarships are awarded on an annual basis. If a coach needs the space for a better player, it's the coach's duty to sign the better player and not renew the lesser player. This isn't Little League where everybody plays regardless of ability.

That having been said, the medical hardship mentioned in the article has nothing, ZERO, to do with a hardship transfer waiver. The transfer waiver is granted by the NCAA to a player that has a sick family member, so the player can move to a school closer to his home. A family member must be ill, NOT the player.

As far as Auburn is concerned, nothing has changed with regad to Ward transferring in this year. If he has even requested a hardship transfer, there is no indication that the NCAA has or will approve it.

Well, hmmm.... If a player is not playing to the SEC potential he should be playing,let him go.. No, it doesn't seem right, but I would ask him to seek another University that suits him better. Being said, I could name a couple but I will not..Thats for CB to decide.. :wareagle:

Archived