Celtics vs Magic, Lakers Vs Suns!!

Guest Autiger88

Isn't it amazing how one team can embarrass another with a 29 point beatdown. Then 2 days later that very same team loses to who they just beat so soundly. You gotta love pro sports (the kind many people put many $s into, whether it be betting or advertisements during tv time). Yeah these professionals truly know how to "adjust" their play. Simply amazing. More people will tune in in hopes of a comeback series. Boston is 32-0 in 7 game series when winning the 1st 2 games. If Orlando were to win the series now, there's no way the NBA can cover up this "fix".

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good grief!!  Are you guys watching this?!?

The last few minutes have been some of the most exciting basketball I have ever seen!

Guest Autiger88

Isn't it amazing how one team can embarrass another with a 29 point beatdown. Then 2 days later that very same team loses to who they just beat so soundly. You gotta love pro sports (the kind many people put many $s into, whether it be betting or advertisements during tv time). Yeah these professionals truly know how to "adjust" their play. Simply amazing. More people will tune in in hopes of a comeback series. Boston is 32-0 in 7 game series when winning the 1st 2 games. If Orlando were to win the series now, there's no way the NBA can cover up this "fix".

J what do you mean by fix? :dunno:

Dude, you do know Orlando won 8 playoff games in a row, and had one of the best record in the league right? Against Boston in the first three games, thats the worst basketball ive seen Orlando play all year, especially game 3 which wwas the worst game ive seen them ever play. Have you ever thought that maybe its not the NBA fixing the series, but instead Orlando getting their act together? They are talented enough to where if Boston plays poorly the rest of the series and Orlando plays to their potential, they could win this series. Im not saying they will, because i dont think they will, but do not claim that the NBA is fixing the game just because Orlando plays to their potential and Boston plays poorly

Dwight Howard is one DIRTY player! Thats all i gotta say.

Thank you!!!! He seems as good a guy as there is off the court, but on the court... I cannot stand him. But there are a few others I feel the same way about. Pau Gasol for 1. But yeah, Superman is a superthug on the court. And gets away with waaaaay too much crap. Then gets a ton of calls in his favor.

Thank you!!!! He seems as good a guy as there is off the court, but on the court... I cannot stand him. But there are a few others I feel the same way about. Pau Gasol for 1. But yeah, Superman is a superthug on the court. And gets away with waaaaay too much crap. Then gets a ton of calls in his favor.

I like him, ive always liked him  :dunno: especially when he goes against Rasheed and KG, probably two of my least favorite players of all time

Who are ya'll comparing Howard to? You can't even compare him to some of the guys in the league..

top 10 dirtiest players: voted on by the players

10.  Jeff Foster

9.  Joel Pryzbilla

8.  Kenyon Martin

7.  Kendrick Perkins

6.  Zaza Pachulia

5.  Kobe Bryant

4.  Anderson Varejao

3.  Andres Nocioni

2.  Ron Artest

1.  Reggie Evans

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1166789/index.htm

Who are ya'll comparing Howard to? You can't even compare him to some of the guys in the league..

top 10 dirtiest players: voted on by the players

10.  Jeff Foster

9.  Joel Pryzbilla

8.  Kenyon Martin

7.  Kendrick Perkins

6.  Zaza Pachulia

5.  Kobe Bryant

4.  Anderson Varejao

3.  Andres Nocioni

2.  Ron Artest

1.  Reggie Evans

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1166789/index.htm

None of those names surprise me lol

I dont watch much NBA but ive seen the dirtiest play ive ever seen from any NBA player just in two nights with Dwight Howard. Like J said, Off the court the guy seems stand up...on the court he is a punk. He should be on that list no doubt. And how do you hate KG man?lol. Ive always liked him. Not much for Rasheed but KG always seemed stand up. Idk though like i said i dont have a love affair with the NBA so i dont know.lol.

Nope completely disagree he gets hacked more then any player in the NBA right now and he is not dirty at all just plays good basketball

I dont watch much NBA but ive seen the dirtiest play ive ever seen from any NBA player just in two nights with Dwight Howard. Like J said, Off the court the guy seems stand up...on the court he is a punk. He should be on that list no doubt. And how do you hate KG man?lol. Ive always liked him. Not much for Rasheed but KG always seemed stand up. Idk though like i said i dont have a love affair with the NBA so i dont know.lol.

If youre referring to the hard foul he had on Pierce, that wasnt dirty at all. This is playoff basketball, it should not have even been a flagarant foul. When you foul someone in the playoffs, your supposed to make sure they dont score as well. And thats what he did. He's never been a dirty player, he just gets frustrated at times because like Wareagle3720 said, he gets hacked more than anyone in the league. Its rediculous. He's always been one of my favorite players though

Hmmm. Okay. Explain him knocking Peirce to the floor tonight? Oh and how about knocking Glen Davis absolutely silly and out of the game?

Once again, i like him. He is actually one of my more favorite players. But dude plays dirty period. I would play just as rough if i played basketball. Its a game that gets me going and heated. Maybe thats what it is, maybe he is playing so physical and rough that it comes off as dirty.lol. But if you watch his arms when they are coming down from a rebound  you can clearly see that he goes a little out of the way if you know what i mean.

Hmmm. Okay. Explain him knocking Peirce to the floor tonight? Oh and how about knocking Glen Davis absolutely silly and out of the game?

Once again, i like him. He is actually one of my more favorite players. But dude plays dirty period. I would play just as rough if i played basketball. Its a game that gets me going and heated. Maybe thats what it is, maybe he is playing so physical and rough that it comes off as dirty.lol. But if you watch his arms when they are coming down from a rebound  you can clearly see that he goes a little out of the way if you know what i mean.

Yeah, you got some valid points. But i think every player in the NBA plays dirty, we just dont see it as much. He's just so big and strong that when he hits players just like other players hit each other, it comes off as dirty because everyone sees it and they usually end up on the ground haha. But maybe its him adapting and growing up. I mean, if you watch any analyst talk about Howard, they say he's too nice and he's always smiling and he needs to get serious. Maybe this year in the playoffs hes finally listening and getting serious and intense. Hey, if seemingly "playing dirty" is what it takes to dominate the paint and win playoff games, i dont think he minds it.

While we're speaking about dirty plays, did you see Pierce completly shove Redick out of bounds on that mid range jumper in the 4th quarter? Im surprised the refs didnt call anything extra, it was straight dirty

You actually have a great point about him being so huge so it seems as if he's playing dirty. Very good point.

I didnt catch the Peirce shoving Reddick, hopefully they show it on SC.

I did see that. Did you also not Redick pleading his case to the ref the ENTIRE time he was sliding across the court on his butt? Thought that was kind of funny. Always like Redick. Thought he was gonna be the next Christian Laigtner at Duke. He's done fairly well in the league so far. I just don't want him to beat my Celts

I did see that. Did you also not Redick pleading his case to the ref the ENTIRE time he was sliding across the court on his butt? Thought that was kind of funny. Always like Redick. Thought he was gonna be the next Christian Laigtner at Duke. He's done fairly well in the league so far. I just don't want him to beat my Celts

Yea, he's really improved since he's been in the league. He never saw the floor his first few years, but he's learned his role and worked his butt off, and now he's one of the first players off the bench and a good contributer. Just shows how hard works pays off. And game 6 in Boston oughta be interesting, alotta tempers started flaring the last couple games, and there's alotta pressure on Boston now. Should be a great game

The Glen Davis incident was just him getting a rebound and his elbow coming down on Glen Davis and the Paul Pierce thing was just playoff basketball and how about Paul Pierce shoving J.J Redick into the fans....thats dirty

Yeah but as we said before, if you're gonna foul someone in the playoffs then its gonna be a hard foul. I'm glad they didn't call anything extra on Pierce for the push on Redick. Its the playoffs. Get over it  :laugh:

I wish all present basketball players would just grow a pair and realize it's a sport.  You're gonna take some bumbs and bruises... the other team is gonna play hard.  Man up and play the game.

This excludes Steve Nash  because he has 23154 injuries.

Archived