Coach Barbee still recruiting hard**possible transfer**

AUSportTalk

Interesting to say the least. I'm surprised to see that UTEP would release him and allow him to follow Coach Barbee. I'm not complaining though. I would love to have a big guy like that in the middle. That would be major to get him over the likes of Kentucky and Texas though. Lets get him Barbee. On another note, if he's coming, who's not gonna be here?

That would be great!!  I love that we have such a driven coach!

War Eagle!!!!

:wedance:

6'11" and just 210 pounds? I am going to assume he isn't much of an inside banger at this point. Love the height, but we have had the occasional tall, skinny as a rail type before without much success (i.e Knox). Tough night after night banging inside in the SEC. Coach Barbee obviously knows much, much more than I do though and I have complete faith in him. WDE.

Must be the "tall guy" that they were talking about on Sports Call this afternoon.  They said Barbee and the coaches had someone with them at one of the baseball games.  If he has been playing for UTEP, wouldn't he have to sit a year if he transfers?  Stay agressive Coach B!

:wareagle:

Yes he would have to sit a year and will have 2 years left to play. He's tall but he can handle the ball and shoot the 3 according to the interview. He's more of a 3 or 4 than a 5. He doesn't want to play center.

6'11" and just 210 pounds? I am going to assume he isn't much of an inside banger at this point. Love the height, but we have had the occasional tall, skinny as a rail type before without much success (i.e Knox). Tough night after night banging inside in the SEC. Coach Barbee obviously knows much, much more than I do though and I have complete faith in him. WDE.

Durant.jpg

6'9" 220... just sayin'!?!  :thumbsup:

6-foot-11 PF Arnett Moultrie

**As soon as I receive more news I will pass it along.

ST; we are one over now on schollies. Any idea who will be leaving to make room? Barbee seems to be attracting a lot of interest with little if any room to put them.

ST; we are one over now on schollies. Any idea who will be leaving to make room? Barbee seems to be attracting a lot of interest with little if any room to put them.

If Arnett Moultrie transfers to Auburn then I believe we will actually be 2 over the limit.

I'm not sure who is leaving or anything like that but I have heard that we will have at least 2 leave. So I am not sure when they will be announced or who they are.

If Arnett Moultrie transfers to Auburn then I believe we will actually be 2 over the limit.

Not nit picking but I did say we are one over already. Arnett does add up to two. Maybe it was the way I worded my comments.

OK w/Izzo appearing to lean more heavily toward Cleveland, do we look for possible transfers there? I know we are already looking at a couple guys, and it is a serious longshot, but I remember they signed a top 3 guy who was a forward who could handle and shoot. He would fit perfectly in Barbee's system and would probably be a one-and-done, possibly two. Just throwing it out there... ;)

Interesting to say the least. I'm surprised to see that UTEP would release him and allow him to follow Coach Barbee.

Robert Vaden was allowed to follow Coach Mike Davis from Indiana to UAB. That's a little different because it's big school to small school and this is the opposite, but still.

Durant.jpg

6'9" 220... just sayin'!?!  :thumbsup:

Cool, I was just going by the profile ST put up.

UTEP doesn't have to release him. If he's willing to sit out a year he can transfer anywhere except maybe another school in UTEP's conference. That conference could block a transfer, but they can't do anything about him transferring somewhere out of conference.

UTEP doesn't have to release him. If he's willing to sit out a year he can transfer anywhere except maybe another school in UTEP's conference. That conference could block a transfer, but they can't do anything about him transferring somewhere out of conference.

I believe he has been released; he couldn`t be talking to Barbee otherwise.

What the Hey! :yay:....We need this young man! :thumbsup:

You should have put that in past tense, as in "needed". Rumor is that he has signed with MSU and if so, that's that.

You should have put that in past tense, as in "needed". Rumor is that he has signed with MSU and if so, that's that.

Fraid so. If so... thats that.

• 2 weeks later...

Fraid so. If so... thats that.

That's why it's usually your best bet to read through a thread before commenting.

:dunno:

Interesting to say the least. I'm surprised to see that UTEP would release him and allow him to follow Coach Barbee.

Robert Vaden was allowed to follow Coach Mike Davis from Indiana to UAB. That's a little different because it's big school to small school and this is the opposite, but still.

Same divisions in both instances so no difference. Vaden probably got a release from Indiana; did he sit a year or do we know?

Archived