Eagle5 blog is up: "Hand Over the Trophy, USC"

Eagle5

Sigh**  It's really time to let this go... If it's a mythical national championship, then why claim it?.... I do not want a tainted title, period, end of story....... Claiming titles after the fact is a very bammer thing to do..

It does not matter that we as fans want it or not is and that is  not the issue here...the issue here is the "TEAM" won it already on the field of battle and it is deserving of them to get it in name finally!!!  The men of the 2004 season earned that titles and rightfully it should be theirs....it does not matter that we as fans think it is right or wrong....it only matters to the 2004 TEAM!!!!  God bless and WAR EAGLE!!!  Now let us go and win a real one either this year or next!!!!  DWWD!!!

:believe:

And let me just say for anyone who believes since Auburn didn't play in the Orange Bowl they didn't "win it on the field".....Auburn outscored opponents 224-39 in the 1st half of games that year. All while running the table in the SEC. Yeah they "won it on the field" and did it rather easily.

It does not matter that we as fans want it or not is and that is  not the issue here...the issue here is the "TEAM" won it already on the field of battle and it is deserving of them to get it in name finally!!!  The men of the 2004 season earned that titles and rightfully it should be theirs....it does not matter that we as fans think it is right or wrong....it only matters to the 2004 TEAM!!!!   God bless and WAR EAGLE!!!   Now let us go and win a real one either this year or next!!!!  DWWD!!!

:believe:

It doesnt get anymore true than this right here. Its easy for some people to say "I dont wanna claim a "mythical" national championship, we'd be like bammers then" when they didnt shed the blood, sweat, and tears those guys did. They didnt work and fight to come up with NOTHING in the end! NOT EVEN A SHARE!

We will NEVER be like ALABAMA no matter what we do regarding this! They dont always have to be brought into everything having to do with us!

Alabama's championships that they have claimed arent NEAR what we did in 2004! We were ROYALLY SCREWED in 2004! To act like this is something like they claimed is pretty disrespectful to those guys that laid it all on the line and played so incredibly hard that season. So much unselfishness on that team!

If people want to ignore and not recognize something that will never happen again then okay i mean idk what to say to that.

We WILL win a national championship in the NEAR future there is no doubt in my mind. BUT no team can ever duplicate the 2004 Auburn Tigers. Special is an understatement for that team. More like once in a lifetime.

Would i buy 2004 National Champion tshirts if they were printed out for us and the whole nine yards...NO. But those guys deserve more than they got credit for. They deserve their spot in the History Books!

I truly dont see how ANYBODY can disagree with this! Knowing in full what they did that season! ESPECIALLY AUBURN FANS! INSTEAD, they are more worried that we will be like bammer. REDICULOUS!

Oh yea and i almost forgot. AWESOME article E5!

WDEMF! All riled up now! C'mon FWAA lets piss those bammers off!!! Nothing would rain on that parade more than for us to get awarded a National Championship in the same year on top of theirs. :laugh: You guys that dont even wanna claim it have to admit that that would be funny.

Sigh**  It's really time to let this go... If it's a mythical national championship, then why claim it?.... I do not want a tainted title, period, end of story....... Claiming titles after the fact is a very bammer thing to do..

That you, Kirk Herbstreit?  Telling the Auburn fans to "just get over it"?  :tease: 

Hey, you're right, it's 2010.  But I didn't resurrect the 2004 title issue - Reggie Bush, the NCAA, Heisman / Athletic Club of New York, and the FWAA brought it back up.  And it's my favorite AU team since '83, so I gotta weigh in.

E5

Hey, guys and gals, wouldn't it be great and fitting to have the 2004 title awarded to us,.....and then to follow it up with a resounding 2010 title also? We'd have Bammers jumping out of windows, wouldn't we?

We are going to win one very soon.

I agree. But lets take the 2004 one too.

Hey, guys and gals, wouldn't it be great and fitting to have the 2004 title awarded to us,.....and then to follow it up with a resounding 2010 title also? We'd have Bammers jumping out of windows, wouldn't we?

I want a pint of whatever you're drinkin'.  :hellyeah:

E5

:yay::party::wedance::bananadance:  :happydance::wareagle:

It's not like the AU University started all this. The FWAA is doing this of their on freewill,so if they do revote and award it to Auburn ,It's theirs to do so . I'll say it's about time.  :wareagle:

That you, Kirk Herbstreit?  Telling the Auburn fans to "just get over it"?    :tease:   

Hey, you're right, it's 2010.  But I didn't resurrect the 2004 title issue - Reggie Bush, the NCAA, Heisman / Athletic Club of New York, and the FWAA brought it back up.  And it's my favorite AU team since '83, so I gotta weigh in.

E5

For along time I wanted to punch Herbstreit in the face. The thing that made me the maddest about the whole deal was the pathetic *** excuses they came up with to keep AU out of the title game. It didn't have nothing to do with preseason rankings or how the teams played. Bottomline is the boys from Bristol wanted to see 2 of their sacred cows meet on the field and they pushed for it hard. All the while they knew how good Auburn was and knew it early on. Just listen to the remarks they made about Auburn at halftime of the 1st UT game. Especially the last one from Herby...

View My Video

Bammers thought we would jump out of windows last year...Did we? Not even close! Instead, we signed arguably the best recruiting class in Auburn history. If Auburn beats Alabama this year and goes on to win the NC, Bammers won't jump out of windows. They will come back the next year and give us their best shot.

I love college football and I love Auburn. And for college football, this is the best place in the world to live. Why?....BECAUSE WE HAVE ALABAMA! (and it is vice versa with them) and that's why I would never want Alabama to get the death penalty. It would be boring!

I don't hate Alabama, I just love fighting them! 

p.s.  If you don't agree with this post, maybe someday you will.

The men on the 2004 team deserve the glory and I do not doubt that they know they were champions.

I welcome any recognition that a legitiment poll or Org. gives us. ( we just dont have the rings) Thats what they deserve.

They deserve a crystal football and 85 NC rings. They were happy to win the Sugar Bowl but left with a sour taste in their mouth.

It would have been a recruitment explosion for AU for several years. It could have changed AU football.

U$C cheated us out of it, and for anyone to think that Reggy Bush was the only player on U$C's team to get payed is a moron. Bush just decided to change "pimps" and his old "pimp" turned him in. (I do give Saban credit for giving them that lable) :-\

To my point.

1. If they give it to us, yes take it. (dont act out about it) The NCAA or BCS didnt give it to us.

2. U$C changed the results of history and future of college football games and recruiting. They should DIE!!!!

3. Bush is a scapegoat and the NCAA should look into Mcknight ect. They were a payed team for years.

4. giving us a MNC for 2004 at this point has 0 leverage to new kids comming in. They were like in 5th or 6th grade when that happened. Recruites do not care if you got some "wanna be" NC in 2004.

5. Did I mention I hate U$C?

We did everything we could to win the 04 national crown and we did it without breaking ANY rules. USC breaks all the rules and yet AP or the BCS will not take a re-vote and name Auburn as the REAL national champions for 04. So if the FWAA strips USC of the championship and offers it to us, then yes, we should take it without thinking twice about it.

What I dont get is how everyone keeps referring to claiming it as "bammerish", or whatever other bammer type adjective you prefer. The ones that everyone makes fun of are the years bammer finished with the 3rd best record in the league or lost their bowl game or both, things of that nature. It makes you look downright foolish to say such things in reference to AU 2004. We went undefeated in the SEC (convincingly) and won our bowl game. If anything its awful bammeresque to refer to it as "bammerish". I question the allegiance of those saying such things. Anyone who thinks and undefeated SEC team shouldnt be able to claim at least a share of an NC is either not in their right mind or has an ulterior motive.  :wareagle:

Archived