Eagle5 blog is up: "Hand Over the Trophy, USC"

Eagle5

Brilliant article E5. I've heard all the arguments both ways, and I am definitely on the side of wanting recognition for 2004. I am sick and tired of Auburn always getting passed over, and we are supposed to say "please sir, may I have another?" I know bama fans will be ridiculing it, and I dare say that is the main reason some who say they don't want it are afraid of. Well,  it doesn't matter what high road you take, the bammers are gonna be obnoxious jerks anyway. A national championship trophy would legitimize what we all know anyway and that is they were the true champions of 2004.  We don't have to have any celebrations or parades, just quietly put our banner in the stadium. I want  the 2004 team to be remembered as national champs.  They deserve it. -  :wareagle:

Hey, guys and gals, wouldn't it be great and fitting to have the 2004 title awarded to us,.....and then to follow it up with a resounding 2010 title also? We'd have Bammers jumping out of windows, wouldn't we?

Bammers thought we would jump out of windows last year...Did we? Not even close! Instead, we signed arguably the best recruiting class in Auburn history. If Auburn beats Alabama this year and goes on to win the NC, Bammers won't jump out of windows. They will come back the next year and give us their best shot.

I love college football and I love Auburn. And for college football, this is the best place in the world to live. Why?....BECAUSE WE HAVE ALABAMA! (and it is vice versa with them) and that's why I would never want Alabama to get the death penalty. It would be boring!

I don't hate Alabama, I just love fighting them!   

p.s.  If you don't agree with this post, maybe someday you will.

Skipper,

I think there was a time the rivalry was classier.  Circa 1950's.  Sporting gentlemen (even players) would lift a glass together even after the game.  Some fans are still that way.  Some players are.

But I cannot "like" bammer until they clean their filthy program up.  Fact.  It began with Bahr, and flat out has not stopped with the Red Elephant Mafia since.  Their insiders know it.  SaBear enables, wants it, and works a boatload of angles and gray areas (or worse) himself, even while he lectures us all on character and integrity.  I believe he is the lowest common denominator in college football.  No, I do not want a death penalty for the Roh Tards, but I want them to be required to play with 70% walk-ons for about 3 years in {futile} hope that the REC will learn a valuable lesson and play by the rules.  (And if there's a lurking bammer here, don't waste your time asking me to post a link to "proof" of violations.  I'll leave that to the Sheriff, and he rides in cover of night even now.)

Now, I have good bammer friends and we're mostly gentlemen to each other.

But make no mistake, this is WAR.  Auburn is a peace loving people, but we have been invaded by a hostile nation.  I have taken up arms, and suggest that every AU person follow suit in 100% support of Coach Chizik and staff.

I'd love a return to the civil rivalry that may have existed at one time, but I'm not holding my breath.  You can't "fix bammer".  It's in their DNA.   :zapbama:

War Damn!

E5

Skipper,

I think there was a time the rivalry was classier.  Circa 1950's.  Sporting gentlemen (even players) would lift a glass together even after the game.  Some fans are still that way.  Some players are.

But I cannot "like" bammer until they clean their filthy program up.  Fact.  It began with Bahr, and flat out has not stopped with the Red Elephant Mafia since.  Their insiders know it.  SaBear enables, wants it, and works a boatload of angles and gray areas (or worse) himself, even while he lectures us all on character and integrity.  I believe he is the lowest common denominator in college football.  No, I do not want a death penalty for the Roh Tards, but I want them to be required to play with 70% walk-ons for about 3 years in {futile} hope that the REC will learn a valuable lesson and play by the rules.  (And if there's a lurking bammer here, don't waste your time asking me to post a link to "proof" of violations.  I'll leave that to the Sheriff, and he rides in cover of night even now.)

Now, I have good bammer friends and we're mostly gentlemen to each other.

But make no mistake, this is WAR.  Auburn is a peace loving people, but we have been invaded by a hostile nation.  I have taken up arms, and suggest that every AU person follow suit in 100% support of Coach Chizik and staff.

I'd love a return to the civil rivalry that may have existed at one time, but I'm not holding my breath.  You can't "fix bammer".  It's in their DNA.   :zapbama:

War Damn!

E5

War Damn, E5.

you make a good point.

Right now there is NO Champion for 2004.  That just doesn't make sense.  We can argue against the BCS (I would be in that arguement AGAINST), we can argue for a playoff (which we are bound to eventual have) and we can quit arguing about being Bammerish.  Just about every fan of every team in college football can argue both ways.

I'd just like someone to be announced as the Champion (whoever for 2004- Auburn Utah, Oklahoma).  I'd still prefer it to be Auburn and expecially for the members of that team.

We should have PLAYED for the 2004 NC game! Only two things kept us from it. Tubby's unwillingness to pile up points on people, and the jelousy, and envy of the backwoods, redneck, loudmouth, bias media who rule the airways in the state of alabama, and who's team was suffering it's 1oth year of MEDIOCRITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, would they just take the crystal egg from the case in USCw and scratch out USCw and write in AUBURN over the top of it?  Maybe just a sticky note or a sharpie?

Will WalMart in AUburn be thrilled to show it?  Will we all line up for hours to view our new egg?

Very Tuscaloosa-ish.

I am trying to fight my apathy to this thought.

I think I'll just continue to ponder the future and enjoy the bright light.

So, would they just take the crystal egg from the case in USCw and scratch out USCw and write in AUBURN over the top of it?  Maybe just a sticky note or a sharpie?

Will WalMart in AUburn be thrilled to show it?  Will we all line up for hours to view our new egg?

Very Tuscaloosa-ish.

I am trying to fight my apathy to this thought.

I think I'll just continue to ponder the future and enjoy the bright light.

No.

And nothing we ever do will be "Tuscaloosa-ish".

Archived