Kerry surrounded himself with Clintonesque aides

TrueBlue72

Kerry legal advisor resigns

Kerry sure has surrounded himself with some sharp advisors!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

DETROIT - A member of Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry (news - web sites)'s legal team said he'll step down after receiving a citation accusing him of soliciting a prostitute. He denied the charges.

Melvin "Butch" Hollowell, 44, was expected to appear in court Tuesday, a week after deputies saw the attorney pick up a woman near his Detroit home, authorities said.

His car was pulled over and impounded, but he was not arrested. He was released after he and the woman were cited, sheriff's department spokesman John Roach told The Detroit News for a Friday story.

In a statement late Thursday, Hollowell called the citation "a gross misunderstanding."

His attorney Gerald Evelyn said the woman had appeared to be in trouble and that Hollowell was driving her to a police station.

"The officers indicated that the woman was a known prostitute," Hollowell said. "No one was more surprised and embarrassed than me when the officers told me this.

"I am confident that these untrue charges will be dismissed quickly and I will be completely cleared."

The Kerry campaign has declined to comment. "We're still collecting information," said Rodell Mollineau, a Kerry spokesman.

Solicitation of a prostitute is a violation of a city ordinance and a misdemeanor punishable by up to 90 days in jail and $500 in fines, Evelyn told the Detroit Free Press.

Hollowell, a longtime fixture in state Democratic politics, is also resigning an unpaid position on the Michigan Civil Rights Commission, a post he was appointed to last week by Gov. Jennifer Granholm.

The Michigan Democratic Party did not return a message seeking comment.

Here's another one:

Hudson's rise to influence and his status as public arbiter of Catholic morals is all the more remarkable given that almost 10 years to the day of the 2004 St. Patrick's Day celebration, the then-Fordham University philosophy professor stood accused of breaching the bounds of the professor-student relationship. According to documents obtained by NCR, Hudson invited a vulnerable freshman undergraduate, Cara Poppas, to join a group of older students for a pre-Lenten "Fat Tuesday" night of partying at a Greenwich Village bar. The night concluded after midnight in Hudson's Fordham office, where he and the drunken 18-year-old exchanged sexual favors. The fallout would force his resignation from a tenured position at the Jesuit school, cost him $30,000, and derail a promising academic career.

It threatened public disgrace.

But that was not Hudson's fate. Instead, he got another chance -- and made the most of it.

Yeah, what a slime ball. Wait...he worked for Bush:

Bush and Rove liked both the message and the messenger.

Hudson was named to head the Republican National Committee's "Catholic Outreach" effort in the 2000 campaign. ...

On Aug. 18, Hudson quit his post as an adviser to the Republican National Committee on Catholic issues.

http://www.nationalcatholicreporter.org/update/bn081904.htm

Here's another one:

Hudson's rise to influence and his status as public arbiter of Catholic morals is all the more remarkable given that almost 10 years to the day of the 2004 St. Patrick's Day celebration, the then-Fordham University philosophy professor stood accused of breaching the bounds of the professor-student relationship. According to documents obtained by NCR, Hudson invited a vulnerable freshman undergraduate, Cara Poppas, to join a group of older students for a pre-Lenten "Fat Tuesday" night of partying at a Greenwich Village bar. The night concluded after midnight in Hudson's Fordham office, where he and the drunken 18-year-old exchanged sexual favors. The fallout would force his resignation from a tenured position at the Jesuit school, cost him $30,000, and derail a promising academic career.

It threatened public disgrace.

But that was not Hudson's fate. Instead, he got another chance -- and made the most of it.

Yeah, what a slime ball. Wait...he worked for Bush:

Bush and Rove liked both the message and the messenger.

Hudson was named to head the Republican National Committee's "Catholic Outreach" effort in the 2000 campaign. ...

On Aug. 18, Hudson quit his post as an adviser to the Republican National Committee on Catholic issues.

http://www.nationalcatholicreporter.org/update/bn081904.htm

He who is without Sin should cast the first stone.

I am appalled at this but then again, I do not know the whole story on either man.

I do know that it takes nothing to "be accused." We live in Jerry Springer's World now. All you have to do to be guilty is to just be accused.

Then there is the whole second chance thing too. Maybe both of these guys deserve a second chance. Even Nixon served as a goodwill ambassador to China after he left office.

I hope people can forgive me WHEN I screw up as well.

I do know that it takes nothing to "be accused." We live in Jerry Springer's World now. All you have to do to be guilty is to just be accused.

So true. A certain ad that has gotten plenty of play recently comes to mind. ;):D

Archived