Zealous Miller

TexasTiger

Before anyone gets too excited about Zell nominating Bush in NYC, remember it may not last through November.

Zell Miller: Kerry is an "Authentic Hero"

The Republican Convention has announced that Senator Zell Miller of Georgia, who was elected as a Democrat but is now supporting Bush's re-election, will be speaking at the Republican Convention in New York.

According to Kerry campaign spokesman Phil Singer, “We are thrilled that the Republican Convention is going to feature someone who -- in his own words -- thinks John Kerry is an ‘authentic hero’ who has worked to ‘strengthen our military.’”

ZELL MILLER ON JOHN KERRY:

Kerry An “Authentic Hero”: "My job tonight is an easy one: to present to you one of this nation's authentic heroes, one of this party's best-known and greatest leaders -- and a good friend. He was once a lieutenant governor -- but he didn't stay in that office 16 years, like someone else I know. It just took two years before the people of Massachusetts moved him into the United States Senate in 1984. -- U.S. Senator Zell Miller [Remarks to the Democratic Party of Georgia Jefferson Jackson Dinner 2001]

Kerry “Strengthened Our Military”: "In his 16 years in the Senate, John Kerry has fought against government waste and worked hard to bring some accountability to Washington. Early in his Senate career in 1986, John signed on to the Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Deficit Reduction Bill, and he fought for balanced budgets before it was considered politically correct for Democrats to do so. John has worked to strengthen our military, reform public education, boost the economy and protect the environment.” -- U.S. Senator Zell Miller [Remarks to the Democratic Party of Georgia Jefferson Jackson Dinner 2001]

http://blog.johnkerry.com/blog/archives/002511.html

Well, Homer, it simply appears that until recently Mr. Miller had been fooled, as had been many others, by Kerry's propaganda machine and the stories that it has worked for years to create and embellish.

I've said since Kerry became the nominee apparent, that he would not be able to withstand the scrutiny that a presidential campaign would bring, and that is now exactly what is happening. Even those who three years ago thought him a hero, now recoginze him as the self-promoting pathological liar that he is.

There are, however, a few "Homers" who either are still fooled by his nuances, or they are so blinded by hate that they will embrace anyone who wears the ABB label.

Well, Homer, it simply appears that until recently Mr. Miller had been fooled, as had been many others, by Kerry's propaganda machine and the stories that it has worked for years to create and embellish.

I've said since Kerry became the nominee apparent, that he would not be able to withstand the scrutiny that a presidential campaign would bring, and that is now exactly what is happening. Even those who three years ago thought him a hero, now recoginze him as the self-promoting pathological liar that he is.

There are, however, a few "Homers" who either are still fooled by his nuances, or they are so blinded by hate that they will embrace anyone who wears the ABB label.

And there are Gomers so blinded by hate, that they will believe any slander, no matter how much it contradicts the official record and all reason.

And there are Gomers so blinded by hate, that they will believe any slander, no matter how much it contradicts the official record and all reason.

Sounds an aweful lot like 90% of the Dems on this board! ;)

TT, so you say slander is being used by the more then 200 veterans? Well, aren't you in return slandering them? What offical record are you speaking of? As far as I know, nobody knows the official account because it has not been released to the public. Before you start throwing around a word like slander, you might want to know what the offical record is also. Also, I can tell you from experience that when it comes to the military, the "official story" does not always line up with what really happened. Sometimes, storys do get embellished, especially when it is an officer writing up the AAR and patting himself on the back.

A little more in the official record stuff. Kerry's and Rassaman's own story has changed so many times, I am interested to know which story you go by. Kerry's own diary contradicts himself and now the guy writing Kerry's book, based on Kerry's diary is now trying to go back and change things. How the hell do you change a story that was written in his diary? Again, nobody knows the offical record. John Kerry has yet to authorize the release of all his records? Why? What is he afraid of? It is not like they are a matter of national security anymore. He proclaims to be a war hero, but does not want to release the records to back that up. If all these allegations are false and Kerry really wants to put an end to it, all he has to do is make one phone call to the DOD and he can settle the matter once and for all. Kerry is digging his own grave by making his service the focal point of his campaign and then criticizing a group of veterans and trying to go after them by using the courts. Kerry could put an end to all of it, but he has yet to do it, which raises my suspicions even more. When the dems tried to get Bush on his National Guard record, it did not take long for Bush to release his records and they still kept trying, but they kept finding the same info that cleared Bush. Why can't Flip-Flop do the same? I listened to O'Neil on the radio yesterday and when asked what he would do if Bush asked him to stop the ads, his reponse was this (paraphrased) ," Frankly, it is none of Bush's business. This is between us and Kerry. This is about our duty to make the truth known about a man running for President of the United States." Wow, sounds like a guy in Bush's pocket don't it? :rolleyes: It is so funny you accuse conservatives being blinded by hate when it is you liberals whose platform is only about hate. You sadly confuse revealing and wanting the truth for hate and that is the mistake that is going to be the demise of the democrats.

So you're saying Zell is easily fooled? ;)

Archived