Jeff Graba named AUGYM Head Coach

AUTigerMom62

Welcome to the Auburn Family Coach Graba. OK you know me I got a question. As for asst. coaches where does Coach Graba look and what coaching skills will the assts need? An example would be an asst who handles floor and beam and the other asst. handles bars. Is that what he will look for?

Welcome to the Auburn Family Coach Graba. OK you know me I got a question. As for asst. coaches where does Coach Graba look and what coaching skills will the assts need? An example would be an asst who handles floor and beam and the other asst. handles bars. Is that what he will look for?

Well it sort of depends on whether Kurt is going to stay with the program.  Graba is a great bars coach but Kurt's responsibilities have been bars since coming to Auburn. So we need someone who will coach vault. In Kurt's bio it states that he has assisted with vaulting technique so possibly he will be able to step into coaching vault.  I strongly feel we will need a female for Beam and Floor.  Someone who can also choreograph routines.

I haven't heard anything on who Graba is looking at.  Or if Kurt is staying with the program.  They've added Jeff Graba bio to the coaches list and Kurt's bio is still there so that looks promising.

WDE

Thanks for the post. I was about to post it but I guess I was too late. What do you think of the hire AUTigerMom?

From everything I have heard about him it sounds like its a great hire.  I am excited and I think things are headed in the right direction!

WDE

Well it sort of depends on whether Kurt is going to stay with the program.  Graba is a great bars coach but Kurt's responsibilities have been bars since coming to Auburn. So we need someone who will coach vault. In Kurt's bio it states that he has assisted with vaulting technique so possibly he will be able to step into coaching vault.  I strongly feel we will need a female for Beam and Floor.  Someone who can also choreograph routines.

I haven't heard anything on who Graba is looking at.  Or if Kurt is staying with the program.  They've added Jeff Graba bio to the coaches list and Kurt's bio is still there so that looks promising.

WDE

My best guess is that Kurt will stay, and they will see if it can work with 2 guys who've mostly coached bars.  Kurt would have to move to vault as you stated.  This would allow some familiarity with the girls on the team, and let's be honest, there isn't a ton of time for Jeff Graba to interview and select 2 different assistants and get them to Auburn.

Graba will need to hire a very strong female coach for exactly what you stated - coaching beam and floor and doing choreography for both.  She will also have to be a strong recruiter, because of all the other top assistants in the SEC she will have to compete against for recruits.  And being the only female on staff, Jeff will have to make sure he chooses a woman who can really relate to the girls on the team and get them to believe in themselves and come out and perform and compete every meet.  That is essential.

When I last talked to Kurt on Monday, he was staying.  Coach Graba has been in constant contact with him and everything points to him staying, at least for this year.  This is a great thing for the program as I know they were in on several top elite level prospects for the coming year.  In fact, there is an elite level recruit coming in this Friday for an unofficial visit.  I don't know her name but I do know that she was at the top of their list.

When I last talked to Kurt on Monday, he was staying.  Coach Graba has been in constant contact with him and everything points to him staying, at least for this year.  This is a great thing for the program as I know they were in on several top elite level prospects for the coming year.  In fact, there is an elite level recruit coming in this Friday for an unofficial visit.  I don't know her name but I do know that she was at the top of their list.

Hey Tigerscoach,

Any further news on who the unofficial visitor might be?

Hey Tigerscoach,

Any further news on who the unofficial visitor might be?

Excellent question. I'm hooked on gymnastics now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived