Cam Newton, Taylor Martinez, Denard Robinson or Colin Kaepernick

tiger241345162816

Who has been the better dual threat QB so far this year?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who has been the better dual threat QB so far this year?

• Cam Newton
    • Taylor Martinez
    • Denard Robinson
    • Colin Kaepernick

You can't go wrong with any of these QBs, but who do you think has had the best season so far?  BTW, if you didn't see Martinez last night, he was very impressive.  First time I have had a chance to watch him. 

You can't go wrong with any of these QBs, but who do you think has had the best season so far?  BTW, if you didn't see Martinez last night, he was very impressive.  First time I have had a chance to watch him. 

well, Newton did have 180 against the the #1 rush defense. I don't think the others have faced a top 20 defense yet.

I voted D Robinson just because he is probably MORE valuable to his team and without him they would probably fold like a wet paper towel.

Remember, I said MORE, I know Cam is crucial to our team but I think we could still be good with our backup QB's playing, not as good, but still a good team.

well, Newton did have 180 against the the #1 rush defense. I don't think the others have faced a top 20 defense yet.

Great point, but I think we will find out this weekend if USCe really has a good rush defense or if their ranking was more a product nof their competition prior to AU and Cam running wild on them.

I'm really surprised at how close the voting is.  I, too, believe that Cam has done it against much tougher defenses. That is why I voted for Cam.  I disagree that Robinson has meant more to his team.  Without Cam's efforts in those games against Clemson and USC1, we lose those games.  The first downs he has made for this team have been the difference in winning and losing.

:we::wedance::we:

I am as big a fan of Cam as anyone, but anyone that has watched the others play can not deny how good they are.  I think any objective fan would have a hard time choosing one at this point.  A good argument could be made for each.  That is why I think it is an interesting poll.  Obviously, more people on this board will have seen more of Cam and be able to articulate the argument on his behalf, but Robinson and Martinez have looked very impressive in the games I have seen of them.  I do acknowledge the difference in competition thus far though.  By the way, Kaepernick is very good as well, but will rarely if ever face good enough competition for one to determine if he is better than the other three.

I think the thing that gets overlooked about Newton is he won JC National Championship.  Yeah, Greg McElroy is a winner, but so is Cam. 

I feel very confident with the ball in Cam's hands in the 4th quarter with the game on the line.  I couldn't always say that in recent years.

The Kapernick kid from Nevada already has two seasons under his belt where he passed for over 2000 yards and rushed for over 1000 yards.  The other three only have 5 games under their belt.  That being said, there is no denying the level of competition is different.  No SEC QB has ever done the 2000/1000 season, not even Tebow during his Heisman year.  I think this week will tell us a lot about Robinson, as Mich. St. is a legit team.  Also, Martinez did look good last night.

That said, I can honestly say that I would pick Cam to be our QB over the rest every time.

If Cam can benefit from as many holds as Martinez did against K-State last night he's the hands down favorite and could rush for 3000 yards in a year.

If Cam can benefit from as many holds as Martinez did against K-State last night he's the hands down favorite and could rush for 3000 yards in a year.

Martinez is a good QB and a tremendous athlete.

I would have him last on my list though.

He is currently ranked 100th in Passing Offense, averaging 133 yds/game.

Newton - 66th - 186 yds/game

Robinson - 58th - 202 yds/game

Kaepernick - 54th - 210 yds/game

Considering we are talking about duel threat QBs, not option QBs, Martinez is obviously the worst at living up to one of those standards.

He will definitely be one of the best in a couple of years if he can stay healthy and improve in the passing game.

I voted Robinson, but I honestly have not watched an entire Meeshegin game. I guess I bought all the media hype. I should either have voted Cam or no voted since I don't feel I have seen enough of each to truly compare.

I voted Robinson, but I honestly have not watched an entire Meeshegin game. I guess I bought all the media hype. I should either have voted Cam or no voted since I don't feel I have seen enough of each to truly compare.

I've seen multiple Michigan games all the way through; Robinson is legit.  The only weakness to his game is that he has no touch on his passes so he can't throw a proper deep ball that isn't a wide open post route.  His short to intermediate accuracy is staggering though and is the best of the names listed here (yes Cam included).  I don't think I've seen him miss.  His only incompletions come from dropped balls and deep routes.  He is absolutely the perfect fit for that offense though as Rich Rod doesn't dial up deep routes too often.

If we were just talking most valuable QB so far it would be between Newton and Robinson with (I believe) Cam with a slight lead because of the caliber of defenses we've played... However, that is not the question. The question is best dual threat QB which means ou have to be able to pass also.  For that, Cam beats Robinson handily, based on what I've watched both QB's do.

Archived