Thought of the day (via Phillip Marshall)

RunInRed

If Auburn is truly better than they were last year, our strength of schedule should only help us. If we are better than last year, then the MSU, K-State, UGA, LSU, USCe, and Ole Miss games are not toss-ups, but wins.

I think we will be better and strength of schedule will help as long as we win. But UGA, LSU, USC, Ole Miss. and Bama are all going to be tough for us and everyone else. The good thing for us is that all of them except for Ole Miss will have new QB's that most likely won't be better than the ones they had last year. I think we can lose a game and still get into the final four with our strength of schedule. Personally I think if you take each team on paper we would run the table but because the schedule is so tough and my perception that we are thin on Def. someone could slip up and beat us in one of the final 6 games. The schedule sets up good for the 1st 6 games but those final 6 are rough week after week.

A lot of the strength of schedule stems from questions marks the media has surrounding the team We lost Mason, Robinson, Prosh, Ford, Kozan, and Lawson. We got lucky last year. We don't have a good defense. We are one dimensional on offense. These are doubts others have about us. With the way last year played out many people aren't convinced we are for real.

We are not on Bama's level yet, when it comes to media/analyst confidence for us to consistently win games. So the effect of that is games like Ole Miss, Miss St., A&M, K-St, LSU are seen as tough games. UGA, Bama, and S-Car are seen as very losable.

When this team takes the field on Aug. 30 I think they have the ability to make this "tough" schedule look relatively easy.

The trick with the great teams is 18 - 22 year olds staying focused and healthy for over straight 3 months. If our O plays all this season better than post September 2013, those will be the questions. It won't even be Erk Russell, I mean Ole Ellis', D.

The problem with our schedule is running the gauntlet without any significant injuries. Playing a series of slobberknockers back-to-back-to-back can take its toll on players' health. If we survive with only normal bumps and bruises, I think UGA and Bama are the only real challenges on the schedule.

Archived