9 02 15 Practice Notes

RunInRed

Rhett Lashlee

Lashlee on practice: "This is our last really heavy day. .... Tomorrow will be a polished day."

@RyanABlack

Rhett: "We're to the point now ... where we're putting the finishing touches on a lot of situations."

Lashlee: "At this point, a lot of the physical work is done." Now it's about the mental stuff.

Lashlee on LG situation: That's something that Coach Grimes, Coach Malzahn and I will feel out as the game's going

Lashlee on Jalen Harris: "He's still a freshman. We're not going to put him in a position to fail."

Lashlee: "It wouldn't shock me if they had a certain plan (for covering Duke)"

Lashlee on RB reps vs. Louisville: "It will be by feel. ... but Roc has earned the right to get the first snap"

Lashlee on Louisville: "It's a top-25 team, in my opinion, with a top-10 defense."

@AUBlog

Lashlee on Louisville possibly doubling Duke: "We feel like we have good players across the board that make it hard to double someone."

@EvanMcCullers

OC Rhett Lashlee Louisville has top 10 caliber defense, might be even better than last years

OC Rhett Lashlee said Jeremy Johnson will have some input, want plays he feels good about

OC Rhett Lashlee discussing scripting plays for opener, usually do nine, because "that's a number we like"

@wareagleextra

Auburn's Rhett Lashlee says Roc Thomas will start, but all the tailbacks will get chances. "There are a lot of unknowns."

Rhett Lashlee on Jeremy Johnson's input: "I'd much rather have a quarterback say 'this is what I like.'" Rather than, "'Whatever.'"

Rhett Lashlee says Auburn is "putting the final touches on a lot of situations" at practice. "A lot of the physical work is done."

@AUGoldMine

Archived