For those that like to have quick reference

aubfaninga

Especially for the people that don't have time to lurk youtube... Here is a nice account that let's people quickly find plays that are discussed here.

WarRoom Eagle

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSGL3ezPMUEYhcZSS6RhKRA

For instance, I have had a few people question my assumption that GUS coaches the jump ball in certain situations and places on the field. Is SW throwing 40 yard ducks or giving receivers a chance to make a play under good single coverage? You be the judge.

#1 Pass to Duke 0:13 mark (3 and 9 around midfield)

#2 Pass to Louis 3:30 mark (3 and 9 around midfield)

Also 1:54 mark is the 40 yard dropped pass with a different trajectory.

For those that love going for it on 4th down just go to the 4:15 mark

If you watch all 7 and 1/2 minutes, ROC wanting more carries should jump off the screen.

The long bald are cometely different. The first one he had time to throw and Duke just didn't make a play on the ball. The second he was about to get clobbered and gave his receiver the chance to make the play. Both should have been caught. If anything this should show that SW can throw the deep accurately in different ways when needed. I also only saw 1 pass not on the money. He should have been 9/10 for over 200.

Uh... Dunno. Without passing lanes, SW is going to get lofty at times, but he's still throwing catchable passes, which is what counts.

I noticed something else about SW's play in that video.

SW can act. And it works. Go back and watch that video again. SW always follows through with the play, as though he still has the ball and freezes or draws defenders with him. It also helps him to get more yardage on the plays he does keep the ball because the defenders are so used to seeing the fakes. That's good play.

Uh... Dunno. Without passing lanes, SW is going to get lofty at times, but he's still throwing catchable passes, which is what counts.

I noticed something else about SW's play in that video.

SW can act. And it works. Go back and watch that video again. SW always follows through with the play, as though he still has the ball and freezes or draws defenders with him. It also helps him to get more yardage on the plays he does keep the ball because the defenders are so used to seeing the fakes. That's good play.

Yup. I noticed that MSU even had a spy on him in the 2nd half.

(Side note: If anybody's still bummed that Duke's no longer on the team or still thinks it's Gus's fault for not getting him the ball, just check the 1:08 mark. Bye, Felicia.)

Archived