Did anybody know we are playing

AURainman

Holy Crap!!

I tune into this board daily, and you wouldn't believe the crap I've heard from some of you. We are ONE day from one more big defining moment for our Auburn Tigers and all I hear on this board is complaining about UM's game against Louisville. I dont believe this. THIS IS A HUGE GAME THIS WEEKEND!!!!

If we win, we all but lock up the SEC West in mid-October. If we lose we drift back into SEC West mediocrity and we hand the keys over to Arkansas. ARKANSAS!!!!!!! You'd better hope the players aren't watching the Miami game and hoping for votes. They'd better worry about the Hogs or we will have to hear that stupid Woooooooooo-pig-Sooooooieeee Razorbacks!!! all day long.

Matt Jones is THE most dangerous player in the SEC right now, and our defense has not yet been tested by a shifty misdirection style of offense. Correction: ULM had that style of offense and, had they had the athletes, they would've mopped the floor with our defense. (I have my reasons for believing this, if you want to get into it). All that is to say, that this will be the most difficult test for our defense to date. UT's style/youth played right into our hands. LSU's style/youth was tough to weather, but we outlasted it. Arkansas's style may be too much to handle!

So, before anyone calls me a doom and gloomer, I'd like to say to everyone on this board, "Put on your orange and blue. Fire up that 'Eye of the Tiger.' And lets get ready to scare Matt Jones and company all the way back to the Ozarks!!!" Lets leave the poll predictions to Lee Corso and company. Come November we can talk rankings, because it will all be settled then.

W :au: R D :au: MN E :au: GLE!!!

Beat the :arky:

I agree with most of your post except this

If we win, we all but lock up the SEC West in mid-October. If we lose we drift back into SEC West mediocrity and we hand the keys over to Arkansas. ARKANSAS!!!!!!!

Ole Miss & Alabama both only have one west loss and we need to beat them to knock them out also.

You never know what Bama is going to do and after last week it looks like Ole Miss may be trying to get things together.

ONE WEEK AT A TIME!!!!

:au::au::au:

I agree with most of your post except this
If we win, we all but lock up the SEC West in mid-October. If we lose we drift back into SEC West mediocrity and we hand the keys over to Arkansas. ARKANSAS!!!!!!!

Ole Miss & Alabama both only have one west loss and we need to beat them to knock them out also.

You never know what Bama is going to do and after last week it looks like Ole Miss may be trying to get things together.

ONE WEEK AT A TIME!!!!

:au::au::au:

111595[/snapback]

Bama has one west loss but two overall losses. If we win the next 3 weeks, it is all over. Period. It all pivots upon the Arkansas game though. There is no "2-1 puts us here" clause, because 2-1 does nothing.

Now ,now let's not give Arkansas too much credit....after all what have they done?

Stop Matt stop Arky....

Auburn wins by 14 points

Isn't it time :au: has SOME confidence...I mean every game with ANYBODY it's like HEY this next team is dangerous I've heard they have actually BEATEN other teams!!!! WE BETTER BE TAKE'N THEM SERIOUSLY......!!!!

Come on "strap on a pair".....geesh

Now ,now let's not give Arkansas too much credit....after all what have they done?

Stop Matt stop Arky....

Auburn wins by 14 points

Isn't it time  :au:   has SOME confidence...I mean every game with ANYBODY it's like HEY this next team is dangerous I've heard they have actually BEATEN other teams!!!! WE BETTER BE TAKE'N THEM SERIOUSLY......!!!!

111608[/snapback]

haha thats the spirit

I have also seen alot of posts about worrying...and "i dont know about this game"....I wish we could all go into every game this year with an attitude of," lets kick some ass auburn tiger style."

Stop Matt stop Arky....

Auburn wins by 14 points

Isn't it time  :au:   has SOME confidence...I mean every game with ANYBODY it's like HEY this next team is dangerous I've heard they have actually BEATEN other teams!!!! WE BETTER BE TAKE'N THEM SERIOUSLY......!!!!

111608[/snapback]

Well, they took Texas down to the wire and, barring a Matt Jones fumble inside the redzone with under 1:00 to play, they WOULD have beaten Texas. They currently have the top rated offense in the SEC. They did all this whilst playing a pretty robust schedule. They layed a stinker against Bama and still pulled that one off (who couldn't, I know). They still have Matt Jones who runs, but now the have a Matt Jones that can pass. They traditionally have owned Tuberville. They took a week off last week to prepare against us with a big-ole-frickin' target on our back. Arkansas WILL give us their best this weekend. T

he question remains, will we play our best game? I still think we are the better team, but Petrino (whom we all thought was a god at the end of the season that year) laid an egg against Arkansas, why couldn't Borges? I've never said we shouldn't have confidence. Confidence doesn't mean you get to brush a solid SEC program off like their LaMonroe.

I don’t think to many people have forgotten about two years ago in J-H, so don’t take people discussing last nights game as we have forgotten Arky. I for one have not forgotten and don’t think many others have, We have been talking about what we need to do against the :arky: all week, last night was nothing more that talking about the nights game, well for me anyway. As for me as of this morning, my orange is ready, the flags are out, my car decor is laying in wait, I have been ready for Arky since the UT game. Now the only thing left to do is show our Tigers how proud of them we are tomorrow at the TIGER WALK, and let them take care of the hogs and bring us that much closer to a trip to atlanta and maybe more. WDE!

You don't just forget when a team comes into your house and has ONE GUY run for over 400 yards on you. I know I haven't, and I guarantee our players haven't. They'll be ready to play. That doesn't mean we'll win, but we will play our hardest.

I don't think anyone has forgotten about this game.. If you have been reading all week you would have read the numerous posts breaking down stats, going over both offensive and defensive stratagies, as well as respective strengths and weaknesses of each team. I am sure Everyone would let you know that they are 100% focused on Arkansas. Just because the topics vary from Auburn once in a while doesn't mean that we are not focused on Arkansas.

i think the lack of attention to ARKY this week (if there's been a lack) is due to the lack of piggies running around here. granted, i've been away all week, but it seemed we had more pigs around here last year...perhaps i'm remembering all the pigs we had after the game...w/ all their whining about holding or something like that.

ct

The Razorbacks always give Auburn a tough, physical game regardless the level of talent they have at the particular time. I expect today's game to be the same.

But if Auburn can avoid coming out flat - take care of business - and play with the heart they've shown to date, we should be able to handle Jones and the Hogs.

Getting ready this morning in Atlanta. Got the smoker cookin' with plenty of roast and ribs..... pork, of course. :lol: Listenin' to a little Big & Rich, getting the party gear ready, icing down the beer, got a block of ice for my pal George Dickel.

CaddyLMheisman.jpg

You KNOW that AU's defense has seen hours of film from the 2002 game. I think there is NO WAY that Matt Jones beats us again. Their only losses are to pretty good teams (Texas and Florida) but their wins are against New Mexico St., UAT, and La Monroe.

I don't think their D san stop us if we can avoid turnovers. I see us running a ball control offense. Arky gives up 22 points per game--we should score more than that.

But.. yes this game is very important, and no one in the locker room is overlooking it.

Archived