new coach???

Tigerbelle  once again you are right on the money....great win today and great passion CJP...once again Hoover bound   3 years straight!.....no onto the NCAA

Wait a minute, is that...... no, no, it can't be...... He's you know....... "DONE"!!!!!! I kid I kid! Welcome back!

But who was coaching after the 4th inning? It sure wasn't CJP!

Nope sure wasn't.  But it was his lineup and his decisions that had already put 5 runs on the board... and his lineup that put up another 7 before the game was over.  It was his decision to give Self a chance, too.  That seemed to turn out pretty good for us.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tigerbelle  once again you are right on the money....great win today and great passion CJP...once again Hoover bound   3 years straight!.....no onto the NCAA

Wait a minute, is that...... no, no, it can't be...... He's you know....... "DONE"!!!!!! I kid I kid! Welcome back!

But who was coaching after the 4th inning? It sure wasn't CJP!

Nope sure wasn't.  But it was his lineup and his decisions that had already put 5 runs on the board... and his lineup that put up another 7 before the game was over.  It was his decision to give Self a chance, too.  That seemed to turn out pretty good for us.

Self got a chance because of an injury. Not because Paw made a conscious decision to try him out.

Thanks for the welcome back.....btw, just because CJP was ejected does not mean he wasnt coaching...all decisions come thru him....great series win...to all CJP detractors, lets agree to disagree...im a firm, firm believer in him and have followed his career for years (yes im bias, grew up with him and played ball with him in high school) but also know the character and work ethic he has, that in itself warrants some time to get the program turned around. With his ties all over, certainly adds to the possibility of quality recruits....lets give him some time...heck, cant hurt, program has been bad for a long time..but come on  3 straight trips to Hoover.....hosting a regional....doesnt matter who recruited em....still got to coach him....just think he deserves a break....he is a passionate Auburn beleiver

Thanks 44!

I appreciate the reinforcement from my own doubts.

I'm hoping the turn around contin :happydance:ues.

The team making the SEC tournament solidifies Coach P. will be back next year.  I know making the SEC tournament isn't as a big deal as it was when it was only 8 teams, but I think the Arkansas series win took him off the hot seat bubble.

Speaking of bubbles... if Auburn wins the last two OOC games this week and gets one win against UF, the team will be back on the NCAA Tournament bubble.  If Auburn can squeak out 2 out of 3 against UF, it should be enough to get in the tournament.

Don't 10 teams make the SEC tournament? If so making the tournament is no great accomplishment. If you are coming down to the end of the season and trying to get in, then you are just the best if the worst. I don't think we make the NCAA tourny with out a deep SEC tournament run. Last day type run.

We still have RPI problems for the NCAA tourney...need to win some more games against ranked teams UF and in the tourney.  Wins over FAMU and Jax will not do much for us but a loss in either game would be deadly.

Making the SEC tournament seems like minimum progress....especially if we are just squeaking in at 9th or 10th and catch a top seeded team right off the bat....but it's a step in the right direction I guess.

I know making the SEC tournament isn't as a big deal as it was when it was only 8 teams, but I think the Arkansas series win took him off the hot seat bubble.

Don't 10 teams make the SEC tournament? If so making the tournament is no great accomplishment. If you are coming down to the end of the season and trying to get in, then you are just the best if the worst. I don't think we make the NCAA tourny with out a deep SEC tournament run. Last day type run.

Reading comprehension is a valuable tool.  I acknowledged that making the SEC tournament isn't as a big deal as it was when only 8 teams got into the tournament.  Yes, 10 teams make the SEC Tournament -- this is a recent change.

My point is that it will be enough to get the coach off the hot seat this year.  I'm sure a lot of you guys with the pitchforks want a coaching change.  I'm just giving you my opinion. 

As for the RPI, if Auburn takes the series against UF (who has the #1 RPI), Auburn will be on the bubble and will have a good chance of getting into the NCAA tournament.  Obviously, a deep run in the SEC tournament will help Auburn's chances.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry MAte.  I cannot get excited over one 37 win season and not even sniffing a championship at Division II Samford. 

He is an Auburn grad, and that is why you want him.  And I can understand that.  But if thta's the best he's done, it doesn't impress me one bit.

By the way, the NCAA somehow put "Division II Samford" in the Tallahassee regional!!   :dunno:

Nah man, that cant be the same lowly division II Samford team that beat UF, AU, UA, OU, and PSU. Coach Dunn isn't qualified for that! He's just a no name guy that only went to Auburn and he can't coach worth a lick! There's no way Samford just won the Socon and set a school record yet again in total wins, has the nations leading home run hitter, has the national leading pitcher in wins, and is going to have about 6-7 players drafted really high this year. Casey couldn't coach a team like that, he's not qualified!!  :dunno:

In all seriousness, coach Dunn is a fantastic coach and Auburn would be lucky to get him if they decided to part ways with Pawl, which they wont this year.

Oh, and Samford was hands down the best baseball team in the state this year....

Unfortunately.....you can't bank much on what he does as Samford.....

Check this quote about Coach P at College of Charleston.

Under his direction, Pawloswki led the Cougars to three-consecutive NCAA Regional appearances from 2004-06, while winning Southern Conference regular season titles in 2004 and 2005. His 2004 squad set a then-school record with 47 wins and bettered that mark in 2005 with 48 victories. The 2004 conference title and NCAA appearance were both firsts in the program's history.

Coach P had a great resume' prior to coming to AU.  Sometimes coaches have a hard time making the transition....or at least, it might take more time than we would like.  Also week end and week out they are playing better competition.

Coach Dunn and Samford doing work again today knocking off MSU and the SEC pitcher of the year 5-0! Dropping 4 bombs, and 3 off a pitcher who had only given up 4 home runs all year.  :bow:

Coach Dunn and Samford doing work again today knocking off MSU and the SEC pitcher of the year 5-0! Dropping 4 bombs, and 3 off a pitcher who had only given up 4 home runs all year.  :bow:

Good for them

Who let a divisionII Samford into the dance? :laugh:

WHY would you want to bring in Casey Dunn?  He has done zip at Samford.  You wanna bring in a guy like that into this program?  And honestly see it get BETTER?

By the way, I'm a guy like that as well.  Called an Auburn man.

Coach Dunn has done an awesome job with that ball club. One day some div IA team will come knocking on his door and he will blow people away. He's a winner.

Coach Dunn has done an awesome job with ball club. One day some div IA team will come knocking on his door and he wil blow people away. He's a winner.

Would love to have Casey Dunn as coach at Auburn. He is an Auburn man and loves Auburn.  Oh well, we are stuck for another year I guess and someone else will grab Casey. We really do need a players coach and not CEO type.

:we:

They play D-1 baseball or they wouldn`t be there.

Appalachian State does also. I saw where they were the #1 seed in their region. Many schools play Div II (or whatever they call it now) in football and play Div I in other sports.

Yes,I know.Sorry I should have used yellow text.Go back and read a few pages and you'll see where the joke came from.Start at the bottom of page two

• 2 weeks later...

Archived