Penalties

channonc

I was concerned last weekend with the number of penalties we had (10 for 90 yds.). Granted none really turned the tide of the game, but the momentum was constantly broken up by whistles. I hope that this was a topic discussed in practice this week, and I definately hope to see a in the number of penalities. Any thought?

I think it's always good when you beat someone like yarddogs to have some penalties and maybe a turnover or two just so the coaches have something to gnaw on that butt about all week. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Besides I'm sure I'm doing enough worrying for everyone.

I read somewhere that after the KY game the players called a team meeting and talked extensively about the penalties. With the three remaining regular season games left, no more lapses in concentration. They also talked of continuing to get better and keeping their heads on straight. All their goals are still in front of them and attainable.

Early subbing is the biggest reason for the penalties. Not an excuse, just a reason.

I think these guys will have it all dialed in and ready to go on Saturday Night ! ! ! :au:

Actually, on the radio show they said that this was an SEC crew that we have never had before, and they were calling a lot of calls that NO ONE else has been calling. I think it was a "lets-make-a-point" game for the refs. No worries.

Worst game of the year and we win by 32

Well, there's still no excuses, and it makes me feel better to know the players are stepping up and showing why they are where they are right now. To call a team meeting and let everyone know that those kinds of things can't happen is why this team is so good and focused.

Next up......Ole Miss. Stay focused and play tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!

If it was a trend I would worried, but it was just one game. It was a game when we subbed very deep, very early. We also had a huge lead. I think it was a momentary loss of focus, and we shouldn't see another repeat performance of the yellow flags. Plus, as mentioned above, it is always better when the coaches have something to focus the players with at practice.

Archived