AU in a class by itself

AUinVA

I will be the first to admit that I thought tuberville did an awful job last year with his hiring of OC, he has obviously totally redeemed himself but something else caught my eye watching the game on sat. night. We had a player go down (do not remember who) and the whole team gathered and prayed in a circle. Also, done after every game. I also saw a lot of class, not taunting or acting like Miami players. Not only are we the best team in the country but we have class like I have not seen in a long time on the football field. CTT deserves a lot of credit for the actions of his players. No matter if we win out or not this is by far the best group of kids to play at AU in a long time! They deserve the praise!

If all that is true, why is CTT one of the most hated SEC coaches? Is it because he ditched Ole Miss? Is it because he once smoked cigars in Baton Rouge? What is it? I mean, you're not one of the most hated for no reason, ask Steve Spurrier.

Also, is there another SEC school right now that is fielding more players that already have a diploma in hand than Auburn? I thought our number was pretty high...

I will be the first to admit that I thought tuberville did an awful job last year with his hiring of OC, he has obviously totally redeemed himself but something else caught my eye watching the game on sat. night. We had a player go down (do not remember who) and the whole team gathered and prayed in a circle. Also, done after every game. I also saw a lot of class, not taunting or acting like Miami players. Not only are we the best team in the country but we have class like I have not seen in a long time on the football field. CTT deserves a lot of credit for the actions of his players. No matter if we win out or not this is by far the best group of kids to play at AU in a long time! They deserve the praise!

117491[/snapback]

Preach on, Brother! :au:

This is exactly why I am such a big CTT supporter. He has rebuilt our program, and even if we aren't winning everything every year, we still have winning seasons, have players that are classy and don't get in trouble, and aren't in NCAA trouble. I have class with McClover, Doolittle, Carlos Rogers, and Quinten Groves, and I can say that they all represent the team well. They are very loyal to each other and to Auburn, and it takes a good coach to make players this way. CTT deserves a lot of credit for what he has done with this program and I hope he's here for a long time. :au: War Eagle :au:

All of this discussion has reminded me of a thought that I have had from time to time...

Perhaps the most unsung hero of the AU Tigers is Rev. Chette Williams. Truly it is CTT's smart move to include him, but he has obviously created quite an atmosphere for the players and coaches.

So, Rev. Williams, this WAR EAGLE is for you!!

:au:WAR EAGLE :au:

117491[/snapback]

I agree. Glad to see you come around.

Here is a good Chette Williams story about Ronnie Brown from the UK game program.

Do the Link

Chette Truly is a class act. He is doing so much more than helping these guys win cahmpionships on the filed. Here's to the Good Reverend! War Eagle!

I have heard that other big-name coaches are taking notice of this. I know this is second hand info but it's not any earth shattering news. A friend of mine heard Chette speak at a function recently and he said CTT has been called by more than one big time coach, including Bob Stoops, to see what he's done to cause the turnaround. Not just in wins and losses, but in the overall program.

This is the type of stuff I like hearing.

Archived