3 Northwestern State 234.5 (2345/10)

4 LSU 249.8 (2248/9)

5 Florida State 260.0 (2600/10)

6 Dayton 262.7 (2627/10)

7 Auburn 266.1 (2661/10)

8 USC 267.8 (2678/10)

53 Oklahoma 316.0 (3160/10)

Link

I was hoping they would keep the #1 slot until Saturday....

Points Allowed Per Game Rank / Team / Points

1 Auburn 9.3 (93/10)

2 Southern Illinois 11.2 (123/11)

3 USC 11.6 (116/10)

4 Florida State 13.1 (131/10)

5 Wisconsin 13.1 (131/10)

22 Oklahoma 16.1 (161/10)

Link

he he he.....tickles the hell outa' me.....what the bammerboobs gonna' sqeal about this week?....spencer "joe willie" pennington? (this is no joke, i found out yesterday, that i was related to pennington by my grandmother and his great-grandmother being sisters.....i asked the man to please don't tell anyone.....this is a true story).....AU is about to show the bammerboobs what a butt-ugly ass whuppin' feels like

Let's get out the check list....lost to South Carolina,Tenn,Arkansas,LSU....and this is the top ranked defense?Who has bama beaten that's worthy of note?Southern Miss?

Well I guess you got to brag about something?What's next...leader of the pooch kick's.? :rolleyes:

Bama might have lost a lot of those games on the scoreboard but that is not what really matters. They were all moral victories and if not for a critical penalty, injury, rain, snow, wind, hail, thunder, lightning, and total eclipse would have won those games. ;)

Pts per game are a better indicator of the sucess of a defense, IMO. That's how you can have a team that's 6-4 and was leading the defensive stats in yards per game. :blink:

Fulmer has obviously tampered with the stats. :lol:

121755[/snapback]

Fulmer couldn't possibly have done it alone. He had help from the FBI, CIA, NAACP, AARP, NSA, NRA, and the Mothers against Drunk Driving (MADD)

Total Defense Rank / Team / Yds

1 North Carolina State 229.5 (2295/10)

2 Alabama 229.7 (2297/10)

3 Northwestern State 234.5 (2345/10)

4 LSU 249.8 (2248/9)

5 Florida State 260.0 (2600/10)

6 Dayton 262.7 (2627/10)

7 Auburn 266.1 (2661/10)

8 USC 267.8 (2678/10)

53 Oklahoma 316.0 (3160/10)

Link

I was hoping they would keep the #1 slot until Saturday....

Points Allowed Per Game Rank / Team / Points

1 Auburn 9.3 (93/10)

2 Southern Illinois 11.2 (123/11)

3 USC 11.6 (116/10)

4 Florida State 13.1 (131/10)

5 Wisconsin 13.1 (131/10)

22 Oklahoma 16.1 (161/10)

Link

121738[/snapback]

Darn those two late :msu: touchdowns.

Darn that late :uga: touchdown.

Darn that turnover in :arky: that led to a 4 yard drive for a touchdown!

Darn that turnover at our own 20 that gave :uk: a field goal!!

Scratch those (BamaGrad told me I could) 14+6+6+3=29 and we're only giving up 64 points or 6.4 points a game!!!!!

IF Croyle hadn't got hurt again, and IF Hudson didn't go down, and IF Castille didn't get hurt, and IF they weren't on probation and IF the whole world wasn't trying to bring them down, and IF Fulmer didn't have a pot-belly, and IF that no-call against LSU had been called, and IF....IF....IF....there's got to be some more I'm forgetting, it would be a sure MNC for UAT this year.

Bama list of excuses

If we had brodie

If we had Guillon

If we had Hudson

If we had Castille

If we had Cavan

If LeRon doesnt sprain his ankle

If Darby doesnt play with a sprained ankle

If Britt doesnt play with a sprained ankle

If Charlie Peprah doesnt play with a pulled hamstring

If we werent already down 20 scholarships

If LSU doesnt have only 3 penalties for 15 yards

If the ref doesnt cheat and calls the game changing penalty

How bout this...if, in 3 losses this year, Ark, USC, and LSU dont combine for 4 penalties for 20 yards....

shall i continue?

You act like we are just making excuses for the sake of making excuses.

I still don't think we need to take Bama this team so lightly. They DO have a very SOLID defense...probably the BEST we'll have seen to date and we know what happened the last time we faced a comparable defense...LSU 10-9.

We have to get up on the and force Bama's offense to play catch up. If we can't move and the gane ends up a defensive struggle based on field position and mistakes...this could be much closer than anyone seeems to expect.

yawl are merciless.

interesting to note that the top 2 teams on the list of YPG have a combined 10 losses between them...speaking to those teams' offensive woes.

one is bama, with all their critical injuries this year to key positions, and the other is NCSU, with noel mazzoine as their OC.

truly an indication that stats are indeed for those wishing the actual results were different than they were.

ct

I don't do a ton of smack talking anyway and prefer to save what little I do for after a game. Given the history of this game and the fact that we haven't beaten this team by more than 10 points in like...800 years, I'm going to stay real reserved about saying what we'll do to Bama.

On paper, we should be a 10-15 point favorite and should win by at least that margin. History(for what that's worth) says otherwise. It will be tough and hard fought game.

isn't au 4-0 in tuscaloosa?

if true, that stat kinda scares me about this weekend's game. uat as nothing to battle for down the road and they will try everything to stop us. borges will show things this weekend that as not occured all season which should throw off ua's defense.

anyone think this game is more scary than the au vs uga game.

i hope the players come in the game with the same attitude as they did with uga!

:au::cheer:

It is the IRON BOWL (dubbed by Coach Jordan) It is a big rivalry game. IT is for braggin' rights.

Most important, IT IS THE NEXT GAME.

Take noone for granted and TAKE NO PRIZONERS.

O N E at a time. WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

Just having fun. I expect Bama to give us everything they've got but if we play at 50% of the level we did against UGA, we'll win. If LSU can put up 20+ points against them, we can. Also, I don't see Bama scoring over 10 with that offense. I could very well be wrong and the Iron Bowl is always closer than expected so we'll have to wait and see.

We can joust with the local bammers, kid them and run them down all we desire. This is AUNation, not 'As the turds turn'. But I don't feel anyone here or the team or the coaches is taking the Cant-turn-bear-aloosa Hospital Ward lightly. Everyone knows what type of game to expect. I read this morning that the seniors called a players-only meeting Sunday morning to stress how important this game is. Rest assured it is not being taken lightly.

Archived