Just some Georgia news....

SouthLink02

Ya Ya, no one cares....well I just thought you would want to know that Thomas Davis, Odell Thurman, Giles, and Anderson are all staying next year per several article in the AJC and DawgPost.

They were all really supposed to leave but Davis emphatically states he is not leaving as does Thurman....and now Anderson.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/u...4/17gafoot.html

http://georgia.scout.com/2/319774.html

That's interesting. I like to see guys stay and play out their college careers. College is the most fun time anyone will ever have, and it's a shame to leave early just for the sake of money. Now let's just hope they don't suffer that proverbial career ending injury and end up with nothing. Glad for UGA, honest.

Great news for you guys...not for the rest of us. Davis is absolutely awesome. When he hits you, you ain't going nowhere.

I hate to flame the guy but do you have anyone waiting in the wings besides Shockley? He may turn out to be the real deal and I know lack of PT has hurt him but this guy needs to be at running back or DB or somewhere his speed can help you. I just don't see him as your everyday QB.

We're certainly not ones to begrudge players staying for their senior years...Williams, Brown and Carlos Rogers all thought about leaving after last year and I think CW was all but out the door at one point.

Congrats.

The only junior I think we're in danger of losing is McNeill...

Good news for your guys link. I too am always glad to see these kids stay IF that is in THEIR best interest. These guys are all very good players. I do not look forward to facing them another year, but, it is good news for you and the uga nation.

Beat Tech ! ! !

WAR EAGLE...O N E at a time. :au:

I hate to flame the guy but do you have anyone waiting in the wings besides Shockley?

One reason I dont visit the DawgVent anymore is because I constantly question DJ during his playing time at Georgia. Whenever he plays, it seems like he looks at 1 WR and throws to him NO MATTER WHAT. It bothers the hell out of me. He is quick but he never scrambles to the right place. You can't look at his stats because it's usually BS playing time....I am quite proud that I have nailed UGA's records the last two years (predicted 10-2 in 2003 and 9-2 this year) and right now with DJ I am thinking 8-3.

Prove me wrong, DJ but I, along with a LOT of Georgia nation, are freaking out.

Good news for the dawgs. Now we can hang two in a roll on them boys (positive thinking).

BEAT THE GA TECHSTERS. Smash the Yellow Jackets. Let them know that we are looking forward to opening weekend 2005

I seem to remember Campbell used to do the same thing (looking at receivers) and I'd take him over any QB in the SEC right now, so I wouldn't count him out just yet. As for Thomas Davis, it's great to see one of the best players in the country coming back for next season.

college is fun, but id have more fun with a $7 million signing bonus

123156[/snapback]

But an extra year can really add to that signing bonus--Carnell, Ronnie, and Carlos are ALL going to make MUCH more money as a result of sticking around the Plains for their senior season. And I wonder how much their example (and maybe K Dansby's & D Thomas's last year) will have an influence on all college juniors?

But then, we are talking Georgia, not the Plains. :rolleyes:

Congratulations anyway, SL.

what they say and what they do might turn out to be two different things

123271[/snapback]

Anderson and Giles may still go....I wouldn't be shocked if they left

Thurman is not leaving.....quite a bad year stat wise and coverage wise.

Davis I am not sure just yet....his coverage skills are terrible yet his tackling and speed are very good.....he seems to be the one who spearheaded this whole staying thing so good for him....I will take his word.

As for Greg Blue, I expect him gone. He wants the $$$

greg blue is leaving and thomas davis is staying?!??!? something is wrong with the world then. although, it does always seem to be the guys not good enough that are jumping to get out. maybe it says something about their commitment to their current situation... maybe it doesn't, who knows.

i hope those guys do the right thing for themselves and those around them. if that's coming back and boosting the draft status while earning a degree and winning games, do that. if it's leaving to take care of your family and begin your professional life, do that. i say you can't hold it against a guy if he goes in the 1st or 2nd round. it's splitting hairs to move up from there. any later and you probably made a mistake b/c you could've used that last year as a full season audition (see: carlos rogers).

i think giles, anderson, and davis will still have one heck of decision on their hands. thurman needs to come back to put up numbers again, blue isn't good enough to warrant the jump. as for auburn, marcus mcneill is going to be turning down late 1st round money if he stays. i want to see him back here next year, and he could move into that top 10 range if he returns. however, i just can't fault him if he leaves.

ps. i think auburn and uga fans both better take a long look at lsu this year to get a clue of what we could be dealing with at qb next year (shockley in the role of marcus randall, the old guy who's adequate; cox in the role of jamarcus russell, the hotshot talent with zero experience).

i agree, big time talent though. i was really impressed with how well your boys tackled though. davis, thurman, the whole lot. they made a lot of great stops on carnell and ronnie to hold them to 5 yards or so in the open field. those plays the just good teams don't make. you're good. just rep the conference hard from here on out. whip gtech and whoever the big 11 put in front of you in orlando.

Archived