Michael Sams coming out party

JMassie11

Can't say I personally agree but that took a lot of you know what...could the nfl face lawsuits if the happened to drastically affect his stock? Just a thought

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It answers a question I've been pondering all year. How did he come out of no where to lead the SEC in sacks? As much as he was chasing QB's around, I thought this would happen eventually.

For those that missed it: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1953935-michael-sam-publicly-announces-hes-gay-in-espn-and-new-york-times-interview?hpt=hp_t2

I, for one, appreciate what he did very much. Agree or not with it, that takes some serious stones. If anyone's got a problem with him and his sexuality, I would daresay that he's a bigger man than they are.

Good for him. I look forward to the day that something like this isn't a headline but kudos to him for blazing a trail and being the first openly homosexual NFL player. Rock on, Mr. Sam. Rock on.

For those that missed it: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1953935-michael-sam-publicly-announces-hes-gay-in-espn-and-new-york-times-interview?hpt=hp_t2

I, for one, appreciate what he did very much. Agree or not with it, that takes some serious stones. If anyone's got a problem with him and his sexuality, I would daresay that he's a bigger man than they are.

Would u dare say that to Jesus?

For those that missed it: http://bleacherrepor...rview?hpt=hp_t2

If you're going to bring out your religious bias then...yes, I would say that to a historically dubious cult figure.

So his sexual orientation makes him a hero? I can tell you there are at least a couple dozen other character traits I would look for in a "bigger man" than that.

So his sexual orientation makes him a hero? I can tell you there are at least a couple dozen other character traits I would look for in a "bigger man" than that.

Yes, it does make him a hero. He's blazing a trail that hopefully leads to a day that something like this is not shocking nor even a story.

The problem is sin; that of course God warns us about over and over. Whether it is heterosexual sin or homosexual sin, it of course, is not good for us. God loves us enough to tell us to try and avoid these sins in our lives.

Yes, it does make him a hero. He's blazing a trail that hopefully leads to a day that something like this is not shocking nor even a story.

This trail has been blazed before, it's not heroic. Are you a student of history?

If you're going to bring out your religious bias then...yes, I would say that to a historically dubious cult figure.

Can't wait to see the day u try it! Lol

Can't say I personally agree but that took a lot of you know what...could the nfl face lawsuits if the happened to drastically affect his stock? Just a thought

I don't think there could ever be a lawsuit because there is no way to prove his sexual orientation caused him to be drafted lower. Even if it was incredibly obvious you couldn't prove that was the reason.

This trail has been blazed before, it's not heroic. Are you a student of history?

If it's been blazed before then it wouldn't be newsworthy. There are no openly gay active NFL players. What he did took a tremendous amount of courage.

Can't wait to see the day u try it! Lol

If your personal deity of choice turns out to be real, I'll wager you have more to worry about than I.

So, why is this news? If equality is the goal then stop making announcements like these special. When was the last "I'm straight" announcement?

What he did took a tremendous amount of courage.

If that's your idea of courage, you might want to take a drive over to Ft. Benning. There is nothing courageous about disclosing what goes on in your bedroom. That's stupid, no matter the orientation.

I don't think there could ever be a lawsuit because there is no way to prove his sexual orientation caused him to be drafted lower. Even if it was incredibly obvious you couldn't prove that was the reason.

in most mock drafts he's a late first to early second....what if because of this he turns into a a 7th or not drafted at all....I understand it would be have to prove it had no affect but imo it would be more difficult to prove it didn't. ...of course these are only scenarios and I hope it doesn't come to that

What he did took a tremendous amount of courage.

If that's your idea of courage, you might want to take a drive over to Ft. Benning. There is nothing courageous about disclosing what goes on in your bedroom. That's stupid, no matter the orientation.

When I lived in Auburn my apartment floor was often overtaken by 2LT looking for a place to get away from the grind. My little brother has served a tour in Iraq and a tour in Afghanistan. There are many types of courage. Openly breaking the mold of the stereotypical NFL player is just another kind of courage.

So, why is this news? If equality is the goal then stop making announcements like these special. When was the last "I'm straight" announcement?

It's news because he's breaking the established mold of the football player, especially in (soon to be) NFL. The fact that people still want to prevent other U.S. citizens from the legal rights & protections of marriage because they happen to be homosexual makes it obvious there's no equality yet.

My little brother has served a tour in Iraq and a tour in Afghanistan.

Please pass a message to your brother - my family and I sincerely appreciate his service to our country. We cherish our freedom and consider him the hero.

Football is a game, no matter how much they pay 'em. Sams being openly gay just tells me he enjoys sodomy. Again, not my idea of heroism.

The response to my statement says more than I ever could.

I'm not saying that it's on the level of running into a burning building or going to war, but to publicly come out with his sexuality with not only draft status (which is stupid, the guy can tackle as well as he could 3 months ago) but also possibly his safety (willing to bet some opposing players may take it out on him?) at risk takes courage. The fact that this thread already has 3 pages of religion-based judgement and asshattery speaks exactly to the reason why.

My little brother has served a tour in Iraq and a tour in Afghanistan.

Please pass a message to your brother - my family and I sincerely appreciate his service to our country. We cherish our freedom and consider him the hero.

Football is a game, no matter how much they pay 'em. Sams being openly gay just tells me he enjoys sodomy. Again, not my idea of heroism.

I will pass the message along to my brother.

I'm sorry you fail to see the heroism in Mr. Sam's statements. Standing up for a segment of our citizenry that continues to fight for equality is heroic, especially in an overly masculine environment like professional football. I eagerly await the day that an announcement like this isn't necessary or newsworthy, unfortunately that won't be the case until people can see beyond their own bigotry.

Archived