AU Strength of Schedule

kingfish

Auburn was judged to have the fifth toughest schedule in Division I-A behind Texas A&M, North Carolina, Arizona and Arizona State.

Sagarin had the Tigers 60th in toughness of schedule; USC was seventh, Oklahoma 13th. Sagarin did place USC and Auburn 1-2 in his final national championship rankings, but also had Harvard 37th and William & Mary 58th - just ahead of No. 59 Alabama
At least the Seattle computer had Auburn 33rd in strength of schedule, compared to 16th for USC, 14th for Oklahoma and 67th for Utah.

DKW, you can't pick and choose what you want to acknowledge. Sure, your right in your quote, but you forgot the other two rankings in the article.

i'm not sure, but i think the author of the article is using the sagarin poll as a way to show the absurdity of the system. i could be wrong though. maybe you actually think harvard was better than bama. much as i hate 'em i tend to disagree.

Sagarin had the Tigers 60th in toughness of schedule; USC was seventh, Oklahoma 13th. Sagarin did place USC and Auburn 1-2 in his final national championship rankings, but also had Harvard 37th and William & Mary 58th - just ahead of No. 59 Alabama
At least the Seattle computer had Auburn 33rd in strength of schedule, compared to 16th for USC, 14th for Oklahoma and 67th for Utah.

DKW, you can't pick and choose what you want to acknowledge. Sure, your right in your quote, but you forgot the other two rankings in the article.

138889[/snapback]

I hope you're kidding....

138889[/snapback]

Well, if you guys hadn't been so bad this year, maybe we would have faired better...

And yeah, I know, we played the Citadel... it wasn't our first choice.

The NCAA strength of schedule is bunk...the only way of determining is your opponents win-lose record. Are you kidding me? So basically if you have a better record than everyone else you're better? I think not.

An 11-1 Boise State team is better than a 10-2 Georgia team!? Or even a 6-6 UAT team!? yeah right

yea so the NCAA sos is worth nothing

Archived