2016 Fall Camp - Practice 1

RunInRed

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Who is Marshall Taylor? What happened

i think somethings going on with the mobile site, so I don't mean to quote u again Jeff. It brings up my last quoted post when I press reply to thread.

Anyway, this is a major bummer and it sucks but on the bright side it does make me intrigued for the combo of Pettway and KJ if nothing else. Nonetheless, it still sucks 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope we stay healthy so Malik can get ready to rotate in. 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

i think somethings going on with the mobile site, so I don't mean to quote u again Jeff. It brings up my last quoted post when I press reply to thread.

Anyway, this is a major bummer and it sucks but on the bright side it does make me intrigued for the combo of Pettway and KJ if nothing else. Nonetheless, it still sucks 

Happens to me all the time. Click inside your quote then push "return" or enter twice. Then backspace and reclick on a new post to quote.

3 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Yes..

Did Jovon jump him or something?  I have to believe this was a one sided affair to make a drastic move like this

Yes JR  got into an altercation this was a week or so ago. I had not heard any rumblings that JR would be kicked off the team for it. This was a very big loss. Something else must have happened.

Just now, Win4AU said:

Did Jovon jump him or something?  I have to believe this was a one sided affair to make a drastic move like this

From what I was told it was something like that....I guess Gus has zero tolerance for these shenanigans since the Duke fiasco of last season.

3 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Yes JR  got into an altercation this was a week or so ago. I had not heard any rumblings that JR would be kicked off the team for it. This was a very big loss. Something else must have happened.

^this! this was out of left field today.

15 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:
7 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Why are people throwing the other players name out there?? Not a good situation.

No one said that Marshall did anything. I hope the kid comes back. Plus too many people know about this situation for it not to come out sooner or later.

14 minutes ago, Big Cat HSV said:

Not a good situation because some fans are not gonna like that our best offensive player was kicked off and some fans will take this out on him. Even though there is more to it than this situation, because this happened almost 2 weeks ago and there were no rumblings he would be gone. This is why stuff like this never needs to be leaked to message boards.

30 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

From what I was told it was something like that....I guess Gus has zero tolerance for these shenanigans since the Duke fiasco of last season.

Thank goodness...Gus's tolerance for Duke's miss-behaviors sunk last year's team in my opinion.   Happy to see that he might have learned something from his dealings with Mike Dyer and more lately with Duke and demanding that the players abide by the rules and standards.   

I feel bad for JR but as tolerant as Gus has been, it probably took multiple incidents for things to get to this point.  As someone noted above:  OK , "next man up".

2 minutes ago, ChattTNTiger said:

Dragon Ball Z...I didn't know that was thing,super hero or whatever. Man I'm getting old!!!

Popular Japanese anime, here and abroad. Been around for almost 30 years. 

3 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Not a good situation because some fans are not gonna like that our best offensive player was kicked off and some fans will take this out on him. Even though there is more to it than this situation, because this happened almost 2 weeks ago and there were no rumblings he would be gone. This is why stuff like this never needs to be leaked to message boards.

Or you could just be forthright and honest and put the truth out there and shut down all the rumors and innuendo and gossip.  Or try to keep it quiet and let speculation run rampant.

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Popular Japanese anime, here and abroad. Been around for almost 30 years. 

I'm not quite that old l am aware of who they are just very surprised they're  considered superheroes! 

1 minute ago, ChattTNTiger said:

I'm not quite that old l am aware of who they are just very surprised they're  considered superheroes! 

It's really popular again amongst college aged kids for whatever reason. I saw an episode or two years ago and I couldn't get into it. 

2 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Or you could just be forthright and honest and put the truth out there and shut down all the rumors and innuendo and gossip.  Or try to keep it quiet and let speculation run rampant.

I have said in the previous posts I have known about the altercation. I don't know what else has happened, because there was nothing coming out of the athletic complex that Jovon would be gone for it. There was another small incident with a coach during spring.

Sorry 23, I was talking about Gus and the Auburn Admin not about your post.  They could come out and squash all speculation by stating what happened and why he was dismissed.  They chose to keep it in house and of course you're going to have speculation and rumor running wild with nothing concrete said by the head coach.

2 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Sorry 23, I was talking about Gus and the Auburn Admin not about your post.  They could come out and squash all speculation by stating what happened and why he was dismissed.  They chose to keep it in house and of course you're going to have speculation and rumor running wild with nothing concrete said by the head coach.

Meh. Other than us and bammers and maybe UGA, no one will care this time next week. 

Well, lets see how things unfold now with the offense.  With Jovon, we knew what we were getting running the ball.  We have only a small sample size with Pettway.  If we can't get 5 yards per carry from the RB position consistently, it will put more pressure on the passing game.  I think this happening at the beginning of fall camp is a good thing.  This gives the coaching staff and Pettway/Johnson time to get ready during the entire fall camp.  Wonder if this now has any bearing on who is chosen to be the starting QB?  Maybe, maybe not.  Will be an interesting month.

I realize JR is the news of the day, but I'm bummed about Kyle Davis' injury.  Hope it really is day to day, but "undisclosed foot injury" as one report put it sounds like these mystery lingering injuries.  I was really looking forward to watching Kyle.

8 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I realize JR is the news of the day, but I'm bummed about Kyle Davis' injury.  Hope it really is day to day, but "undisclosed foot injury" as one report put it sounds like these mystery lingering injuries.  I was really looking forward to watching Kyle.

I'm sure @passthebiscuitswill provide any info when he can. 

Archived