Team Ratio in yardage and points

StatTiger

Auburn is currently gaining 1.42 yards on offense for every yard allowed on defense. The Tigers rank 15th nationally in this category.

Auburn is currently scoring 2.27 points on offense for every point allowed on defense. The Tigers are 7th nationally in this category.

Vanderbilt is No. 121 in yardage ratio and No. 81 in points.
Georgia is No. 44 in yardage ratio and No. 91 in points.
Alabama is No. 3 in yardage ratio and No. 2 in points.
  • Like 1

Interesting stat.....did you find that the top teams in those two ratios are also top 15 or top 20 teams in the rankings ?   Seems logical that if a team dominates on offense and on the scoreboard it should also have a good W-L record. .....or else they win "big" and lose "close" . 

There a certain database you use for these things? I know PFR is great for NFL (their college version wasn't fleshed out)... haven't found anything great for college.

Looking at their seven FBS games, Vanderbilt is currently holding their opponent to only -3.2% below their rushing average.

Georgia Tech has averaged 248 yards per game on the ground and gained 289 against the Commodores.
Kentucky has averaged 219 per game and rushed for 258 against Vandy.

GT and UK were the only opponents they have faced averaging more than 200-yards per game. Against their two top rushing opponents, Vandy gave up +17.1% more yards than their average. If that holds true Saturday afternoon, Auburn could rush for 354-yards. If their current season average holds true, Auburn rushes for 293 yards. If either happens, Vandy has no chance.
  • Like 5

I think if Auburn rushes for 250 or less it's because we're actively trying to throw the ball to prepare for a more balanced attack against Georgia and ultimately Alabama. Some bold predictions say Sean throws for over 300!

16 minutes ago, Linayus said:

I think if Auburn rushes for 250 or less it's because we're actively trying to throw the ball to prepare for a more balanced attack against Georgia and ultimately Alabama. Some bold predictions say Sean throws for over 300!

Bingo - I think we prove early we can run on Vandy and our defense can hold them.  We use Vandy to work on passing game, we need it later.

I think we'll run the same offense we have for the past couple weeks.  Then I think we'll run the same offense with the 2nd team and then with the third.  If it ain't broke don't fix it.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

NIce stats to give insight to Vandy. You can't just look at the raw yardage stats for them because their schedule hasnt consisted of what you would call strong offensive teams.

Exactly. They will equal msst. at best. WDE

3 hours ago, Linayus said:

I guess that is possible, but 247 passing yards against Ole Miss is nothing to sneeze about . We may get the yardage......but I doubt that our quarterbacks throw more than 20 passes against Vanderbilt.