Softball vs. Charleson (sun) - Game Thread

Gipson flies to shallow right, runners hold.   Back to the top of the order.  Carlee Wallace, 2o outs.   Wild pitch and Waldrop scores.  5-0, runners on 2nd and 3rd now.  

Cooper loops one to center and the center fielder charges and dives head first but can't make the catch.  2 more runs score.   7-0 Auburn.   Spain is coming in to run for Cooper.   Runners on 1st and 3rd with 2 outs for Haley Fagan.

Fagan drops one into left for a base hit and another run scores.  8-0 Auburn.  Runners on 1st and 2nd for Kendall Veach.

Veach sends one deep to center but caught against the wall to end the inning.  8-0 Auburn

Lots of position changes in the field for Auburn.  Martin in the circle now to finish it

Jordan strikes out looking on a pitch that was pretty well outside.  2 outs. runner son 1st and 2nd for Madi Gipson.

Gipson flies to right to end the 4th.  After 4 complete, Auburn leads 8-0.   Charleston needs a run to keep the game going.

3 hours ago, WarTiger said:

infield single and they try to steal nd and wallace with the throw down to McCrackin covering and she is out.   McCrackin looked surprised the umpire called her out.  Looked like she was there ahead of the tag, but I'll take it.

I thought she safe,also, until I saw the replay.  Crack's foot blocked the runner's foot from the bag, and Crack tagged her before she could lift her foot and put it on the bag.  Carosone commented on it - said she thought she safe initially, also.

4 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I thought she safe,also, until I saw the replay.  Crack's foot blocked the runner's foot from the bag, and Crack tagged her before she could lift her foot and put it on the bag.  Carosone commented on it - said she thought she safe initially, also.

Yep.  Replay showed the whole picture of McCrackin blocking the plate with her foot. 

Archived