Trump vs.Clinton.....Who Would Win Today?

Proud Tiger

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Long 8 years for you too it seems...:fish:

I've got $500 that says you're wrong.  PM me and we'll arrange for someone to hold the checks.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I've got $500 that says you're wrong.  PM me and we'll arrange for someone to hold the checks.

I'm 76..odds are that you would lose either way....:-\  but time will tell....

23 hours ago, AU64 said:

I'm 76..odds are that you would lose either way....:-\  but time will tell....

So you don't expect your estate to be able to cover a $500 check?    Sad.

59 minutes ago, homersapien said:

WOW!  So polls are a statistical sample????

Who knew???!

I would say everyone who was shocked on election night when Trump won were banking on what the polls said pre-election, wouldn't you?

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So you don't expect your estate to cover a $500 check?    Sad.

I'll hold the checks.  Atually deposit them in an interest bearing account. In the event a participant expires the funds will default to a trust. 

22 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

I would say everyone who was shocked on election night when Trump won were banking on what the polls said pre-election, wouldn't you?

No I wouldn't. 

Very few polls - if any - are accurate enough to predict the nuances of the electoral college.  They basically got the popular vote right.

I am shocked - SHOCKED - to find that gambling is going on in here!

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

I'll hold the checks.  Atually deposit them in an interest bearing account. In the event a participant expires the funds will default to a trust. 

Thanks....an interest bearing account huh?   That's exciting......lets see....interest rates of 1 % compounded for 8 years?    something like $545...just enough to buy a nice little plaque for me at the memorial garden at my church.....that's pretty enticing......

8 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Not me. I am just voluntarily mediating a possible transaction of funds in hopes one or both participants succumb to mortality. 

9 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

not really gambling when it's a sure thing....like AU beating bama this year....

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Likely...but it helps to have the media putting a positive spin on things...and DJT will never have that.  With the current media it is impossible for him to get anything right...gonna be a tough 8 years for him...

Trump is a man who is focused and on a mission. His goal is to iron out the wrinkles that Obama has caused in the past 8 years. He is not politically correct, and I doubt he gives a crap what homersapien or anybody else thinks about him. That's what I like most about him.

Just now, AU64 said:

Thanks....an interest bearing account huh?   That's exciting......lets see....interest rates of 1 % compounded for 8 years?    something like $545...just enough to buy a nice little plaque for me at the memorial garden at my church.....that's pretty enticing......

Since it would actually be 1000$ (500x2) you are off a little bit. But it's the chance to confiscate the defaulted principle that entices me. 

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

Trump is a man who is focused and on a mission. His goal is to iron out the wrinkles that Obama has caused in the past 8 years. He is not politically correct, and I doubt he gives a crap what homersapien or anybody else thinks about him. That's what I like most about him.

This is probably the funniest thing I've read all day. 

Just now, Bigbens42 said:

This is probably the funniest thing I've read all day. 

Great

1 minute ago, alexava said:

Since it would actually be 1000$ (500x2) you are off a little bit. But it's the chance to confiscate the defaulted principle that entices me. 

That's your share if you the mortality tables hold up...

but in thinking more about it...giving you $500 to "hold" for 8 years costs me over $350 in opportunity earnings whereas, if I were to hold the $500 and get my usual return on investment from my various funds and if per chance I lost (unlikely since presidents almost always win a second term if they run) then I could pay the $500 at the end..which would really only cost about $150.  I'm liking that plan deal better. 

Maybe just a big "I told you so" could be the answer.....i see lots of those comments in the sports section when someone happens to make an accurate projection and hardly anyone actually says...":guess I blew it".

3 hours ago, alexava said:

Can't cash or deposit a post-dated check.  It's just a promise on paper until you reach that date.  

8 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

And you are serious aren't you?

Trump's only mission is to feed his insatiable, narcissistic ego, even if the praise comes from useful fools.  It's really, really depressing to know there are so many of these losers in the country, even if they are still just a minority. 

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

That's your share if you the mortality tables hold up...

but in thinking more about it...giving you $500 to "hold" for 8 years costs me over $350 in opportunity earnings whereas, if I were to hold the $500 and get my usual return on investment from my various funds and if per chance I lost (unlikely since presidents almost always win a second term if they run) then I could pay the $500 at the end..which would really only cost about $150.  I'm liking that plan deal better. 

Maybe just a big "I told you so" could be the answer.....i see lots of those comments in the sports section when someone happens to make an accurate projection and hardly anyone actually says...":guess I blew it".

It would only need to be held for 4 years, or less.  

In fact,  I'd consider changing the bet to he won't make 4 years.  Seriously.

30 minutes ago, homersapien said:

It would only need to be held for 4 years, or less.  

In fact,  I'd consider changing the bet to he won't make 4 years.  Seriously.

You are probably closer to right...he's 71 or 2....and the stress of a job that seems to age everyone who holds it....and I do worry about some idiot thinking he / she is doing something great for the country by doing away with him...sure getting lots of encouragement these days by people who should know better.

Keep your money...if you are anxious to give it away...send a check to Auburn Alum Fund.

In fact, his advisors don't even want to force him to make a decision:

Interviews with White House officials, friends of Trump, veterans of his campaign and lawmakers paint a picture of a White House that has been slow to adapt to the demands of the most powerful office on earth.

“Everyone is concerned that things are not running that well,” said one senior official. “There should be more structure in place so we know who is working on what and who is responsible for what, instead of everyone freelancing on everything.”

But they’re learning. One key development: White House aides have figured out that it’s best not to present Trump with too many competing options when it comes to matters of policy or strategy. Instead, the way to win Trump over, they say, is to present him a single preferred course of action and then walk him through what the outcome could be – and especially how it will play in the press.

“You don’t walk in with a traditional presentation, like a binder or a PowerPoint. He doesn’t care. He doesn’t consume information that way,” said one senior administration official. “You go in and tell him the pros and cons, and what the media coverage is going to be like.”

Downplaying the downside risk of a decision can win out in the short term. But the risk is a presidential dressing-down—delivered in a yell. “You don’t want to be the person who sold him on something that turned out to be a bad idea,” the person said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/27/the-education-of-donald-trump-237669

This is just too easy. :no:

15 hours ago, homersapien said:

And you are serious aren't you?

Trump's only mission is to feed his insatiable, narcissistic ego, even if the praise comes from useful fools.  It's really, really depressing to know there are so many of these losers in the country, even if they are still just a minority. 

The same way you feel about the bold way Trump is running the country is the same way I felt about the politically correct way Obama ran the country. It's a matter of difference of opinion and preference on our part. The way I see it is that I took my medicine for 8 years and now everyone who is unhappy with Trump can take theirs.

4 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

The same way you feel about the bold way Trump is running the country is the same way I felt about the politically correct way Obama ran the country. It's a matter of difference of opinion and preference on our part. The way I see it is that I took my medicine for 8 years and now everyone who is unhappy with Trump can take theirs.

The "politically correct" way Obama ran the country?   What in hell does that mean?  

Trump is not "bold".  He's irrational and ineffective.  

He's "bold" the same same way a bull in a china shop is "bold".

3 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

This statement exemplifies the problem with our country now, from politicians down to the electorate.  It's not about what's best for the U.S. and finding compromise so that everyone can feel like government is working for them.  It's about how can my party and ideology win and screw everyone else.  Goes for both of the mainstream parties.  It's also why at least 40% of the country doesn't affiliate with either the Democratic or Republican party now, identifying instead as Independents.

Archived